Gasoline Price Increase

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Was a little surprised today when the price jumped 30-40 cents at the local gas station. Anyone know the reason? Thought it might have to do with switching over to the Summer Blend. Also wondered if they were getting a head start on the upcoming tax increase in Ohio.

Was a little surprised today when the price jumped 30-40 cents at the local gas station. Anyone know the reason? Thought it might have to do with switching over to the Summer Blend. Also wondered if they were getting a head start on the upcoming tax increase in Ohio.

Fire at the Philly refinery.

Saw it this morning and quickly filled up for 2.30.

and pending war with Iran.

and a camel farted in the desert.

Had 20 cents off expiring at getgo at end of month... Filled tank yesterday for $1.97. Hopefully we won’t be at war with Iran whenever I fill up again

Had 50 cents off at Kroger yesterday, so I filled up my truck at $1.81 per - 20 gallons worth. At first I thought today's increase was due to Iran, but then I saw the news about the refinery fire.

Same thing happened 3 or 4 weeks ago? Prices went up 40 cents due to uneasiness in the Mideast? And then started creeping back down shortly after.

When I started working at Rick's Marathon gas was .369 and you got a free Apollo glass with a fill-up.

Just sayin'.

It was the Iran situation that caused the jump. Should come back down shortly

Thursday it went up from 2.17 to 2.65 (48 cents) at the gas station near my house. It is at 2.57 this evening will probably be in the 2.40's by Sunday-Monday.

I don't know if we are ahead of you guys in OH or behind you, but here are our most recent "first day of the week" prices:

2.02 (week one)
2.22 (week two)
2.37 (week three)
2.40 (week four)

Today, at the intersection where I purchase gas there were three different week five prices: 2.40 (no change), 2.50 (up ten) and 2.60 (up twenty). I look for the two lower prices to go up as these three stations are usually pretty much in lockstep. Heads-up! (Or, not).

Really disappointed with Get Go (Giant Eagle gas stations) . They bumped their gas prices way up before the last weekend before the higher gas tax went into effect. Kind of took away the advantage of fuel perks.

More consumption due to summer driving/ vacations, holidays (Memorial Day, 4th July, Labor day), fires at a refinery in Philadelphia and now the new gas tax. We're getting hit hard....

But you know what, I don't love taxes, but I do like it for this reason alone. It affects MORE of us. In most cases, only those with money get nailed with taxes. Everyone (or most) use gas, so more people get to enjoy this tax. Let's fact it, the low income folks play next to nothing in income taxes. We all use the roads, we all should pay.

And this is more about paying for something we really don't want to pay for (infrastructure) than letting us buy other things we like more. Vacations/ cars/ electronics, etc.

Filled up this morning at the place I always go, a locally owned spot.

They haven't raised their's yet for the new tax and said he would do so later in the day.

Honestly, maybe you'll see gas stations try to keep their prices low, let's face it, for many people they either pay at the pump, or they'll go in and buy way too expensive drinks/ snacks/ coffee. It's incredible how people waste money. Just go to a convenience store and observe the transactions.

Instead of raising the gas tax, Governor and his liberal friends should have cut the tax. Lower gas price means more people driving which in turn means more revenue. It is the same reasoning for cutting income tax, people will spend more if they have more of their own money.

A whopping 60 bucks a year extra. Meh....

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

60 dollars I could spend on my Grandchildren instead of the government wasting it. If you don't mind giving the government your money by all means send them a check, I am sure they will be more than happy to spend it.

Instead of raising the gas tax, Governor and his liberal friends should have cut the tax. Lower gas price means more people driving which in turn means more revenue. It is the same reasoning for cutting income tax, people will spend more if they have more of their own money.

For the first time ever, Mike DeWine and his cohorts have been referred to as liberals!

Passed by a BP near us yesterday - was $2.59. This morning - $2.69, like clockwork.

Lol. Yesterday we drove down the road and found $2.53 at Kroger. Wife's car at half-tank, so we got in line to top off. Picked the wrong pump to get in line. Lady in front of us with a Civic was taking forever to fill her car:

- after it shut-off automatically, she kept trying for a few more minutes to squeeze a few more drops in
- her husband on the other side hands her two 5-gallon cans, so she fills them up
- then she tries again to squeeze a few more drops in the Civic - 2 more minutes
- then she reaches the pump to other side of the island for her husband to fill his car (not sure if Kroger prohibits that)
- after he got done, ONCE AGAIN, she tries to squeeze a few more drops into her Civic.

I was dying to get out and say, "Honey, have you ever gassed up your car before? Do you know that tank doesn't stretch?". I think they pumped a total of 30 gallons. I'd guess her couponing skills are pretty strong, though. :D

Last edited:
Costco is 12.5 miles from our house, and not in the direction I most frequently travel, so the truck rarely gets gas there. My wife goes that way a couple of times a week and the van almost always gets filled there.

I don't pay any attention to the increases in cost, or who has gas for 4 cents less per gallon.