Frequently Asked Questions

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Rules For Posting
  1. No name calling - please refrain from using derogatory names when in a heated discussion. (idiot, jerk, etc. will not be acceptable)
  2. No swearing - including trying to get around the censor filter with other symbols.
  3. Negative comments of a personal nature - a person's personal life that does not have any bearing on their sports life should not be discussed.
  4. Posting multiple times in a row - please do not continually respond to your own posts to pad your post total.
  5. "Outing" an anonymous poster - revealing the real identity of a poster is not allowed.
  6. Multiple Usernames - one username per individual, if subsequent usernames are found, they will be deleted without notice.
  7. Derogatory Usernames - usernames that are chosen to degrade someone/something else are unacceptable. They will be deleted without warning.
  8. Stalking - stalking would be defined as following another user around and harrassing them in threads that they post in. Basically, if someone is having a problem with someone and they resort to looking for every post they make so they can confront them about other issues is becoming troublesome.
  9. Hijacking - hijacking a thread is defined as taking any topic over and changing the subject and debating something new. This has always been a reason for threads to be locked, deleted, or split. But if a pattern continues where one or more posters choose to continue doing this, then some form of censoring their opinions is bound to happen.
  10. Habitual Trash Talking - this falls under stalking and hijacking but deserves it's own rule. This is when a user continually trash talks about the same team(s) and offers no other insight. Following other users around and disrupting threads out of spite for another team will no longer be tolerated. Some trash-talking is inevitable when it comes to sports but should be limited.
  11. Spamming - posting links to other websites that are for personal gain. Linking to a news article or a fun interesting website is fair game . Posting a link to your own website or a competitor with the intention of earning money or driving people to a competitor is not acceptable. Spamming through the private message system will immediately place the domain on the censored list.
  12. Trolling - A troll is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. A troll is a time thief. To troll is to steal from people. That is what makes trolling heinous. Trolls can be identified by their disengagement from a conversation or argument. They do not believe what they say, but merely say it for effect. Trolls are motivated by a desire for attention by people and can't or won't acquire it in a productive manner.

User Titles

The following levels are what determines your user title:

0 Freshman
25 Junior Varsity
50 Varsity
100 All District
250 All Region
500 All Ohio
1000 All American
2500 All World
5000 All Yappi

Moderator Duties

Here are some rules that I expect the moderators to follow:
  1. Minor incidents just need to be edited or deleted - no need to contact poster.
  2. Repeated minor incidents from the same poster can lead to contacting them. This is a judgement call based on the seriousness of the incident and the type of poster they've been.
  3. More serious incidents should get a PM from the moderator.
  4. Repeated serious incidents should be reported to me and I'll take care of it from that point. (ie once a month shouldn't be contacted, once an hour should)
  5. Major incidents should be reported to me right away - use this forum (moderator) to post it so we all can see it and watch out. (including a copy & paste of the incident).
  6. If you PM someone and they are uncooperative, then let me know about it so I can handle it from that point on.
  7. Moderators should be respectful and NEVER call posters names. If you call posters names, your neutrality is seriously called into question and will make it impossible to moderate fairly in the future.
  8. Keep personal issues off the board with other posters. This includes private messages too. If you don't like how someone acts or their opinions, then just avoid them.
  9. Private messages should be the same as posting on the open forums. You should be respectful and not call names.

If you are seeing a moderator that is not following these rules, let me know through private messages. Making a post about how bad a moderator is will not get them in trouble.

JUST WANTED TO ASK FOR PRAYERS FOR THE GREENVILLE WRESTLERS AND THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES. I JUST HEARD THAT A JUNIOR WRESTLER, JEFF MYERS COMMITTED SUICIDE THIS WEEK. I HAVE NO OTHER INFO. PLEASE KEEP THEM IN YOUR THOUGHTS

Wow, sad to hear that, will keep them in my prayers
We had a friend commit suicide this year. He was a graduate of 05 that played on the Varsity baseball team @bhs. It was very traumatic

is it possible to post pictures on here that I have on my digital camera?? I took some pictures of Grove City's stadium where the CHCA vs Centerburg game is being held. thanks

Redhawks16 said:
is it possible to post pictures on here that I have on my digital camera?? I took some pictures of Grove City's stadium where the CHCA vs Centerburg game is being held. thanks

if you host them somewhere like photobucket, you can post the CHCA/centerburg photos in the game action forum.

Copy the URL of the picture, then when you want to post it, click on the picture of the mountain and the sun. Then paste the URL inside of the box.

I am having problems posting pictures, I do like the directions said but all I can get is either a small thumbnail or a link to the picture. Please help me someone!!?? My question is, how do I get the entire picture to show up without having a thumbnail or a link.

Last edited:
I am having problems posting pictures, I do like the directions said but all I can get is either a small thumbnail or a link to the picture. Please help me someone!!?? My question is, how do I get the entire picture to show up without having a thumbnail or a link.

If you're trying to post pics on here from Yahoo! Images, it won't work, I've tried. Google Images works, though.

When you look at people's profiles, it says 'Refferals:'. What's that?

Also, what's a 'public group' under 'Memberships' on a person's profile? Example: "Eezy as 123 is not a member of any public groups"

When you sign up, it asks you for any referrals, meaning, people that told you about this site or told you to sign up.

I have no clue what the public groups are, I've wondered that before too.

You know what would be nice, if a moderator deletes your post, they would notify of this. I dont know how much time I have wasted trying to find posts of mine that have been deleted. Oh yea and a UFC forum would be nice also.

Yappi,

You need another moderator for the NFL Forum... it is growing and I feel you're too busy to moderate it on your own... there has been a lot of bickering and uneccessary trash talking between fans lately...

I also propose a seperate idea to help keep the trash talking and flaming to a minimum... create three seperate forums or threads for the Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers (the three heavily supported NFL teams in the region) and allow for posters to join one of the three (their favorite team), while it would be locked to 'non-members'... this will create a safe place where the fan base of each team can discuss and comment on the organization without having to worry about trolls, flame-wars, etc... while also keeping the original NFL Board open for strong, CLEAN debate and discussion...

Thanks,

psax889906