Future of the SWBL

Everyone I have talked to that would seem to know what’s going on, says they don’t look for the SWBL to add teams for awhile.

You never know. Not too long ago some people seemingly well connected with their respective schools were adamant that certain teams would not be leaving the SWBL to join the TRC. But here we are.

You never know. Not too long ago some people seemingly well connected with their respective schools were adamant that certain teams would not be leaving the SWBL to join the TRC. But here we are.
I really think anything is a possibility. I do think at this point that the SWBL will be starting out as a 10 team league and the league will run atleast 2-4 years before any changes take place. As a 10 team league, they aren't forced to make any changes, and maybe everything works out. No league is perfect and there is always going to be arguments about a couple schools being too big/small no matter where you are at, but the SWBL has a solid foundation of 10 teams, and really no changes are necessary.

what will the SWBL crossovers look like in 2021? any idea?
It's my understanding that there won't be crossovers anymore. It'll just be a 10 team league. There are only 3 schools left in the small school side anyways. I would guess that starting 2021 that everybody will play everybody, and each school will have 1 OOC game. That's how the CCC was for a long time when there were 10 football schools.

It's my understanding that there won't be crossovers anymore. It'll just be a 10 team league. There are only 3 schools left in the small school side anyways. I would guess that starting 2021 that everybody will play everybody, and each school will have 1 OOC game. That's how the CCC was for a long time when there were 10 football schools.
i don’t like a 1 game OOC at all. no excitement or anything. i prefer 3 for sure.

3 OOC games is my understanding the league is split by geography. East=Waynesville, Oakwood, Franklin, Bellbrook, Monroe. West=Madison, Carlisle, Eaton, Valley View, Brookville.

this scenario would make the most sense to me
That could be. I didn't realize that the SWBL was planning to split into East/West. If that's the case I don't see as big of a need for Carlisle to bail. They can avoid Franklin/Bellbrook with crossover games, and schedule 3 smaller schools in OOC games. I know they are already playing TVS in football starting 2021. Also, there isn't a need to add additional schools in my opinion.

That could be. I didn't realize that the SWBL was planning to split into East/West. If that's the case I don't see as big of a need for Carlisle to bail. They can avoid Franklin/Bellbrook with crossover games, and schedule 3 smaller schools in OOC games. I know they are already playing TVS in football starting 2021. Also, there isn't a need to add additional schools in my opinion.
personally i would like to see Wilmington and Massie get added. it makes sense for both parties and they are both solid athletic programs overall. Talawanada and Edgewood would be my next two but i would much rather see the Clinton County schools get in

Is there any talk about Stebbins Greenville West Carrollton and Trotwood. I know everyone is afraid of twood but they are the same size as Franklin Bellbrook and others. I know the other 3 schools are in the new conference but they would fit better in the swbl.

Is there any talk about Stebbins Greenville West Carrollton and Trotwood. I know everyone is afraid of twood but they are the same size as Franklin Bellbrook and others. I know the other 3 schools are in the new conference but they would fit better in the swbl.
Greenville and Stebbins don’t fit in the SWBL at all. West Carrollton, maybe.

random idea- swap Bellbrook to the MVL and West Carrolton to the SWBL

trotwood will not be in a league anytime soon

Greenville would match up good with Eaton and brookville. Stebbins would fit size wise.
Greenville, too far out. closest game is brookville and that’s probably 40 minutes? i understand they play eaton already. stebbins may fit size wise but they are slightly out of the way in terms of geography and demographically

This would be best for both parties. And Greenville and Stebbins dont fit the SWBL footprint. Greenville, to my knowledge, likes being with the schools along the interstate and Stebbins fits in size wise with the MVL.
yes no need to mess with stebbins and greenville. they are both in the best spot for themselves. as for west carrolton/bellbrook swaping.. that idea is starting to grow on me. west carrolton will have a chance to rebuild and possibly win consistently, and Bellbrook gets in with Xenia/Fairborn and will be in with other schools with like demographics

Those northern MVL schools are tied together. Greenville nor anyone else up here is splitting up anytime soon.

IMO looking at this I would take the Ross, Talawanda, and Edgewood trio over just adding CM. Logistically it seems like it is a wash for the conference in terms of travel. (Yes, some go further depending on which school you are referencing). However the SWBl would pick up three schools that field all teams in all sports rather than just one. This would be big for the ADs, especially when they are scrambling to fill voids. Also from the competitive angle, it is an easy boost adding those three with Talawanda being the weakest overall athletic program but not poor by any means. They do have some very good teams spread across all sports. The other big benefit is the ability to have real league meets when you get out of the 2 major boys sports. Track, wrestling, tennis, bowling, VB, etc would have a significant boost. The only downside I see is the fact that Edgewood is significantly larger than most schools in this conference. Ross and Talawanda are roughly the same or slightly larger.

