Games Cancelled Maybe

Back to the topic:

Curfew for 21 days- 10:00pm to 5:00am...Football is on !!!!

Anyway to get this Thread locked up?

Don't count your proverbial chickens. From the end of Oct Ipsos poll:

Governor DeWine earns high marks for his handling of the pandemic, and his approval rating on COVID-19 tracks closely with his overall approval. At the same time, a majority oppose the movement to impeach the governor.
  • Overall, 67% approve of the job DeWine is doing as governor, and 65% approve of DeWine’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. A similar number, 61%, are not in favor of impeaching him.
  • More Republicans support the movement to impeach him (31% vs. 18% among Democrats), but majorities from both parties approve of his handling of the pandemic (71% among Democrats, 67% among Republicans).
POLLS........ LOL!!!

I'm glad DeWine did not shut businesses down. That would have made things really difficult for restaurants, bars, etc.

POLLS........ LOL!!!

Yes, independent arbiters of public opinion.........sure. Pollsters are more like paid operatives to shape opinion. Big Mike's actions vs March will tell you way more than any poll. He's throttling everything back vs March because his handlers know a growing number of Ohioans are tired of the crap job he's done. Today, he's in big trouble politically. He's banking on people forgetting, 2022 is a long time away. Maybe enough time to save him.

Well having shut down bars at 10:00, is putting them in very bad situations
Imagine this makes last call at 9.
I know the local places would not serve after 10 and had to have everyone gone by 11.

Juuuust in time for the biggest bar day of the year next Wednesday.....of course.

Imagine this makes last call at 9.
I know the local places would not serve after 10 and had to have everyone gone by 11.

Juuuust in time for the biggest bar day of the year next Wednesday.....of course.
You knew it was coming. But by closing at 10:00, he just opened it up for more packed crowds, between 5:00 to 10:00, at both bars and restaurants. The curfew of 10:00, is flat out stupid. The virus is mostly spread during the day, and evening hours. Government control all the way

You knew it was coming. But by closing at 10:00, he just opened it up for more packed crowds, between 5:00 to 10:00, at both bars and restaurants. The curfew of 10:00, is flat out stupid. The virus is mostly spread during the day, and evening hours. Government control all the way
If it saves just one life...

Ohio is obviously pretty red at this point, so maybe it doesn't matter who the GOP nominates, but DeWine would win reelection in the general in a landslide. The Democrats wouldn't even bother to put up anybody decent.

Plug your nose and swallow. A huge portion of those are Trump votes not red votes. He's not getting those back. Trump got him elected in 2018, so I'm guessing he has no problem contributing to his take down in '22. Granted 2 years is a long time in politics and many people will forget but many won't. DeWine's current actions tell you everything, he's in political trouble today. BTW I wish he would have taken his current actions in March vs 1st in the nation to shutter everything. Then the nationwide roadshow on any cable news network that would have him and Sidecar Amy to sell it. There's a good chance he'll need the Dominion Voting System in '22 to save him.

I really don't know why anyone would listen to these political and medical operatives at this point. But I will remain compliant, seems like everyone is, at least in the places I go. Everyone has a damn mask on, with seemingly no effect on infections they keep going up. Has The Fauc or Big Mike gotten anything right at this point? I guess when mortality is flat essentially in absolute numbers and demographics your only lever left is infection count. Ok enough of that, remember to be in isolation for Thanksgiving.

Just came out that starting Friday that Columbus sent out an advisory that everyone should stay home for the next three weeks.....

Will this effect the games.......

Just came out that starting Friday that Columbus sent out an advisory that everyone should stay home for the next three weeks.....

Will this effect the games.......
Don't think the field is actually within the city of Columbus. I believe it is in one of the suburbs.

The whole state is on a 10 o'clock " curfew." The report was that it was made to discourage large gatherings. They will not be pulling people over for returning home.

Obetz is in Franklin County. The county health board is making this "advisory". So it should extend to Obetz.
Dayton Public Schools just extended their winter break from 11/20/20 to 1/4/21. They will resume hybrid after that...
Dominoes are falling, just like spring.

wha t if there is 4 overtimes.......LOL..
Not sure that I'd call Fortress Obetz a "retail establishment" as such. The "retail" part of it would be ended when they stop selling tickets for admission. I'll say the 10 PM rule wouldn't apply for the actual playing of the game, so overtime should be safe.

Now, if they have concessions stands or food trucks for the event, those would have to shut down by 10. But I'm sure they probably would anyway, regardless of the OT situation, just to get out of there. Same for the sale of souvenir T-shirts.

Last edited:
Rumor has it they are producing 12 State Champion Trophies.

Congrats to this years 13 State Champions.....

You get a title, you get a title, everyone gets a title.....

Rumor has it they are producing 12 State Champion Trophies.

Congrats to this years 13 State Champions.....

You get a title, you get a title, everyone gets a title.....
The OHSAA memo about the game time change had some strange wording in regards to Franklin County's advisory about staying home after 6:00 PM. The memo said
"At this time, that advisory does not affect the status of the football state championship games."

Surely, there's not still a question about these games being able to be played.

The OHSAA memo about the game time change had some strange wording in regards to Franklin County's advisory about staying home after 6:00 PM. The memo said
"At this time, that advisory does not affect the status of the football state championship games."

Surely, there's not still a question about these games being able to be played.
...at this time.......

Ohio State just announced no fans at all, not even parents....

OHSAA games going to go that route.....?