Gas Prices Skyrocket under Biden

Looking at TCO, it's about 2 grand to wire my home for juice to charge the Tesla, plus pay to charge it elsewhere, plus
a new battery is about 3 grand, right?
:LOL:
Plus I am too tall for either car....
I think it is more to replace the battery but it is designed to last the life of the car... 400-500K miles. As such, the car has virtually no maintenance beyond tires. Over the course of its life, the car will be cheaper than a Civic not even counting the fuel.

Everyone is aware oil needs to be at $50 +/- for the USA producers to profit? We went thru a short period where oil was free. That's right it was free. How can something be free? The supply and demand issues are real. Beating drums of Green Energy, closing pipelines and promises to end fracking will increase prices. You can’t blame this on Trump. Big oil lost a fortune and Biden is going to let them make it back quickly.

500px-Honda-Motor-Aoyama-01.jpg

Honda headquarters in Minato, Tokyo

Everyone is aware oil needs to be at $50 +/- for the USA producers to profit? We went thru a short period where oil was free. That's right it was free. How can something be free? The supply and demand issues are real. Beating drums of Green Energy, closing pipelines and promises to end fracking will increase prices. You can’t blame this on Trump. Big oil lost a fortune and Biden is going to let them make it back quickly.

Did the explosive growth in renewables that occurred during the Trump administration increase oil prices? Not quite following the logic on that.

Of course a tanking economy/demand leads to lower oil prices also. And vice/versa on booming demand.

The good news is alternatives have put a cap on spikes getting out of control. You father's Big Oil no longer has free rein to act with impunity. Now they need to tread very carefully. That's why they are called alternatives. Alternatives are a good thing. Especially cleaner, safer, renewable ones.

Did the explosive growth in renewables that occurred during the Trump administration increase oil prices? Not quite following the logic on that.

Of course a tanking economy/demand leads to lower oil prices also. And vice/versa on booming demand.

The good news is alternatives have put a cap on spikes getting out of control. You father's Big Oil no longer has free rein to act with impunity. Now they need to tread very carefully. That's why they are called alternatives. Alternatives are a good thing. Especially cleaner, safer, renewable ones.
$5.00 a gallon is the limit, imo. Take away the subsidies and it's worse.

It's about comparables. Comps. I stand by my analysis. I've drove both vehicles types. Tesla vehicles are status symbols at this time.

You didn't give an analysis - you just said the comp for a $24k Civic is an $80k Tesla. That's a singular statement, not an analysis. It isn't even an accurate statement. The $80k Tesla is the Model S and it's comps are luxury vehicles (Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc), not a Honda Civic.

That said, I'd agree it's more of a status symbol at this time than anything else.

You didn't give an analysis - you just said the comp for a $24k Civic is an $80k Tesla. That's a singular statement, not an analysis. It isn't even an accurate statement. The $80k Tesla is the Model S and it's comps are luxury vehicles (Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc), not a Honda Civic.

That said, I'd agree it's more of a status symbol at this time than anything else.
Those are gimmicks imo It takes 80k of Tesla to match the Accord. I have driven both. They are kinda cool to drive.

Had we sustained that price level we’d have destroyed our own production capacity and ended up with five dollar gas.

I'm not saying it was good, bad, or whatever. I'm just sick of people with their extremely selective memories and faux outrage that really is only dependent upon them liking the person in charge or not. I'm on the side of the president has very little if any impact on the price of gas, and I stick with that regardless of who is president.

Actually it was less than free for a while. Meaning it actually was costing the producers money to have it.

You stopped looking for the truth. It's tough finding it in today's world.
Green energy is variable. Electric Grids need constant energy sources during stressful events. This is a fact. Extreme heat or cold increases demand. Green cannot meet constant demands. Green energy makes the grids harder to control. It's variable
Texas Grid operators made one huge mistake. The didn't start rolling blackouts early enough. End of game That decision screwed the Grid. Safeguards kicked in and shut down power plants. Shutting down a power plant is like turning off a vehicle. Keep looking for the real truth, it won't be easy to find.

Got the dreaded "cut off"(card only allows $75 max for gas) at the gas station during my last fill up. Was only able to get 26 gallons, normally would have gotten 30. Thanks for the higher gas prices Biden.