Games Cancelled Maybe

Well did it to us basketball fans last march, so you football guys well know how it feels ,to get so close to the final 4 and not get to finish it, were going to get screw again this season again
That had to more than totally suck for all of your kids and fans as that was not right on how DeWine the Turtleman did you guys.

I would say anything is possible. We were an hour away from leaving for the state wrestling tournament when we got the news of the cancellation or should I say “postponement“... WAFJ...

Undefeated Napoleon girls basketball team was on the floor of St John Arena getting ready to play for a state title.

It is certainly possible

IIRC, Napoleon was on deck. West Branch and Dayton Carroll were on the floor when it got postponed.

I know some schools in boys basketball that were one win away from State Final Four, always wondering how they would have done in their regional final.

Unfortunately, I see winter sports getting postponed or starting but not finishing. I hope I'm wrong.

Football isn't going to get cancelled....Lock this thread up!

Mike DeWine says no shutdown, but he is planning a ‘slowdown’ for Ohio.

Gov. Mike DeWine said Monday morning that he opposes a second shutdown for Ohio but that he is working on plans for a slowdown in efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19.

“Instead of shutting down, we have to slow down,” he said. “We have to slow down in our individual lives and our decisions in what we are doing.”

DeWine made a series of appearances in neighboring states to reach out to citizens who live in border counties, visiting Huntington and Wheeling, West Virginia, and Fort Wayne, Indiana.

He said a formal announcement on any slowdown will come Tuesday at one of his regular briefings on the coronavirus pandemic.

“We’re looking for a way, and we’ll have an announcement tomorrow (Tuesday),” DeWine said. “We’re looking at a way to allow people to work, to keep kids in school, to protect our elderly in nursing homes. But to do that, we have to change what we do. We have to pull back some.”

DeWine did not get more specific about Tuesday’s announcement, but he did emphasize that he opposes a shutdown similar to what he ordered in March.

“We don’t want to shut this state down,” DeWine said. “That has ramifications for mental health, it has ramifications for more drug addiction, overdoses. I mean, all these things go up when you shut the state down. And we do not want to do that.”

He said the next three weeks will be critical as daily counts of new virus cases continue to surge upward, along with hospitalization rates.

“By slowing down, reduce the number of interactions you have with people outside of your own household,” DeWine said. “That really is the key. We can do most of the things we’ve always done. We just need to be careful. And we’re asking people for the next few weeks, this is the crucial time.”

They haven't cancelled them, they are postponed for 3 weeks. They still have 3 weeks of football remaining, they are only up to the Regional Finals.
Soro's lady..... might as well have just cancelled the season... so now a TEAM is suppose to shut it down for 3 weeks and then PLAY!!! IDIOT!!!

dewiney will NOT
Put it to you this way, if he cancels the state games. His approval rating in Mercer and Auglaize county will be 0%.
he will not get re elected,..... probably won't have the stones to run again..... he needs to retire and sit on his front porch swing with his wifes Cherry pie on his lap , enjoying every bite....

Gov. Mike DeWine said Monday morning that he opposes a second shutdown for Ohio but that he is working on plans for a slowdown in efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19.

“Instead of shutting down, we have to slow down,” he said. “We have to slow down in our individual lives and our decisions in what we are doing.”

DeWine made a series of appearances in neighboring states to reach out to citizens who live in border counties, visiting Huntington and Wheeling, West Virginia, and Fort Wayne, Indiana.

He said a formal announcement on any slowdown will come Tuesday at one of his regular briefings on the coronavirus pandemic.

“We’re looking for a way, and we’ll have an announcement tomorrow (Tuesday),” DeWine said. “We’re looking at a way to allow people to work, to keep kids in school, to protect our elderly in nursing homes. But to do that, we have to change what we do. We have to pull back some.”

DeWine did not get more specific about Tuesday’s announcement, but he did emphasize that he opposes a shutdown similar to what he ordered in March.

“We don’t want to shut this state down,” DeWine said. “That has ramifications for mental health, it has ramifications for more drug addiction, overdoses. I mean, all these things go up when you shut the state down. And we do not want to do that.”

He said the next three weeks will be critical as daily counts of new virus cases continue to surge upward, along with hospitalization rates.

“By slowing down, reduce the number of interactions you have with people outside of your own household,” DeWine said. “That really is the key. We can do most of the things we’ve always done. We just need to be careful. And we’re asking people for the next few weeks, this is the crucial time.”
sorry dude... this isn't a BIG TECH SITE...... or twitter, or facebook.....

Maybe IF they would let out the big secret as to how many building are ill equipped with the proper ventilation systems which would allow fresh air into buildings. That is the problem as there is no way each and every building in the US and the world can be retrofitted. Just look at Fla and the SW in the summertime. All cases went up. Why ? Because everyone was inside breathing the same dirty nasty air. Now, we are into the cold months and where is everyone now ?? Right again Chumlee, all inside breathing the same dirty air. Until there is a major retrofit ( which is impossible ) or a vaccine, we will continue to see cases go up and down in each region. Talk about lying to the public on what is enabling the spread !!!

Any school buildings built or remodeled using Ohio School Facilities money (most were built in the early 2000s) has outside air being pulled in and NOT recirculated in the buildings. So only the school buildings built before the 2000's and never remodeled would have recirculated air. Most if not all buildings in the county where I live (and surrounding counties) have buildings built with OSF money and due to that foresight the building has fresh air circulating through.

Here we go again. DeWine on another cable news roadshow.......CNN, Fox, MSNBC. What is it with this guy. Heard him on Cavuto's show say Ohioans are tired of the virus........................no Mike we're all tired of you. Go away, where ever Amy went please go with her, you can take Franny and her sewing machine.

IIRC, Napoleon was on deck. West Branch and Dayton Carroll were on the floor when it got postponed.

I know some schools in boys basketball that were one win away from State Final Four, always wondering how they would have done in their regional final.

Unfortunately, I see winter sports getting postponed or starting but not finishing. I hope I'm wrong.

Tri-Valley had 3 very good seniors and some solid juniors and sophomores to go along with the freshman who was the best player on the team. They were looking forward to playing Napoleon. It was just terrible for all those winter teams that did not get to finish the tournament.

I could see winter sports getting delayed until January and then being like football where the tournament starts early (say early February) and after teams are beat out they play league games and a few non-league local teams.

Why is he possibly unknowingly spreading the virus by leaving the state? Why did he venture into my beloved homeland of Indiana in my birth town that is 45 mins from my Hoosier hometown? It's also 45 or so minutes from my current Ohio residence as well. Just didn't get why he's trying to bring attention to Ohio residents on the Ft Wayne news when most get the Ohio version of the news on the Lima/Toledo stations and the Indiana stories from Ft Wayne.

dewiney will NOT

he will not get re elected,..... probably won't have the stones to run again..... he needs to retire and sit on his front porch swing with his wifes Cherry pie on his lap , enjoying every bite....
Voters are stupid when it comes to republicans and democrats, so one of the two will be screwing Ohio again.

So now the little weasel is playing semantics with words. I expected no less than this from him.

Placing restrictions on the businesses as well as spreading the fear he is spreading is in effect shutting down business. He knows that full well and that why he does what he does.

He's used weddings as is weekly anecdotal setting for the cause of deaths. If you "allow" weddings like he claims he is, but do not allow people to "congregate" or dance, you are shutting down that business. Nobody is going to spend $$$ for a reception to just have the guests sit down and have dinner.

To sit there and say, "we (he will put it on the Health Commissioner) aren't closing down, we are shutting down" is what a coward says in situations like this.

There are only 12 Ohio high school football teams still playing - almost zero chance DeWine interrupts this coming weekend's state finals schedule.

I believe hs winter sports will be played. We might see a postponement - maybe even to Jan 1 - to the start of the season, a reduced number of regular season games/matches, and severe restrictions on attendance, but I think they'll be played.

Fortunately, the covid mortality rate continues to decrease. I'm not claiming we're out of the woods and there's no cause for concern, but a noticeably smaller percentage of infected people are facing serious issues/death than in the virus's early months in the U.S.
It's a volume business now.

