Gas Prices Skyrocket under Biden

OPEC has cut supply, and helped drive up prices. And domestic buyers have stockpiled inventories, waiting on better market pricing, like they're starting to get.

Completely ignoring what we've done to the environment and our health, I would agree the shale boom has helped reduce certain energy costs but how many times are you going to fall for the same trick? Oil & gasoline have been for decades and will continue to be unpredictable, volatile, and artificially manipulated to maximize profit. How old are you? Tell me when it wasn't.

You also conveniently ignore the demand relieved via the "clean energy boom" of recent years. That is our future. Not drill baby drill. Transitional at best.

OPEC has cut supply, and helped drive up prices. And domestic buyers have stockpiled inventories, waiting on better market pricing, like they're starting to get.

Completely ignoring what we've done to the environment and our health, I would agree the shale boom has helped reduce certain energy costs but how many times are you going to fall for the same trick? Oil & gasoline have been for decades and will continue to be unpredictable, volatile, and artificially manipulated to maximize profit. How old are you? Tell me when it wasn't.

You also conveniently ignore the demand relieved via the "clean energy boom" of recent years. That is our future. Not drill baby drill. Transitional at best.

Wow ..... ( share with us how Efficient your Home is - Or do you have the Bill Gates attitude )

Opec reacts to market - Covid brought Demand Down so they had to react

As bad as you think the Environment is - there are others that think it's Thriving ! - Go Pound Snow !

Don't say or act Stupid - in 9 months we have seen .99 Cent gas and Now $2.89 .....
Did you Lose $$$$ trying to predict the Oil Market ?

"Clean Energy Boom" - We are better off making product that run More Efficiently

Welcome to the wind turbine graveyard. It stretches a hundred metres from a bend in the North Platte River in Casper, Wyoming.

_110770067_globalfiberglasssolutionspic-morewindturbinesabouttoberecycled.jpg

Welcome to the wind turbine graveyard. It stretches a hundred metres from a bend in the North Platte River in Casper, Wyoming.

View attachment 14699

I assume the wind turbines that just froze up and left millions in the cold and dark will be headed to the graveyard shortly. Meanwhile all the enviro-whackos are clamoring for legitimate sources of energy for their survival.

To think some of these people actually get elected at the local, state, and national level is an embarrassment.

I’m sure when it is all said and done, Biden’s record on energy prices will be in alignment with the other democratic presidents. Generally speaking, they are better than republicans and consistent with many other economic numbers.

Here are the full-term changes in gasoline prices since the early 1990s: George H.W. Bush (up 26% to $1.09 in 1992), Clinton (up 10% to $1.20 in 1996 and up 24% to $1.48 in 2000), George W. Bush (up 25% to $1.85 in 2004 and up 75% to $3.25 in 2008), Obama (up 11% to $3.62 in 2012 and down 41% to $2.14 in 2016), and Trump (up 1% to $2.17 in 2020).

I’m sure when it is all said and done, Biden’s record on energy prices will be in alignment with the other democratic presidents. Generally speaking, they are better than republicans and consistent with many other economic numbers.

Here are the full-term changes in gasoline prices since the early 1990s: George H.W. Bush (up 26% to $1.09 in 1992), Clinton (up 10% to $1.20 in 1996 and up 24% to $1.48 in 2000), George W. Bush (up 25% to $1.85 in 2004 and up 75% to $3.25 in 2008), Obama (up 11% to $3.62 in 2012 and down 41% to $2.14 in 2016), and Trump (up 1% to $2.17 in 2020).

Appears that Trump wins

Obama dropped it in his 2nd term only because he raised it a bunch in his first term
It went up 11% in his first term during the Great Recession and then he cratered it by 42% so no, a net 31% from Bush is the clear winner. Funny how math works, huh?

Obama averaged 2.88 while Trump averaged 2.17 not even close
LOL. You do realize that gas was about $2.75 per gallon when he took office and when he left it was about $2.20. The fact remains that gas prices decline more under Dems than republicans.

Wow, look at those fall and winter 2017, almost all of 2018 and 2019 gas prices...Trump was terrible and those prices were all his fault!!!! You guys really should've been up in arms about those $2.80+ prices back then. It's almost like these things fluctuate all the time...
(Download the Excel sheet to get a good overview)

Wow, look at those fall and winter 2017, almost all of 2018 and 2019 gas prices...Trump was terrible and those prices were all his fault!!!! You guys really should've been up in arms about those $2.80+ prices back then. It's almost like these things fluctuate all the time...
(Download the Excel sheet to get a good overview)

True, but when Biden took office and started signing all kinds of sheet, they went up IMMEDIATELY.

I know the president has very little to do with gas prices but we have gone up 80 cents in a few months. Biden will get the blame like Bush.

True, but when Biden took office and started signing all kinds of sheet, they went up IMMEDIATELY.
And, at some point, they'll fall again. Big reason they fell under $2 last year was that there was significantly less travel. I doubt we see that kind of dip again, regardless of party, unless there's another pandemic or something else that keeps people from traveling as much.

I assume the wind turbines that just froze up and left millions in the cold and dark will be headed to the graveyard shortly. Meanwhile all the enviro-whackos are clamoring for legitimate sources of energy for their survival.

To think some of these people actually get elected at the local, state, and national level is an embarrassment.
What about the coal and natural gas plants that failed as well, what happens to them? 10% of the electrical production crushed the system? Texas...Republicans... nothing else needs said.

And, at some point, they'll fall again. Big reason they fell under $2 last year was that there was significantly less travel. I doubt we see that kind of dip again, regardless of party, unless there's another pandemic or something else that keeps people from traveling as much.
Take a look at US EIA (Energy Information Administration) and their listing of weekly gas prices. You could be correct that it was the shutdown that took us from where we are now to below the $2 mark, but more accurately it is supply greater than demand.

Now what has happened since Biden took over? Are we suddenly all back to travelling and burning up the roads eating into fuel reserves? No. We have shut down many supply side sources and the price of fuel is responding to the new equilibrium.

I'm caught in the middle of both sides on this issue. I believe strongly in the protection and limited use of fossil fuels to preserve them for generations to come, but I also am a realist and do not like nations who are willing to pump and supply oil to get rich off of our not pumping. The fuel is still being burnt because we are addicted to energy for our daily lives.

My dad grew up in rural Virginia in the 1930-45 era. No electricity, no plumbing, no combustion engines. Furthest he traveled in first 14 years of life was 5 miles into town. If we all lived like that gas would be $.10 /gallon.

What about the coal and natural gas plants that failed as well, what happens to them? 10% of the electrical production crushed the system? Texas...Republicans... nothing else needs said.
Sad , the information is out there. Go seek and you shall find. Don't be part of the flock

Take a look at US EIA (Energy Information Administration) and their listing of weekly gas prices. You could be correct that it was the shutdown that took us from where we are now to below the $2 mark, but more accurately it is supply greater than demand.

Now what has happened since Biden took over? Are we suddenly all back to travelling and burning up the roads eating into fuel reserves? No. We have shut down many supply side sources and the price of fuel is responding to the new equilibrium.

I'm caught in the middle of both sides on this issue. I believe strongly in the protection and limited use of fossil fuels to preserve them for generations to come, but I also am a realist and do not like nations who are willing to pump and supply oil to get rich off of our not pumping. The fuel is still being burnt because we are addicted to energy for our daily lives.

My dad grew up in rural Virginia in the 1930-45 era. No electricity, no plumbing, no combustion engines. Furthest he traveled in first 14 years of life was 5 miles into town. If we all lived like that gas would be $.10 /gallon.
Competition and choice will decide imo. 24k for a Honda civic or 80k for the comp Tesla.