GAS PRices Falling

Broke whose arm?

Just cleared my palate with a bowl of Zunardo’s famous chili while watching the Bills and Lions.

After the election prices start falling lol.Republicans tried to fix the election and failed.With a awful climate.joe biden with one of best mid terms ever.That a president for you.
Yep, FJB has done a wonderful job of not only slowing down our economy but the entire world's economy. He's the greatest POTUS of all time!

How was trump mid term againist biden.?not even close.People don't like trump.on Thanksgiving posted angey messages.He not a nice person.

That'll drive gas prices even lower! Thanks for doing your part!
An inane response to my inane post on an inane thread by an inane poster? I like that. In the same spirit and very creative! You used the wrong case, though. Mr. Grammar Man believes it should be "GAS PRices". :geek:

BUT - your supposition has a flaw. :unsure:

In the same vein, and by a strange coincidence, the Today Show this morning did a feature showing what goes into filming a Hallmark Christmas movie (starring Lacey Chabert, of course), on location in some swanky neighborhood. Got a chuckle watching the actors trying to wipe the sweat from their brows while pretending to shiver, lol. They were filming in July - 91 degrees! Lots of portable AC units and fans involved, plus some monster artificial snow (foam) machines to spray on the lawns, roofs, and 30-foot spruce trees.

Positive - it's Christmas with Lacey Chabert

Delta - just think of all of the fossil fuels that must have been used to transport all of the cast, crew, and equipment to create the magic . Multiply that by the plethora of new Christmas and other flicks Hallmark, Lifetime, and GAC crank out each year.

Hallmark for the unustainable win! 🎅

I have read several articles on gas prices and everyone one of them mentions demand, demand demand, as the a big driver of price. So we have supply which is the amount available and the the amount purchased and used and that is demand. It seems people are driving or should I say traveling less lowering demand so when demand goes below supply, prices go down. Keep those vehicles parked and use only use you have too.

An inane response to my inane post on an inane thread by an inane poster? I like that. In the same spirit and very creative! You used the wrong case, though. Mr. Grammar Man believes it should be "GAS PRices". :geek:

BUT - your supposition has a flaw. :unsure:

In the same vein, and by a strange coincidence, the Today Show this morning did a feature showing what goes into filming a Hallmark Christmas movie (starring Lacey Chabert, of course), on location in some swanky neighborhood. Got a chuckle watching the actors trying to wipe the sweat from their brows while pretending to shiver, lol. They were filming in July - 91 degrees! Lots of portable AC units and fans involved, plus some monster artificial snow (foam) machines to spray on the lawns, roofs, and 30-foot spruce trees.

Positive - it's Christmas with Lacey Chabert

Delta - just think of all of the fossil fuels that must have been used to transport all of the cast, crew, and equipment to create the magic . Multiply that by the plethora of new Christmas and other flicks Hallmark, Lifetime, and GAC crank out each year.

Hallmark for the unustainable win! 🎅
Think of the millions of shoppers who stayed home to watch those Holiday specials! They're not driving around from store to store in their gas guzzling SUV's buying crap that has been transported by bid diesel trucks.

Hallmark is saving the world one after school special at a time.

I have read several articles on gas prices and everyone one of them mentions demand, demand demand, as the a big driver of price. So we have supply which is the amount available and the the amount purchased and used and that is demand. It seems people are driving or should I say traveling less lowering demand so when demand goes below supply, prices go down. Keep those vehicles parked and use only use you have too.
If we stop eating the price of food will come down too.

Seriously though, China is slowing way down which is killing global demand for oil which helps our prices at the pump.

The key is the US keeping its supply up. We should be subsidizing oil and gas in order to drive to global price so low that OPEC+ becomes irrelevant.
We already do. If you wanna do a whole lot more subsidizing, you might as well just take over the entire industry like they do. Private needs to be private and public should be public. The government does not need to make rich people even richer.

Biden should be shouting form the roof tops "drill baby drill" and then make sure the prime real estate is made available. Then in his next breath we should hear "refine baby refine" but what do I hear? Biden saying "shut it down."

Reactions: y2h
But I thought it was Trump made the price go down … and Biden’s fault that it went up????

This would mean when demand went down (like during the lockdowns) price would go down … and when the demand went up (like when the lockdowns were over) price would go up … that can’t be it .. can it???

Gas prices drop every winter compared to the summer because the winter blend is easier and cheaper to refine than the summer blend. Note that even the one sentence teaser for the article says it's still more expensive than this time last year.

Brandon, Biden or what ever you call him is like all Presidents before him and in truth do not control prices of energy. His only influence was saying how he wants to shut them down and that make them think twice about spending money to drill and increase refining capacity and up goes the price and " they're still more expensive than last year" and way more expensive then when Trump was President. I really do not have the number but how many reg and rules has Biden added or put back into effect that were not there when Trump was in office? Rules and regs cause price increases you know.

Brandon, Biden or what ever you call him is like all Presidents before him and in truth do not control prices of energy. His only influence was saying how he wants to shut them down and that make them think twice about spending money to drill and increase refining capacity and up goes the price and " they're still more expensive than last year" and way more expensive then when Trump was President. I really do not have the number but how many reg and rules has Biden added or put back into effect that were not there when Trump was in office? Rules and regs cause price increases you know.
Also alternative energy policies reduce the need for oil. Production up. We have a whole thread blaming Biden for global inflation and energy costs...now that it is going down as predicted you conveniently point out the president does not have that much influence. Convenient.

Also alternative energy policies reduce the need for oil. Production up. We have a whole thread blaming Biden for global inflation and energy costs...now that it is going down as predicted you conveniently point out the president does not have that much influence. Convenient.
His influence is tell them he is going shut them down. Tell if a Republican was in office what would the message be?

After the election prices start falling lol.Republicans tried to fix the election and failed.With a awful climate.joe biden with one of best mid terms ever.That a president for you.

Was $2 went to $5 back to $3.50
So if I steal 3 dollars from you then give $1.50 back you would praise my hard work and generosity?

You can get gas for free if you already paid for it. We paid $12 barrel thanks to Trump's genius...draining the strategic oil reserves is free gas...yeah free for me???

By the way the Republicans won the popular vote by 4,000,000 go MAGA!

But I thought it was Trump made the price go down … and Biden’s fault that it went up????

This would mean when demand went down (like during the lockdowns) price would go down … and when the demand went up (like when the lockdowns were over) price would go up … that can’t be it .. can it???
It would mean when you say kill the industry that industry is going to get what they can while they can and also not invest in exploration and production.

It would mean when you say kill the industry that industry is going to get what they can while they can and also not invest in exploration and production.
Investment under Biden increased 83% over Trump. Obama had the highest investment in History. You are a liar.

The oil an gas industry in the United States recorded a total capital expenditure of around 144.1 billion U.S. dollars in 2021. This represents an increase of over 83 million U.S. dollars from the previous year. In the period of consideration, figures oscillated, peaking in 2014 at nearly 200 billion U.S. dollars.

Lol

When prices were going down under Trump it was a direct result of policy that encouraged increased production particularly in the shale sector.

It went up under Biden because production went down. Not necessarily in the US but by OPEC+. The Saudi’s led the cuts as a direct message to Biden and the Dems for their criticism of SA.

So yeah, Presidents do effect prices at the pump.