From cleveland.com. Some type of announcement today:

It’s not known exactly what DeWine will announce. The Columbus Dispatch reported Monday that he’s thinking about a business curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.

DeWine has not changed his timeline on his decision – which is expected Thursday – on whether to order the closure of bars, restaurants and gyms, said Dan Tierney, the governor’s spokesman.

“That being said, he did talk over the weekend with experts in multiple industries,” Tierney said. “He’s been looking at other options as well. ...We need to do something to relieve the pressure on our hospitals.”

Games will be played; don't worry. Nothing will be completely shut down, unless there is a huge overflow in the hospitals. But that won't happen for a while.............. hopefully never.

Business curfew 10:00 to 6:00am? What does that do? I never understood this 10:00 close stuff. That is just a bunch of government control BS.

Any school buildings built or remodeled using Ohio School Facilities money (most were built in the early 2000s) has outside air being pulled in and NOT recirculated in the buildings. So only the school buildings built before the 2000's and never remodeled would have recirculated air. Most if not all buildings in the county where I live (and surrounding counties) have buildings built with OSF money and due to that foresight the building has fresh air circulating through.
That is true for those buildings BUT how many are pre 2000's PLUS look at businesses which lack this air return system. Parts of my county's schools were built post 2000 BUT there are so many more that were not. Hence my statement.

From cleveland.com. Some type of announcement today:

It’s not known exactly what DeWine will announce. The Columbus Dispatch reported Monday that he’s thinking about a business curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.

DeWine has not changed his timeline on his decision – which is expected Thursday – on whether to order the closure of bars, restaurants and gyms, said Dan Tierney, the governor’s spokesman.

“That being said, he did talk over the weekend with experts in multiple industries,” Tierney said. “He’s been looking at other options as well. ...We need to do something to relieve the pressure on our hospitals.”

Games will be played; don't worry. Nothing will be completely shut down, unless there is a huge overflow in the hospitals. But that won't happen for a while.............. hopefully never.
He is backtracking now that his team has shown him the negativity that he has received and being a true politician, he will himhaw and kick the can around awhile longer so that he doesn't piss off his base. Politicians such as him need to go BUT who do we have that is better ? Renacci ? Hell no, Sherod Brown ? Hardly ! Tim Ryan ? Bahahaha ! We are totally screwed here in Ohio.

I hope not. I so want to see him take the political beating he deserves as his last public appearance!

Don't count your proverbial chickens. From the end of Oct Ipsos poll:

Governor DeWine earns high marks for his handling of the pandemic, and his approval rating on COVID-19 tracks closely with his overall approval. At the same time, a majority oppose the movement to impeach the governor.
  • Overall, 67% approve of the job DeWine is doing as governor, and 65% approve of DeWine’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. A similar number, 61%, are not in favor of impeaching him.
  • More Republicans support the movement to impeach him (31% vs. 18% among Democrats), but majorities from both parties approve of his handling of the pandemic (71% among Democrats, 67% among Republicans).

Governor DeWine earns high marks for his handling of the pandemic, and his approval rating on COVID-19 tracks closely with his overall approval. At the same time, a majority oppose the movement to impeach the governor.
  • Overall, 67% approve of the job DeWine is doing as governor, and 65% approve of DeWine’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. A similar number, 61%, are not in favor of impeaching him.
  • More Republicans support the movement to impeach him (31% vs. 18% among Democrats), but majorities from both parties approve of his handling of the pandemic (71% among Democrats, 67% among Republicans).
Ohio is obviously pretty red at this point, so maybe it doesn't matter who the GOP nominates, but DeWine would win reelection in the general in a landslide. The Democrats wouldn't even bother to put up anybody decent.

Might be so, however I spoke to a Republican state representative this morning that is always has reliable internal polling numbers and he said no way DeWine survives a primary. Lowest support is from west central Ohio and north west Ohio, urban areas like him. Just the report I got. Look up darby refuge and his senate record plenty to use if the party would like to turn on him. Just what I know mixed with my opinion. Your polls may be correct and others will probably call me a hater but I don't care. not here to change any minds, just to spout off and be a smart a** ;)