Games Cancelled Maybe

The OHSAA memo about the game time change had some strange wording in regards to Franklin County's advisory about staying home after 6:00 PM. The memo said
"At this time, that advisory does not affect the status of the football state championship games."

Surely, there's not still a question about these games being able to be played.
Franklin County issued a stay-at-home advisory today. It would be tone deaf not to alter the logistics of those games in some way.

Let’s see
Michigan cancels theirs, Democrat idiot Governor
Wisconsin cancels theirs, Democrat idiot Governor
Enough said!
Dewine won’t!

Let’s see
Michigan cancels theirs, Democrat idiot Governor
Wisconsin cancels theirs, Democrat idiot Governor
Enough said!
Dewine won’t!
If this was march and april Dewine I say no chance being played. Honestly I think Husted had a lot of influence on football being played because he was a former UD football player

Franklin County issued a stay-at-home advisory today. It would be tone deaf not to alter the logistics of those games in some way.
I have an idea. Let OHSAA issue a stay-at-home "advisory" about not attending the games, while allowing the fans to make their own decision. That is in perfect alignment with Franklin County's advisory, which still allows residents to make their own decision about going places.

Everybody's happy - everybody wins!

Why don't we just both find a field here in between Stark and Summit County and play the friggin game at High Noon on Saturday. Screw Mike the Rhino and Franklin County. This way it will save on transportation costs as well as making sure everyone gets home before the 10 pm curfew ( Unless of course you are hungry and therefore can venture out to Wendy's ! )

The Franklin County thing is an "advisory", I think, as opposed to an "order". If it was an "order", then there would be a significant issue as the state title games would not qualify as work, school, or essential shopping. At least that's my understanding if it mirrors the thing out of Cuyahoga this afternoon.

Put it to you this way, if he cancels the state games. His approval rating in Mercer and Auglaize county will be 0%.

yea but those areas are the most alt right, German catholic, trump voting areas in the state.....also not surprisingly.....the highest relative COVID cases in the state. Hopefully the dinky joint township and Mercer hospitals can keep up.

With Dictator DeWine threatening, reportedly, to stop the DVII finals in a public address announcement in the third, does that halt the rest of the games or will he deploy all of his goon squad?

With Dictator DeWine threatening, reportedly, to stop the DVII finals in a public address announcement in the third, does that halt the rest of the games or will he deploy all of his goon squad?
Maybe he'll have his squad counting heads after those 3,000 'volunteer' ticket-checkers are done and take their seats. :)

Last edited: