GCL Co-Ed 2020-21

I’m not sure too many gcl coaches will miss coach Neal. Not too many of them are fans of the little guy. Best of luck in the mvc

I am sure the Sipple kid is a very good player but if he played in the GCL co-ed he would average around 12-15 not 33. Kids out of this league get a raw deal because they go up against great defenses night after night. You average double digits in this league that is truly saying something. Isaiah Walker ran in to the same situation. Last year against Alter and this year against McNick. He scored 16 against McNick but 6 of them came in the 4th quarter when the subs were in. it's just a different level of defense.

w

Was awesome to see for Coach Weisgerber!!

I dont know anything about Wyoming and have not seen them at all this year, but what are the Rams chances on Thursday?

Wyoming has a nice team. I saw their game against a really good Ross team. It was a good game but Wyoming pulled out the W.

Badins defense should keep them in it.

I would say thehawg is spot on. Wyoming beat Ross but also lost to Monroe so hard to figure. They have a nice player in Tyrice Walker's son but I think the Rams may be up to the challenge. Rather interesting sidenote. I believe Coach Weisgerber may have hired Wyoming Coach Rooks when he was the AD at Lakota West and Rooks was the head man there.

I would say thehawg is spot on. Wyoming beat Ross but also lost to Monroe so hard to figure. They have a nice player in Tyrice Walker's son but I think the Rams may be up to the challenge. Rather interesting sidenote. I believe Coach Weisgerber may have hired Wyoming Coach Rooks when he was the AD at Lakota West and Rooks was the head man there.
Coach Weisgerber was gone by then, Kaufman was the West AD that hired Rooks.

I stand corrected. Wasn’t sure when Coach Gerbs had retired. I wasn’t sure when van winkle had left and rooks took over. Thank you for the info. Should be a great game on Thursday.

You really don't understand how good this league is until you see how they do against other schools. They beat up on each other throughout the year so you think it's average but then you realize that they are just very good teams. We will lose 2 more GCL co-ed teams this weekend and only because they play each other more than likely. McNick vs. Fenwick and Alter against CJ (assuming CJ wins). Also I would be shocked if Badin loses to Wyoming.

I'm thinking the MVC may be wanting to rethink allowing Bacon/PM into their conference. 1-18(0-14) PM beat 18 win CCD last night in the tourney.

GCL may seem boring basketball with a lot of coaching, but consisently, they are always the worse teams you want to match up with in a game. McNicholas, Alter, CJ, Fenwick, Badin, Carroll, and Purcell are cruising right now.

I'm thinking the MVC may be wanting to rethink allowing Bacon/PM into their conference. 1-18(0-14) PM beat 18 win CCD last night in the tourney.

MVC is a good fit for Purcell. If Roger Bacon keeps pilfering around for girls basketball, volleyball, and football, they're going to be the school that everyone hates. I wouldn't say Roger Bacon is not competitive in sports, but MVC is an easier route to "dominant" and not face the challenging or hard fought games vs the GCL. The last couple of years, RB has had teams that could have beaten some GCL teams in football.

GCL schools should be successful in tourney. When you are drawing kids from multiple schools districts you should have success. I am not bashing GCL schools or saying they cheat, but let's be honest, they have some advantages.

GCL schools should be successful in tourney. When you are drawing kids from multiple schools districts you should have success. I am not bashing GCL schools or saying they cheat, but let's be honest, they have some advantages.
All these schools draw kids from multiple districts as well (SWO Open Enrollment districts)
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 8.28.42 AM.png