GCL Co-ed 2020

What's the odds that a full season is even played this fall in all OHSAA sports? I wasn't concerned a couple weeks ago, but I am starting hear some things that have me wondering. Additional testing, availability of crews to ref, .......... It may be more complex than just saying "its good to go.".

GCL will just “lawyer up” and sue somebody if enrollment declines rather than just doing the right thing and consolidating schools: Example absolutely no reason for three catholic high schools within 8 miles of each other. Close Carroll and split enrollments to CJ and Alter. Both schools have room, CJ has a foot hold on northern area and has a city presence that is needed. Alter has room and has a strong presence in southern part of area.

Hamilton is a bottom of the barrel village... I cannot imagine those uncultured swine could even come close to knowing how to perform CPR. They are still stuck in ancient times, wouldn't be surprised if they did a rain dance jig when that young woman got pulled from the river. Zach Switzer deserves the guillotine.

Wow! Lol lol

The Great Miami River

Did you just answer your own question? You goob! Good news from the thread is that some other village is no longer on the bottom. ;)

Speedthatkills, I'm glad you've been able to stave off that "Rona".

Didn't want to upset some McNick parent with my false info, so had to come and set the record straight ;)

Good news for McNick - replicating last years 3-7 record will get them in the playoffs in the near future!!
Were they the 10th team in the Region last season? Just checked looks like they were 11th in Region 16. I’ve forgotten how the new format works...would that have gotten them in?

Were they the 10th team in the Region last season? Just checked looks like they were 11th in Region 16. I’ve forgotten how the new format works...would that have gotten them in?
Yes. In '21 the playoffs expand to 12 teams. 3-7 was good enough for 11th place in Region 16. In the new format they would have played #6 Roger Bacon who had beaten them 36-13 in week 5. I think there was a D1 team that would have qualified at 3-7 also.

Yes. In '21 the playoffs expand to 12 teams. 3-7 was good enough for 11th place in Region 16. In the new format they would have played #6 Roger Bacon who had beaten them 36-13 in week 5. I think there was a D1 team that would have qualified at 3-7 also.
Ok thanks, Mcnick beat a 8-2 and 7-3 team in the first 2 games, I’m sure that provided a fair amount of Harbins

Who are our preseason picks for Gcl offensive and defensive players of the year?
I think for offense strong candidates are Alter’s McDonald or Morris, Mcnick‘s Badylak or CJ’s Owens
For defense, Badin‘s Carter or Harrison, Carroll’s Severt or Fenwick’s Miller are all strong candidates

Who are our preseason picks for Gcl offensive and defensive players of the year?
I think for offense strong candidates are Alter’s McDonald or Morris, Mcnick‘s Badylak or CJ’s Owens
For defense, Badin‘s Carter or Harrison, Carroll’s Severt or Fenwick’s Miller are all strong candidates
Good chance Alter sweeps the POY’s. McDonald and Hicks are my choices, though Owens from CJ is a strong candidate for OPOY as well.