Am I off base or is the support for CM mainly due to familiarity with that school?

CM plays in the SWBL in youth football. That would be the only connection. I do know that CM has wanted in the SWBL since 2005 and have tried to get in twice. With no openings it didn’t make sense for the league. Now, I think it would benefit both CM and the league. Hopefully it would work out this time.

CM plays in the SWBL in youth football. That would be the only connection. I do know that CM has wanted in the SWBL since 2005 and have tried to get in twice. With no openings it didn’t make sense for the league. Now, I think it would benefit both CM and the league. Hopefully it would work out this time.
Hopefully it works out. It really seems like the league could add the trio of Edgewood/Talawanda/Ross and still add CM and make it work. A division split could be made that could help it all make sense. I'm really interested to see how it all plays out.

Pretty bummed that Shawnee decided to leave the league. Wife and I moved into the district with our young son and I was excited to watch him grow up and play sports against the local rivals in the league. I don’t know much about the league they are going into but from what I’ve read it sounds like Preble will have the opportunity to be more competitive at the Varsity level in all sports. And there will still be some local rivals in the county (TVS, TCN, Dixie).

Pretty bummed that Shawnee decided to leave the league. Wife and I moved into the district with our young son and I was excited to watch him grow up and play sports against the local rivals in the league. I don’t know much about the league they are going into but from what I’ve read it sounds like Preble will have the opportunity to be more competitive at the Varsity level in all sports. And there will still be some local rivals in the county (TVS, TCN, Dixie).
I really think Shawnee is going to have a chance to be at the top of the league in football/basketball immediately and frequently in the future when the new league forms. I think it will be a great core of a league with Shawnee/Dixie/TVS/TCN/Trail. Even throwing in Tri Village/Arcanum. But where it doesn't make a lot of sense for me is that Shawnee is going to have some long drives to Miss Valley/Ansonia/Bradford. Atleast it's going to be long drives where they are going to get there and have a good shot at winning. I would think Shawnee will keep Madison/Carlisle as non-league opponents in pretty much all sports that they can.

I really think Shawnee is going to have a chance to be at the top of the league in football/basketball immediately and frequently in the future when the new league forms. I think it will be a great core of a league with Shawnee/Dixie/TVS/TCN/Trail. Even throwing in Tri Village/Arcanum. But where it doesn't make a lot of sense for me is that Shawnee is going to have some long drives to Miss Valley/Ansonia/Bradford. Atleast it's going to be long drives where they are going to get there and have a good shot at winning. I would think Shawnee will keep Madison/Carlisle as non-league opponents in pretty much all sports that they can.
I think it was a great move for Shawnee and Dixie. Both will have a chance to be competitive and win league titles. I'm not sure they could say that about staying in the SWBL. This may allow Shawnee to slide into the DV playoffs in the near future.

I think it was a great move for Shawnee and Dixie. Both will have a chance to be competitive and win league titles. I'm not sure they could say that about staying in the SWBL. This may allow Shawnee to slide into the DV playoffs in the near future.
I think it was stupid for them to leave the SWBL to go to a trash conference so you can get some wins only to be killed in the playoffs. Stay in the SWBL and get better

I think it was stupid for them to leave the SWBL to go to a trash conference so you can get some wins only to be killed in the playoffs. Stay in the SWBL and get better
i understand where you’re coming from but Dixie is just too small and Preble Shawnee is in with all of its county rivals. it was best for both schools.

Stupid for leaving a conference that’s falling apart, Dixie is a D6 team in football they will be playing teams around the same size as them, Shawnee will have 7 games a year in Preble county with playing Eaton week 1 every year, Is VV even going to have a team in a few years

i understand where you’re coming from but Dixie is just too small and Preble Shawnee is in with all of its county rivals. it was best for both schools.
It was best for all schools, it seems like the other guy was a delusional VV fan. The conference is a great fit for VV, but not a great fit for Dixie/Shawnee. What he said got me thinking though. Has Preble Shawnee ever even made it to playoffs? If not, it would be cool if the new conference helped them to do that. I remember Dixie making it once about 8-10 years back and they got massacred by Covington in the first round.