Future of the SWBL

Stupid for leaving a conference that’s falling apart, Dixie is a D6 team in football they will be playing teams around the same size as them, Shawnee will have 7 games a year in Preble county with playing Eaton week 1 every year, Is VV even going to have a team in a few years
Having 7 games a year in Preble County is pretty awesome. Preble Shawnee is also on the smaller end of the D5 schools, and it's not a growing community. They could very well be D6 in the future.

I think it was stupid for them to leave the SWBL to go to a trash conference so you can get some wins only to be killed in the playoffs. Stay in the SWBL and get better
That's easy to say but when is the last time that either were competing for a league title? For these programs you have to start somewhere and playing in meaningful games late in the year with a chance to get into the playoffs is a start.

It was best for all schools, it seems like the other guy was a delusional VV fan. The conference is a great fit for VV, but not a great fit for Dixie/Shawnee. What he said got me thinking though. Has Preble Shawnee ever even made it to playoffs? If not, it would be cool if the new conference helped them to do that. I remember Dixie making it once about 8-10 years back and they got massacred by Covington in the first round.
it looks like Preble Shawnee has never gotten in to the playoffs, but coming up here with a mix of the right scheduling and a few talented classes, they could change that very soon

it looks like Preble Shawnee has never gotten in to the playoffs, but coming up here with a mix of the right scheduling and a few talented classes, they could change that very soon
I agree. That's kind of what I was getting at. I don't think it's a bad thing to say that all Preble Shawnee will do is "win some games only to get killed in the playoffs". They've never made the playoffs before, and outside a few years they are rarely above .500.

Having 7 games a year in Preble County is pretty awesome. Preble Shawnee is also on the smaller end of the D5 schools, and it's not a growing community. They could very well be D6 in the future.
Shawnee people enjoy basketball more than football always have, people will go watch on Friday nights but most of them can’t wait until basketball starts, it’s not uncommon for Shawnee to have more fans at a away on Tuesday night than the home team, so what I’m getting at is this the decision to leave the SWBL wasn’t made because of football if they get into the playoffs cool if not oh well the new league they are in will be just as good in basketball with a chance to start something new with teams around the same size I don’t understand what people from other SWBL teams don’t understand about it.

It was best for all schools, it seems like the other guy was a delusional VV fan. The conference is a great fit for VV, but not a great fit for Dixie/Shawnee. What he said got me thinking though. Has Preble Shawnee ever even made it to playoffs? If not, it would be cool if the new conference helped them to do that. I remember Dixie making it once about 8-10 years back and they got massacred by Covington in the first round.
I thought Dixie had some players suspended for that playoff game?

I thought Dixie had some players suspended for that playoff game?
I don't think so. I remember the game well. Dixie was led by RB Ryan Jordan who ended up on the football team at Louisville. He was the best player I remember at Dixie over the past 20 years. He played in that game. They had to go to Covington and play an AJ Oullette led Covington team. It's the same year that Covington lost to Coldwater 20-0 in the Regional Finals. They were pretty good that year.

http://www.buccsfootball.com/history/2012/dixie.php

I don't think so. I remember the game well. Dixie was led by RB Ryan Jordan who ended up on the football team at Louisville. He was the best player I remember at Dixie over the past 20 years. He played in that game. They had to go to Covington and play an AJ Oullette led Covington team. It's the same year that Covington lost to Coldwater 20-0 in the Regional Finals. They were pretty good that year.

http://www.buccsfootball.com/history/2012/dixie.php
Gotcha. That Covington team had a legitimate defense but just running Ouelette wasnt going to win them that game hence the score. If they had any semblance of a passing game, the score might've been a little closer than 20-0

Stupid for leaving a conference that’s falling apart, Dixie is a D6 team in football they will be playing teams around the same size as them, Shawnee will have 7 games a year in Preble county with playing Eaton week 1 every year, Is VV even going to have a team in a few years
What are you talking about? Vv pwee has been strong they will have a team

I
ll be shocked if the levy doesn’t pass this go around... VV isn’t going anywhere imo

I hope for the sake of the community that the levy passes. If it does fail again, I would guess it would pass the next time around like what happened at Preble Shawnee in the mid 2000's. I remember when they didn't have sports at all one year. Once the levy finally passed it was back to normal for them.

