Future of the SWBL

milton is in the right place in the TRC but i wouldve likes to see brookville join the TRC instead of northridge. northridge leaving likely had something to do with being competitive
I never liked the fit of Northridge in that new league. However they didn't have many other options. Stay in the SWBL and continue to struggle vs the good teams or go to the TRC and become more competitive potentially. Last season they beat Bethel and TC and got waxed by Milton. Was last years winning season a fluke? I don't know. They could've tried to go to the Dayton City League but that would be a joke. Brookville would be a much better choice for the TRC.

I would've liked to see Brookville and Milton pair up. I don't see why they never really played crossovers anyways. I think Waynesville likes the SWBL as they should. I think they might push for the additions of Clinton Massie and Wilmington, which I also think they should. Courthouse and Trace, that's a stretch to me. WCH, MT, CM, and Wilmington makes the most sense to me but that has already been tried and it failed as a conference.

what makes sense but will never happen:

Miami Trace
Washington Court House
Wilmington
Clinton Massie
Western Brown
Hillsboro
Blanchester
East Clinton

I think realistically, we something like this for the SWBL:

Oakwood
Eaton
Waynesville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Valley View
Wilmington
Clinton Massie

Carlisle and Madison to the MVC. Monroe could find a Cincy option and Brookville belongs in the TRC, so that could happen.
Hubbard don want Madison to go to the MVC. He just packed his bags and ran cause he knew dat CCPA was bout to bust his squad at NM next year. Wish him well but he fo sho don’t wanna see CCPA again.

Milton left because 5 of the TRC schools are in Miami County! Playing Covington, Miami East, Bethel, and Troy Christian will build LOCAL rivalries, and seriously cut down on drive time. Add in the fact that Shawnee and Dixie were leaving and the uncertainty that brought and it was a no-brainer for MU.

Northridge left because it was either a promised league of schools their size or the SWBL with much larger schools. the new lines drawn this coming year (east and west) are exactly why 'Ridge left. They didn't want to be stuck like Waynesville is now.

The SWBL cut their own throats when smaller school continuously asked for expansion to get rid of the crossover games and the league continually ignored them. That caused Preble and Dixie to leave, which then caused MU and Northridge to more seriously consider the TRC. I'm not sure it is done either. Waynesville is NOT happy in the SWBL East with The bigger schools. Carlisle is trying to rebuild, playing bigger schools won't help that. Madison is about to come back to Earth after a great run. The league has become too spread out enrollment wise.

Milton left because 5 of the TRC schools are in Miami County! Playing Covington, Miami East, Bethel, and Troy Christian will build LOCAL rivalries, and seriously cut down on drive time. Add in the fact that Shawnee and Dixie were leaving and the uncertainty that brought and it was a no-brainer for MU.

Northridge left because it was either a promised league of schools their size or the SWBL with much larger schools. the new lines drawn this coming year (east and west) are exactly why 'Ridge left. They didn't want to be stuck like Waynesville is now.

The SWBL cut their own throats when smaller school continuously asked for expansion to get rid of the crossover games and the league continually ignored them. That caused Preble and Dixie to leave, which then caused MU and Northridge to more seriously consider the TRC. I'm not sure it is done either. Waynesville is NOT happy in the SWBL East with The bigger schools. Carlisle is trying to rebuild, playing bigger schools won't help that. Madison is about to come back to Earth after a great run. The league has become too spread out enrollment wise.
That makes sense I 100% agree with you the SWBL did this to themselves I just hate to see what’s going to happen to some of the smaller schools that are left with no where to go

That makes sense I 100% agree with you the SWBL did this to themselves I just hate to see what’s going to happen to some of the smaller schools that are left with no where to go
I know this was a while ago. In the mid 2000’s, probably right when MU joined, the SWBL approached TVS and TCN to join as a pair and be in the small school division of the SWBL. TVS was in favor and TCN was not. I believe it was because they felt they wouldn’t have the same football success. I always hated that we couldn’t jump at that opportunity. Maybe that would have helped with some of the smaller schools if that happened. It doesn’t matter now.

Hubbard don want Madison to go to the MVC. He just packed his bags and ran cause he knew dat CCPA was bout to bust his squad at NM next year. Wish him well but he fo sho don’t wanna see CCPA again.
WAS AT THE NM/CCPA GAME, WASNT EVEN A CONTEST. ONCE NM STAFF MADE SOME ADJUSTMENTS IT WAS BAD BAD NEWS FOR CCPA. IN FACT THE HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS SHOWED EVERYONE WHO HAD THE BETTER STAFF AND PLAYERS. I DID NOTICE NM COACH PUT IN JV AT THE END OF THE 3RD QTR, THEY COULD HAVE PUT 70 ON CCPA. SCARY PART IS NEW MIAMI HAS 99% OF THEIR 10-0 TEAM RETURNING, CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR RESTORE THE ROAR.

Waynesville is in the same boat as Carlisle..........where do they go? I don't think the Ohio Heritage takes them, going to the SBAAC has travel issues. There really is no good fit for Carlisle or Waynesville. I look for Waynesville to be more competitive than Carlisle but still not sure I see many league titles for Waynesville either.

Waynesville is in the same boat as Carlisle..........where do they go? I don't think the Ohio Heritage takes them, going to the SBAAC has travel issues. There really is no good fit for Carlisle or Waynesville. I look for Waynesville to be more competitive than Carlisle but still not sure I see many league titles for Waynesville either.
the MVC Scarlet??

i think waynesville will be fine in this new league but to make them happy look into adding Clinton Massie and Wilmington

the MVC Scarlet??

i think waynesville will be fine in this new league but to make them happy look into adding Clinton Massie and Wilmington
I agree that Waynesville/Madison will be alright in the SWBL. I don't think being competitive will be a problem for them.

