Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

The lack of action hasn't really bothered me. They've done great IMO with having little to no wasted dialogue. It helps that the entire nature of the show (constant backstabbing and scheming) lends itself to compelling conversations to be had in every scene.

Vaemond had to have some followers. Potential battles there, sea and air particularly if his change sides to the Three whatevers.

High Tower and Targarian is the long story, I don't think any battles there. They'll probably play the proxy war game.
I am not familiar with the books but Corlys is not dead yet, correct? Wonder what he will be thinking when he hears brother was slide at the head by his old son in law.

I am not familiar with the books but Corlys is not dead yet, correct? Wonder what he will be thinking when he hears brother was slide at the head by his old son in law.
I'm taking the comic-book approach. No body, no dead. I don't know anything about the books. Too many words for my tastes. Corlys did want succession going to the black haired kid, name more important than blood. Royals being royals, reasonable to presume he'd just consider his brother got a fool's death, even though the assigned penalty was loss of tongue.

I'm taking the comic-book approach. No body, no dead. I don't know anything about the books. Too many words for my tastes. Corlys did want succession going to the black haired kid, name more important than blood. Royals being royals, reasonable to presume he'd just consider his brother got a fool's death, even though the assigned penalty was loss of tongue.

I'd think that's the smart approach with all story telling at this point.

Anyone else think he looks just like Daemon but with an eye patch?

ea37ed8d36b8124241195c9c782ade8b5fa43561.png
That had to be intentional, right?

Best episode yet. The story is laid out and the characters all seem to have been suitably cast.

Episode 8 featured numerous riveting scenes including the already mentioned one where Damon helps the King ascend to the Iron Throne. Extremely powerful moment on par with the best stuff from GOT.

What is really great about HOTD is how it has become so very different then Rings of Power. Where ROP is spectacular and features an epic story line and stunning visual sequences HOTD is tightly wound and claustrophobic in it's story telling. ROP is a worthy successor to the LOTR movies while HOTD is a medieval version of the Sopranos.

In this way the two shows compliment one another very well.

PS - the lighting in some scenes still sucked big time. They need a 100 watt wall torch bad.

The foot thing was weird. Larys killed his brother and father just for a connection to power but won’t give up info on randos in the Red Keep unless he gets his rocks off with a foot fetish?! Which writer has a foot fetish, you just know it was put in because one of them has a foot fetish.

The emphasis on his club/bum foot at the start of the scene was hilarious though.

The foot thing was weird. Larys killed his brother and father just for a connection to power but won’t give up info on randos in the Red Keep unless he gets his rocks off with a foot fetish?! Which writer has a foot fetish, you just know it was put in because one of them has a foot fetish.

The emphasis on his club/bum foot at the start of the scene was hilarious though.
Probably had Quentin Tarantino help write the scene:

quentinfeet_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.PNG

Interesting episode, not sure I can get by some plot holes though. I assume next week is the other side of the story but that all could have been made moot if a big name just pulled the trigger and will have saved countless lives. By the way Olivia Cook does a great job of acting in this episode and is a believable Queen Alicent.

Looks like we finally get some big action next week and the SFX budget should be used up.

Interesting episode, not sure I can get by some plot holes though. I assume next week is the other side of the story but that all could have been made moot if a big name just pulled the trigger and will have saved countless lives. By the way Olivia Cook does a great job of acting in this episode and is a believable Queen Alicent.

Looks like we finally get some big action next week and the SFX budget should be used up.
Plot holes and wonky writing not necessarily being the same? Which plot holes you did you find?

Plot holes and wonky writing not necessarily being the same? Which plot holes you did you find?
Well the big one is how the ending played out. Didn't someone say the dragon pit was where the princess was expected to go so it was heavily guarded and they would be looking for her there? So she just slipped away when convenient to grab her dragon undetected plus had a set of custom black armor laying around the pit too for her to strap on for the big entrance? Finally all the bad guys are right there and could be offed with one Dracaras command and she allows them all to live so she can go back to Dragonstone and take years and waste many lives to do basically the same thing? Also plenty of others, especially how two different camps bumbled around the city looking for the future king without kicking up a huge mess and how the witch woman who seems all knowing takes the word of a serial liar as good enough to finally give up the future king.

Well the big one is how the ending played out. Didn't someone say the dragon pit was where the princess was expected to go so it was heavily guarded and they would be looking for her there? So she just slipped away when convenient to grab her dragon undetected plus had a set of custom black armor laying around the pit too for her to strap on for the big entrance?
I keep ALL my racing gear in a locker right next to my '76' Pinto Hatchback. IDK how many knights of the whatever are in KL but I think most of them were making a sword tunnel for new king. Goofy kid had already predicted beast under the floor-boards

Finally all the bad guys are right there and could be offed with one Dracaras command and she allows them all to live so she can go back to Dragonstone and take years and waste many lives to do basically the same thing? Also plenty of others, especially how two different camps bumbled around the city looking for the future king without kicking up a huge mess and how the witch woman who seems all knowing takes the word of a serial liar as good enough to finally give up the future king.

and they did show the Mom-to-Mom dynamac between Rynaries and Alicent. When Alicent stepped in front of numb child, it took fire out of Mom 1'S heart. Even before the episode, she had shown no desire to either world build or take sides. After her talk with Alicent about the old boy's club, it's possible she changed attitude this isn't going to be a two-way fight. After all, Driftstone I don't think was even mentioned in GOT, they may be big loser.

Besides which, she looks bad-arce in armor on the dragon and that's all the plot you need. :D

Plot holes fixed brought to you by Bondo.

Last edited:
Excellent episode that could stand proudly alongside the best of the original GOT series.

The first three quarters of this episode was a tight, well acted & scripted depiction of the transfer of power in a medieval society. The mechanations in the immediate aftermath of the kings death were brilliantly staged. Then the last quarter of the episode was a spectacular visual feast. Well done.

Solid finish to the season but the last 2 episodes felt like they ran through a lot of plot in a short amount of time, wish the slower ones earlier in the season were condensed so the final actions that put the dance into play were a little more well... played out. Thought the young boy did a great job of acting, when he showed up at Storms end in a Cessna and he saw a 747 parked next door the expression on his face was great. Also the way things played out in Baratheon's Great Hall was easily the best acted scene of the episode. But I am just not feeling Emma D'Arcy as Queen Rhaenyra, to me she seems too wooden and just not very believable. On to season two and I hope they add some ice to the story and old school Medieval Battles to counteract all the Dragon stuff.

Solid finish to the season but the last 2 episodes felt like they ran through a lot of plot in a short amount of time, wish the slower ones earlier in the season were condensed so the final actions that put the dance into play were a little more well... played out. Thought the young boy did a great job of acting, when he showed up at Storms end in a Cessna and he saw a 747 parked next door the expression on his face was great. Also the way things played out in Baratheon's Great Hall was easily the best acted scene of the episode. But I am just not feeling Emma D'Arcy as Queen Rhaenyra, to me she seems too wooden and just not very believable. On to season two and I hope they add some ice to the story and old school Medieval Battles to counteract all the Dragon stuff.

I was impressed with the kid who played Lucerys. He acted his butt off in that Great Hall scene.