Tri Valley 14 Jackson 13
Unioto 48 Waverly 27
Spring Valley WV 42 Portsmouth 31
Westerville North 17 Chillicothe 14
Washington Courthouse 48 Paint Valley 0
Ironton 34 Fairland 13
Wheelersburg 28 Russell KY 21

McK not what they once were..sad.
The last coach of McKinley that had success was Cross. The program has been in a free fall ever since. The McKinley vs Massillon Game has lost a lot of it's significance as the Pups seem unable to compete with their program any more. It is very sad considering it was the longest and most exciting high school football rivalry in the Nation. It was not unusual for that game to draw 20,000 plus fans on a regular basis year after year. It is more than sad.

Wapak 29
St Marys 22
OT

Smithville 20 Clearview 12. Chippewa 40 Crestwood 7. Norwayne 23 Clyde 13. Columbia 42 Northwestern 41. Mapleton 59 Rittman 19. Triway 43 Waynedale 0. Garaway 35 Dalton 0. Loudonville 14 Hilladale 0.

The last coach of McKinley that had success was Cross. The program has been in a free fall ever since. The McKinley vs Massillon Game has lost a lot of it's significance as the Pups seem unable to compete with their program any more. It is very sad considering it was the longest and most exciting high school football rivalry in the Nation. It was not unusual for that game to draw 20,000 plus fans on a regular basis year after year. It is more than sad.
Agreed.....it is still a big rivalry between the 2 communities, but not as significant
as it once was. I've attended many Massillon - McKinley games and the excitement
level doesn't seem as intense as it was years ago when both teams were powerhouses.
My last time attending was 4 years ago. The game is always fun to be at and if I still
lived in Jackson Township, I'd be there every year as I was when I lived in Ohio.

Last edited: