Gameday Thread

Wow, that guy from the Allstate commercial is lose in the Pac 12 championship game - Utah is down 17 - 0 midway through the 2nd quarter.

Why the hell wasn't that a penalty on Utah? The Oregon QB is down and the Utah guy throws a forearm at his head on the ground? I for the life of me don't know what roughing is any more.

The PAC 12 is eliminated. Down to Georgia and Oklahoma. Can Baylor get in with a big win if Georgia loses?

This game showed how important the two toughest positions to recruit in NCAA football separate contenders from pretenders. The Oregon OL lived up to the hype and completely dominated the LOS, the most important sequences of the game was Utah's inability to convert on 4th and short on their 1st drive then Oregon turning around and basically ramming the ball down the Utah defense's throat. Utah's QB was also not very good, he ended the game with a QB rating of 18 and didn't make many plays. Herbert wasn't great but was a much better player and it showed.

Assuming a Georgia loss, I can't see anyone behind Baylor jump the winner of the OU/Baylor game. Next team up would be Wisconsin who would have to beat OSU. Probably a more impressive win than beating Baylor or OU, but no two loss team has made it in so far in the history of the Playoff.

Pretty entertaining OU/Baylor game. The winner is obviously a huge LSU fan. Not sure Wiscy can jump either, unless they absolutely drill OSU.

Joe Burrows picking apart the UGA defense. Look for the Tigers to run up the score as Oklahoma is a much more desirable opponent in the semis than Clemson. tOSU will try to do the same against Wiscy. You have to love a sport where style counts...

Pretty rough 24 hours to be an Elder and UC fan. With better quarterback play this team probably wins the last two games. Maybe someone can show teach Metz what snap counts are by the bowl game.

Wow, that guy from the Allstate commercial is lose in the Pac 12 championship game - Utah is down 17 - 0 midway through the 2nd quarter.

Mayhem took his first loss, ever, earlier this season - to Tina Fey!!

“I’m a 70# St Bernard puppy, and I have problems with impulse control....”

- - licks Tina Fey’s face- -

“Stop that ! I saw you eating poop earlier!!”

No crash. Mayhem defeated. Love that one.

LSU curb stomps Georgia. The score was closer then the game actually was. Hard for me to see how they don't come out of this as the #1 seed.

But then again it's the committee of morons picking so who knows. All I can say is that a drunk monkey could have picked OSU, LSU & Clemson in the top 3 so the committee gets NO credit for this. But at #4 & #5 the committee blew it big time as both Georgia & Utah were blown out.

Let's get a REAL playoff system NCAA and relegate the committee to deciding who gets home field in round one. Those folks shouldn't be given the power to decide anything else.

LSU curb stomps Georgia. The score was closer then the game actually was. Hard for me to see how they don't come out of this as the #1 seed.

But then again it's the committee of morons picking so who knows. All I can say is that a drunk monkey could have picked OSU, LSU & Clemson in the top 3 so the committee gets NO credit for this. But at #4 & #5 the committee blew it big time as both Georgia & Utah were blown out.

Let's get a REAL playoff system NCAA and relegate the committee to deciding who gets home field in round one. Those folks shouldn't be given the power to decide anything else.
I understand that it can get confusing.... It’s important to remember that Georgia was over-ranked a bit in the first place, and that they had to play today with only about 2.5 quarters of 12 from their top 3 receivers. LSU was able to fully commit to stopping the run, and Fromm Fromm’ed.

This thing is working fine. They just need a 6 team format

I understand that it can get confusing.... It’s important to remember that Georgia was over-ranked a bit in the first place, and that they had to play today with only about 2.25 quarters of 12 from their top 3 receivers.

This thing is working fine. They just need a 6 team format

Nope anything less then 8 teams is a waste of time IMO. 16 would be best with the top 8 seeds getting a first round home game and the top 4 seeds getting the first two games at home (assuming they win their first playoff game).

Nope anything less then 8 teams is a waste of time IMO. 16 would be best with the top 8 seeds getting a first round home game and the top 4 seeds getting the first two games at home (assuming they win their first playoff game).
I think that is colossally stupid.

The regular season would be meaningless. NBA.

No way

I think that is colossally stupid.

The regular season would be meaningless. NBA.

No way

You mean like the NFL season?

You could have ALL the FBS conference winners get automatic bids making getting to and winning your conference championship game the most direct ticket to the playoffs.

Playing for home field advantage would also be critical. Do you think there are a lot of SEC or ACC teams that want to travel north of the Mason-Dixon in December/January?

I get that 16 might be to much but 8 (5 power 5 conference champs plus 3 wild cards) would be perfect. And since finishing in the top 4 would get you a first round home game, even the committee of morons would have something of value to do.

You mean like the NFL season?

You could have ALL the FBS conference winners get automatic bids making getting to and winning your conference championship game the most direct ticket to the playoffs.

Playing for home field advantage would also be critical. Do you think there are a lot of SEC or ACC teams that want to travel north of the Mason-Dixon in December/January?

I get that 16 might be to much but 8 (5 power 5 conference champs plus 3 wild cards) would be perfect. And since finishing in the top 4 would get you a first round home game, even the committee of morons would have something of value to do.
Disagree.

‘Bama is finally looking for solid OoC scheduling to improve ranking. They may even be forced to quit the late cupcakes.

1 v. 8 and 2 v. 7 would be a joke.

6 teams, byes for 1 & 2

I meant like the NBA. Sapping the energy out of the regular season

More teams aren't really needed. A better more transparent selection process is needed. Specifically each conference needs to be required to play the same number of conference games. Playing 1 less conference game, guarantees the SEC and ACC will be able to stay higher in the rankings, as they are guaranteed fewer losses. Also they need a rule that disallows playing FCS schools. Even better they need to require playing a power 5 OOC game.