Gabe Cupps Vs Moeller

College basketball without the shot clock predates my days, but I am well aware of grind it out strategies such as Dean Smith's four corners offense that were both disciplined and highly effective.

I would probably argue that over the last 4-5 years Moeller has had too much talent for the slowed down methodical pace that Kremer and the rest of the GCL South usually prefer to go at. Saturday was one of the rare occasions where it bit them. Slowing it down can both be smart and disciplined basketball, while at the same time limiting possessions can allow lesser talented teams to hang around with a few good breaks. More pace and possessions increases the odds of the more talented team prevailing.

Centerville is a very good team that certainly has talented players, but Moeller had more collective talent along with a huge advantage in the paint. Kremer got outmaneuvered by Cupps in this one.

Agreed. My point was simply their approach has worked really well.

Sophomore sensation Gabe Cupps faces his toughest challenge yet as the 21-3 Centerville Elks take on the 20-4 Basketball Powerhouse Moeller Crusaders. Experts are describing this to be the most anticipated high school basketball matchup in the last decade. Its not often that a scrawny 16 year old white kid will have basketball fans across the country buzzing. Will Cupps live up to the hype or be paralyzed under pressure? Cancel the plans, Put the Kids to bed early, tell your dates to themselves - tonight is the night. 7:30PM Princeton high school!
Nice player!!!!