As for Carlisle, being competitive will be a problem. As stated, it doesn't seem like there is an ideal option for them leaving the SWBL. I still would like if the WOAC could split in the future and have maybe a North/South divide. The South division could have TVS, TCN, Dixie, Preble Shawnee, National Trail and Carlisle. Or something like that..... it does make it hard with the schools that don't have football though (Franklin Monroe and Newton), and trying to even out divisions.

I still think the Metro Buckeye could be a long shot as an option. There would be some schools with rough travel, but there would be some schools that wouldn't be so bad. Dayton Christian, Middletown Christian, Miami Valley and Jefferson would all be reasonable drives. The conference is losing Troy Christian, and I'm not sure how actively they are looking to replace them. Carlisle would be very competitive in that conference. I just don't feel that's a good long term solution for them.

Maybe they'll have to travel to New Bremen in week 11 next year! Speaking of Bremen, Is there any SWBL school with an open week 1 date?
Milton offered for week 1 2021. No takers other than National Trail.
In think Madison, Carlisle and Waynesville will be fine. SWBL splitting into East and West tells me that there will be additions from the East ( Clinton Massie, Wilmington) in the future. Waynesville could have beaten Clinton-Massie this year.
Wilmington isn’t strong in football.
So you have...
West:
Brookville
Eaton
Carlisle
Franklin
Valley View
Madison

East:
Clinton Massie
Waynesville
Oakwood
Wilmington
Bellbrook
Monroe

Last edited:
the MVC Scarlet??

I'm not sure adding Massie would make them happy. There is a lot of bad blood there especially between the football coaching staffs. They ended that series a few years ago due to this.

I'm not sure adding Massie would make them happy. There is a lot of bad blood there especially between the football coaching staffs. They ended that series a few years ago due to this.
they are a local rival that are pretty close in size. usually those teams survive together.

just curious why is there bad blood and why did they end the series?

I really think the SWBL needs to keep their identity as the small school league in Dayton. I don't want Waynesville, Madison, and Carlisle to leave. I actually think it's time for Bellbrook and Franklin to go. Bump Sidney to the MVL North (ridiculous that they are in the "Valley" division, the South)

SWBL- Waynesville, Madison, Carlisle, Valley View, Eaton, Brookville, Oakwood, Monroe
MVL North- Troy, Piqua, Sidney, Greenville, Tipp, Butler
MVL South- Bellbrook, Franklin, Xenia, Fairborn, West Carrollton, Stebbins

Franklin already plays Xenia. Bellbrook used to and plays Fairborn now.

I really think the SWBL needs to keep their identity as the small school league in Dayton. I don't want Waynesville, Madison, and Carlisle to leave. I actually think it's time for Bellbrook and Franklin to go. Bump Sidney to the MVL North (ridiculous that they are in the "Valley" division, the South)

SWBL- Waynesville, Madison, Carlisle, Valley View, Eaton, Brookville, Oakwood, Monroe
MVL North- Troy, Piqua, Sidney, Greenville, Tipp, Butler
MVL South- Bellbrook, Franklin, Xenia, Fairborn, West Carrollton, Stebbins

Franklin already plays Xenia. Bellbrook used to and plays Fairborn now.
I think I have proposed this exact thing but it makes a ton of sense.

I agree that Waynesville/Madison will be alright in the SWBL. I don't think being competitive will be a problem for them.

As for Carlisle, being competitive will be a problem. As stated, it doesn't seem like there is an ideal option for them leaving the SWBL. I still would like if the WOAC could split in the future and have maybe a North/South divide. The South division could have TVS, TCN, Dixie, Preble Shawnee, National Trail and Carlisle. Or something like that..... it does make it hard with the schools that don't have football though (Franklin Monroe and Newton), and trying to even out divisions.

I still think the Metro Buckeye could be a long shot as an option. There would be some schools with rough travel, but there would be some schools that wouldn't be so bad. Dayton Christian, Middletown Christian, Miami Valley and Jefferson would all be reasonable drives. The conference is losing Troy Christian, and I'm not sure how actively they are looking to replace them. Carlisle would be very competitive in that conference. I just don't feel that's a good long term solution for them.
Metro buckeye conference doesn't offer football. So Carlisle would have to go independent in football (what TC was doing until TRC and Jefferson is doing) or find a conference for football only (which is what DC does). I don't think MBC is a good fit for them at all. I don't know what that conference will do long term. I don't know how many small schools that don't offer football are in the area that might be candidates. Without offering football as a conference sport it isn't a very appealing option for many schools.

they are a local rival that are pretty close in size. usually those teams survive together.

just curious why is there bad blood and why did they end the series?
[/QUOTE
Coaching staffs about went at it after Waynesville beat them a few years ago. One of the Waynesville assistants was taunting Massie and it didn't go over too well. They don't play each other in many sports anymore.

Metro buckeye conference doesn't offer football. So Carlisle would have to go independent in football (what TC was doing until TRC and Jefferson is doing) or find a conference for football only (which is what DC does). I don't think MBC is a good fit for them at all. I don't know what that conference will do long term. I don't know how many small schools that don't offer football are in the area that might be candidates. Without offering football as a conference sport it isn't a very appealing option for many schools.
That is something that I failed to even think about. I guess that makes sense that Carlisle would never be interested in that. I didn't think it was a great fit anyways, just a longshot option.