Future of scoreboards in HS basketball - Fully digital scoreboards?

Reminds me of my old high school football scoreboard clock when I was in grade school. I could tell time on a regular clock in the first grade, but could never figure out how to read the football dial with respect to time left.

Found a learning video on one of these scoreboards. The basketball display looks pretty traditional and is easily visible. Running the controller on a laptop (starts at 1:30 mark) is another matter. Maybe the whippersnappers will catch on quick, but I'm guessing there's a significant learning curve for traditional board operators, especially starting/stopping/resetting the shot clock with the mouse:

The one I saw was controlled via a tablet, so it was all touch-screen based. There may have been a separate remote for starting and stopping the clock. I wouldn't be shocked if there's a way to start and stop the clock via the space bar if operating with a laptop. The software for automated track and field timing systems has that feature.

i believe there are at least 2 companies in ohio who work deals with local districts and small colleges for scoreboards for football and basketball facilities. The company provides the scoreboard and installation for a greatly reduced ( sometimes at no cost) in exchange for advertising rights for x number of years. The companies have sales teams who solicit the adds for each board, some in the local area and some as regional or national sales.

This digital equipment sure got so many histories behind them, it’s almost like nobody remembers when they first budded at sporting occasions. Future Digital scoreboards should have video-capable LED screens that organizations use to support fan participation. And it should also provide light moments as the screen can show all the craziness that goes with the game. I suppose there are indoor digital signage displays that provide these facilities already.