Ft. Recovery Sweeps 2020 Mercer County League Boys & Girls Basketball Titles

So the MAC has a conference within a conference? Ft Recovery wins the MCL but is third in the MAC currently behind another MCL school in Parkway.

Is there a MCL trophy? And I noticed not all schools play the same number of games vs Mercer County schools. Looked like a low of 4 by Ft Recovery and a high of 7 by St Henery.

Another interesting thing about the MCL is not all members are part of the MAC. So a non conference game outside the Mac vs Celina IS A CONFERENCE MCL GAME?

Last edited:
The MCL is not really a league. State Line Sports just keeps track of how it would be if it were a league. I think it was a league back in the 60's. There is no trophy or anything. (Unless State Line Sports wants to give one.)

Fort Recovery was fortunate to play Parkway early in the season and came away with the win.

St. Henry, Coldwater and Marion have more games because they played each other in a holiday tournament. Fort Recovery does not play Celina in boys basketball.

Also interesting fact, neither of Fort Recovery's teams have a player averaging in double figures in points.

So the MAC has a conference within a conference? Ft Recovery wins the MCL but is third in the MAC currently behind another MCL school in Parkway.

Is there a MCL trophy? And I noticed not all schools play the same number of games vs Mercer County schools. Looked like a low of 4 by Ft Recovery and a high of 7 by St Henery.

Another interesting thing about the MCL is not all members are part of the MAC. So a non conference game outside the Mac vs Celina IS A CONFERENCE MCL GAME?
Dont pay any attention to the man behind the curtain. He has been trying to shove this down the throats of folks in the area.

Celina is bad, really bad and kids are quitting at the HS level due to the coach. The 8th grade team kept like 13 kids and plays everyone almost the exact same minutes to keep as many kids happy so they keep on playing in HS.
What they dont realize with that set up is some times the best kids get fed up that they have to sit so much.....

Dont pay any attention to the man behind the curtain. He has been trying to shove this down the throats of folks in the area.

Celina is bad, really bad and kids are quitting at the HS level due to the coach. The 8th grade team kept like 13 kids and plays everyone almost the exact same minutes to keep as many kids happy so they keep on playing in HS.
What they dont realize with that set up is some times the best kids get fed up that they have to sit so much.....
Celina's Athletic Department in general is in shambles. So is their school facilities.

There is no better place to watch a football or basketball game AND the only turf baseball field in the area.
Never been to Celina Stadium but I will when we scrimmage them this August. I thought Celina's gym was cramped. When I played on Montgomery Field, the turf was black. Celina needs to learn how to take care of it. I was actually referring to the actual school facilities. They have a levy vote coming up in about a month for brand new schools.

If you maybe wondering how Celina loses so much to OE, here's an example of one reason:

Due to the coach ? Why because he is too tough, too soft. As SC 12 stated almost all of Celina's sports programs are a joke. I will agree do like the Fieldhouse although some do not.

This is what we post on MCL stories -

Why the MCL?

To add a little extra excitement to the high school basketball season SSN again will bring you the Mercer County League.

The first year SSN introduced the (mythical) MCL was in 2018-19.

All six Mercer County high schools are included, actual head to head match-ups between the schools that will determine a MCL champion in both boys and girls basketball.

If you like history, we feature a past Mercer County girls or boys basketball team on each posting - you can see some of them at this link - https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/?s=MCL