You do realize it will be voted on again in August if it doesn’t pass.
I could really care less, if it passes or fails or how many times you vote on it, I made a comment about it because the other VV guy was running his mouth about 2 of 4 teams that are leaving.

I could really care less, if it passes or fails or how many times you vote on it, I made a comment about it because the other VV guy was running his mouth about 2 of 4 teams that are leaving.
So you say you could care less (which the correct way to say it would be I couldn’t care less) yet you then proceed to use the one thing you claim you don’t care about as an attack because one guy was complaining about teams leaving a conference ? not sure your angle here bub

So you say you could care less (which the correct way to say it would be I couldn’t care less) yet you then proceed to use the one thing you claim you don’t care about as an attack because one guy was complaining about teams leaving a conference ? not sure your angle here bub
However you want to say it, no angle here just think it’s weak to call schools stupid because they made a decision to leave, can’t say anymore because Bless em all will delete it.

However you want to say it, no angle here just think it’s weak to call schools stupid because they made a decision to leave, can’t say anymore because Bless em all will delete it.
So instead of being the bigger person you stoop to his/her level and attack a community that is at a crossroads with their high school sitting in the balance?

This looks a little weird may want to delete this
It’s obvious that you’re a child hiding behind a computer screen. IRLMN is a longtime poster on here and yet all I’ve seen from you is trash. Yes, keep it up and I’ll not only delete your posts but I’ll boot you to the curb. Try me. SWBL posters are passionate but classy. Try being more adult.
On to other things.
Milton-Union has finalized their 2020 schedule. Their last in the SWBL.
Arcanum (H) jamboree game
Miami East (H)
Covington (H)
Oakwood (H)
Northridge (A)
Madison (H)
Waynesville (H)
Shawnee (A)
Valley View (A)
Dixie (H)
Carlisle (A)

2021 TRC schedule:
National Trail (H)
Open
Open
Lehman Catholic (A)
Troy Christian (A)
Miami East (H)
Covington (H)
Bethel (A)
Northridge (H)
Riverside (A)

Last edited:
VV keeping same schedule from 2019

scrimmage (A) - Springfield Shawnee
(A) Wilmington
(A) Ft. Recovery
(H) Madison
(A) Oakwood (Thursday Game)
(H) Monroe
(H) Bellbrook
(A) Franklin
(H) Milton-Union
(H) Eaton
(A) Brookville

at first glance seems our toughest game would be at Franklin with it being on the road

Ft. Recovery is always a good test

Willmington had a tough season but always pose a good high powered offense

Bellbrook, MU, Madison, are always tough but I like the fact all three are played @ Barker (it’s always tough for opponents to play there)

Eaton is slowly digging out of their funk. They posted a 3-7 record but easily could have gone 5-5. They tested VV for a half last season before running out of steam and VV ended up pulling away.

Oakwood and Monroe are still figuring things out program wise. Right now I see these two as VVs easiest games

I hear that Madison will be lean this year. I don’t buy it. Milton should be ok, gave the Spartans a scare at Milton.
the Buckeye should be between Waynesville, MU and Madison again. Not sure what Carlisle, Shawnee and Northridge are bringing in.

I hear that Madison will be lean this year. I don’t buy it. Milton should be ok, gave the Spartans a scare at Milton.
the Buckeye should be between Waynesville, MU and Madison again. Not sure what Carlisle, Shawnee and Northridge are bringing in.
I’m pretty sure that Shawnee will be down some compared to last year. They will lose a good Senior class.

So instead of being the bigger person you stoop to his/her level and attack a community that is at a crossroads with their high school sitting in the balance?
You’re probably right on that I shouldn’t take a shot at the levy and just kept it at what I started with. But I must add I still hate BlessemAll

I think Madison will be in the top half, but only because Carlisle, Shawnee and Northridge will be down. Madison has lost a ton of players the last two years and I don't see them just reloading. I look for them to be in the 4-6 to 5-5 range, with three of those wins coming against the teams I already mentioned.