Freshman All-State Tournament

catsfan1

Does anyone have information on this tournament? What is the format, is there a seeding meeting ahead of time?

Frosh tourny

February 12, 2011

Centerville, Chardon, Dublin Scioto, Fairfield, Hamilton Township, Hilliard Darby, Hilliard Davidson, Lakota East, Lakota West, Marysville, Mason, Olentangy Braves, Olentangy Liberty, Olentangy Orange, Saint Edward, Solon, Teays Valley, Upper Arlington, Worthington Kilbourne.

16-man individual Olympic-style tourny

Not sure about seeding. I would think no for a freshman tournament.

Honestly the Centerville Buckeye classic is the biggest frosh tourny in the state, and IMO the best.

Tourn info

This is a really good tournament!! I do hate the format, 4 pools of 4. But seeding is a little dicey because frosh records, competition, etc. I would bet some teams do not even send in records or seeding info and screw up the whole ball of wax. We have often had the 2nd best kid in a pool and the best they can do is 5th. My Bad, I forgot that the winners of each pool go into a 4 man bracket (they place 1-4), 2nd best kid in each pool goes into a 4 man bracket(they place 5-8). I wish they would just do a 16 man double elimination bracket. People at Scioto also told my coach that if they had a name change on saturday they would have to pay $10. This is stupid!! It is a frosh tourn. (frosh are stupid anyways!!) Just not the way you treat people!!

FyI buckeye is best frosh tourn in state and probably country!!

St Edward 235
Mason 189
Fairfield 187
Solon 158
Lakota east 155.5

Good tourney. Some nice semis/ finals matches. Sure to be some future state placers from this crop in the next couple years.

I hope your rotator cuff is ok Centerville fan with all the back slapping you are doing with your tourney.
Who cares!
This isnt a who runs the best Freshman tourney thread.
Get over yourselves.

I kind of like pools to brackets to ensure 5 matches.
Theyre freaking frosh! Get them some matches.
I like pools to a top 8 bracket myself taking top 2 of each pool myself.

Freshman All State

Not sure how any freshman tourney could be any tougher than this one. When you include St. Ed's it's no free ride. There were also some kids that have been wrestling a significant amount of varsity in this tourney which is pretty bogus of their coaches. It was nice to see one of them lose in the finals.

A freshmen tourney can be tougher than this when they have more teams. Simple as that. Pools is fine. Brackets are fine. And yes, Ed's makes for some great competition---but they come to Centerville too. Centerville also has Beavercreek, Pickerington, Moeller, Elder....other "good" schools. Both tourneys are good, but Centerville is the better.

The All State event gives the kids a chance to wrestle in...for some of them... a new pool format thats different from Centerville's.