Gameday Thread

Makes me wonder why can the D engage the kicking team before the ten yards? The Okie player was essentially blocked into the ball.
Agreed. Looked like a block in the back that pushed the guy into the ball. Not sure what the call would have been in that situation. Probably two fouls for blocking in the back and illegal touching.

Oklahoma losing could be a bummer. Leaves a clear path for two SEC teams to make the Natty again. I don't want to see that again.
Interestingly, the SEC was cheering for that outcome while every other conference was fearing it. Penn State and Ohio State should have been cheering for it because it should open a path for the loser of that game but there is no way that they will allow two Big Ten teams into the playoffs.

Interestingly, the SEC was cheering for that outcome while every other conference was fearing it. Penn State and Ohio State should have been cheering for it because it should open a path for the loser of that game but there is no way that they will allow two Big Ten teams into the playoffs.

I don't know about that, if Clemson loses, could see 2 Big Ten and 2 SEC teams in the playoffs

.......................................... Makes me wonder why can the D engage the kicking team before the ten yards? .............................

Seriously? think about it.
I would onside kick every time if the receiving team couldn't block before the ball goes 10 yards, dribble dribble

Oklahoma losing could be a bummer. Leaves a clear path for two SEC teams to make the Natty again. I don't want to see that again.
I’m not so sure, if they win out, they probably get in. Just like UGA, they have zero room for error.

I feel like this is the deepest field since the playoff started. There’s going to be some good football teams left out of the top 4.

I think you're right. Now I'm wondering just how good Minn and Penn St are? I doubt Minn is play-off caliber but they might be New Year's day ready.

I would onside kick every time if the receiving team couldn't block before the ball goes 10 yards, dribble dribble
Offense still can't touch the ball. If it dribbles short, they lose. Dribbles are easy to fall on with your knee on the ground for the receiving team.

Yappi makes a good point about the block in the back also. I hadn't even considered it, even though I noticed it. I wouldn't want to be a ref.

Big league games mostly one-side. The American playing some of the best contests. SMU's win over TCU looking better and better thanks to TCU's win over Texas but it also gives them a clear edge to hold the championship game right? Need them to lose a game and Cinci to hold on. Winner of that should easily get the New Year's game.

The Georgia v. Florida SEC East elimination game is the only one of note this week in the Power 5, SMU @ Memphis is a game for the UC fans to keep an eye on though. With conferences back loading the schedules things do start to get interesting though the weekend of 11/9 as LSU @ 'Bama will be the next "Game of the Century" and Penn State @ Minnesota will be the Gophers biggest game since what seems like forever.

AAAAHHHHH!! I accidently clicked the soccer menu on ESPN. They put it right next to NCAAF. Who DOES that? Got to go flush out my eyes.

AAAAHHHHH!! I accidently clicked the soccer menu on ESPN. They put it right next to NCAAF. Who DOES that? Got to go flush out my eyes.
Did you instinctively drop to the ground and roll around as though were gut-shot, as futbol players are wont to do?

The new AP poll is out. Florida remained in the top 10. Any reason for it? They looked putrid against a Georgia team that hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire this year. It will be interesting to see the playoff committee rankings on Tue.

Now Minny is obligated to close out with wins at Iowa, at Northwestern and over Wisky to set up a titanic B1G unbeaten championship game with OSU.

as soon as they showed Trump on TV, Tua fumbles on third and goal, LSU recovers, and Burrow takes them down the field for a TD.

Geaux, Orange Man!!!