GCL Co-ed 2020

Badin is going to make a deep run, and they are young. Congrats to the coaches they are building a great program. Carroll and Fenwick are both way down. Mc Nick is going in right direction. Alter will go as far as the O line and LACK of turnovers will take them. I do not know what the stats are but they seem to be averaging about 3-4 turnovers a game.
Barring any major injuries in the final at Badin I think Mcnicholas can play with anyone in D16 except perhaps Clinton Massie (although looks like they struggled against a so so New Richmond team). Wyoming, IH, Valley View etc aren’t Alter or Badin. I don’t know but I assume the Rockets aren’t very deep and they already lost their best RB before the season started and their best two way lineman who I didn’t see on the field v Alter and limped off the field near the start of the CJ game.

Last edited:
Alter 52 CJ 7 never close
Carroll 23 Fenwick 12 close game until late in the fourth
Badin 28 McNick 6 say 14-0 Badin at the half and wear down the Rockets late

It's crazy they've had 4 out the 5 games the JV was in by the 3rd quarter for the rest of the game. Badins starting defense has technically only given up 1 touchdown to Alter and 2 field goals, (12 points total all season). The rest of the 27 points from the other 4 teams were from JV.
I'm going Alter over CJ 40-7.
Fenwick deserves a win and needs a win, I'll take Fenwick over Caroll 21-17.
Badins offense will come out flat in the first Q since it's on a Saturday afternoon throwing them off. Rockets will give them a good run the first half. It'll be close at half maybe 10-3 Badin. Rams will get there butts chewed out at half and come out strong and explosive and it'll be over start of the 4th. 31-10 Final.
Couldn't have said it better. The rams truly only playing one full game has undoubtedly allowed for few to no injuries throughout the season: However, will be interesting to see how the team reacts to being in a close game and having to play the whole game. Not sure if alter was enough for the young guys to truly have enough experience to be able to finish a full competitive game. Could be trouble for post season

I would not be too worried. Coach Yordy gets those boys in shape year in and out. Last year they were in a similar boat and personally, I thought when the starters had to play in the fourth, they played well. Would not be too worried if anything getting these backups some solid reps in game will lead to Badin having more depth to rotate guys and keep legs fresh.

I think it’s time Alter’s defense starts getting some attention. Since a disastrous first half against Massie, they have been really good. Their D-Line is the backbone and may be the best in the GCL. Running against them is nearly impossible and QBs have very little time to throw. If the DBs keep playing well, lookout!

It's crazy they've had 4 out the 5 games the JV was in by the 3rd quarter for the rest of the game. Badins starting defense has technically only given up 1 touchdown to Alter and 2 field goals, (12 points total all season). The rest of the 27 points from the other 4 teams were from JV.
I'm going Alter over CJ 40-7.
Fenwick deserves a win and needs a win, I'll take Fenwick over Caroll 21-17.
Badins offense will come out flat in the first Q since it's on a Saturday afternoon throwing them off. Rockets will give them a good run the first half. It'll be close at half maybe 10-3 Badin. Rams will get there butts chewed out at half and come out strong and explosive and it'll be over start of the 4th. 31-10 Final.
Badin 35 McNicholas 14
Alter 42 Chaminade 7
Carroll 41 Fenwick 13

Playoff seedings: Badin 2, Alter 6 Region 12, McNick 5 Region 16. All have 1st Round byes. Surprised by Alter.

Playoff seedings: Badin 2, Alter 6 Region 12, McNick 5 Region 16. All have 1st Round byes. Surprised by Alter.
Surprised by Alter to low to high? Amazing that they are that high as Dunbar voted them #26. Bellbrook gets a walk to regional final, they are not a number1 seed.

Surprised by Alter to low to high? Amazing that they are that high as Dunbar voted them #26. Bellbrook gets a walk to regional final, they are not a number1 seed.

New Richmond and Ross will be tough outs for Bellbrook. They should have been the #2 seed.

Too low. They may win the District. Where do you go to see the seeding votes by school?

Last edited:
Too low. They may win the District. Where do you go to see the seeding votes by school?
I do not know where they got this, but is posted in thread DIII division 12. The teams vote giving the highest point value to team they feel is best and then rate in descending order

Attachments

• region 12.png
    region 12.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 24
Just walked out of the Carroll Fenwick game. Never seen anything like this. Fenwick has at least 10 personal foul penalties and 2 ejections in the second half. Totally out of control. You can tell the refs are not happy embarrassing for fenwick

Just walked out of the Carroll Fenwick game. Never seen anything like this. Fenwick has at least 10 personal foul penalties and 2 ejections in the second half. Totally out of control. You can tell the refs are not happy embarrassing for fenwick
Hmmm I mentioned a few weeks ago that TheCoachMoore wasn’t HC material. If this is true then It totally falls on him!

I am truly shocked.

Hmmm I mentioned a few weeks ago that TheCoachMoore wasn’t HC material. If this is true then It totally falls on him!

Earlier this year I tried to defend Coach Moore because it was only week 3. Now, Fenwick has to let him go. Discipline is one of the few things in football that does not take talent, Fenwick has none of it and it all falls on Coach Moore. He had the keys to produce a respectable 3-3 season but he could not even do that.

You start to wonder about the AD (Michael Coleman) at Fenwick. 3 football coaches in for years. Fire a highly respected basketball coach. Fenwick girls soccer coach fired. Rumblings from other competitive teams of Fenwick showing classless behavior. Hope they figure it out. Fenwick is better than that.

You start to wonder about the AD (Michael Coleman) at Fenwick. 3 football coaches in for years. Fire a highly respected basketball coach. Fenwick girls soccer coach fired. Rumblings from other competitive teams of Fenwick showing classless behavior. Hope they figure it out. Fenwick is better than that.
Not really, outside of St X they have the most obnoxious fans in the GCL leagues. They have always thought they were better than they actually were

Blocked punt Badin starts at 18 and ties it up 7-7. Mcnicholas QB was injured in 1st Q and hasn’t returned.

Losing your 3 year starting QB sucks, but the McNick coaching staff gifted Badin that game. Have to be better prepared, especially on special teams.

Losing your 3 year starting QB sucks, but the McNick coaching staff gifted Badin that game. Have to be better prepared, especially on special teams.
Referring to the blocked punt? I only saw part on the second half on line. Any idea on the extent of the QB injury?

Looked like broken collarbone, done for the year. McNick's scoring drive came with #8 moving to QB although he hasn't repped all year. They started putting the sophomore in which was a mistake. Not having a backup punter and making the same kid punt was a mistake. Blocked punt, dropped Kick Off, then 10 yard punt gave Badin their scores. We all knew McNick had to win 7-0 because points were going to be hard to come by. McNick plays their LBs 6 yards off the ball which leaves them wide open to the run. Good teams like Alter, and in the second half-Badin are going to make you pay.

Nothing but good things to say about mcnich. They were an extremely physical team and played in between the whistle. They got after it. Great sportsmenship, something that some teams lack. They have a strong ability to make a run in the playoff. Hopefully Badylak is healthy, but have a feeling he won't be back if its his collarbone. Hopefully their big lineman is back by playoffs, unaware of his condition though. Would love to see them get far in the playoffs, they have the ability to.

Confirmed broken collarbone. Out our starting QB and lineman. 3 captains done for the year. The other was a starting RB but we had depth there. At least they have 2 weeks to get #8 up to speed. Good luck to the rest of the GCL squads. Keep posting. Most of us in this thread enjoy keeping up with the other schools.