Franklin High School Football Coach

I really wish well for Coach Childers in the future. I always felt like he understood what high school football should be about. I'm a little bit embarrassed to be a Wildcat right now.

Wow...weird. How do you think they fare with the schedule that they have coming up this year? What will their offense look like? Defense? Any thoughts? I know it’s early.

I say roberts will be the dc if Cox wants to run his offense or roberts co oc with Cox. Then possibility of russle staying as a dc.
Franklins defense has kept them alive for several years under Russle. Can’t imagine replacing him unless he is going elsewhere. If a “better opportunity” comes along for Roberts he’s gone. It’s happened before.

Franklins defense has kept them alive for several years under Russle. Can’t imagine replacing him unless he is going elsewhere. If a “better opportunity” comes along for Roberts he’s gone. It’s happened before.
Roberts won’t leave franklin again. He not to far from retirement not sure how much longer. He have one of the top paying jobs in franklin now and also he have couple grandkids that either already in the football system or is going to be in the next couple years. He wants to coach those kids. Who knows what will happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone hears something soon about who on the staff and who not.

I hope that under the new coaching staff they will be open to a balanced offense. Franklin has a rich tradition of skilled QB’s. Hopefully they can adapt from year to year with whatever talent they have that time.

Now that it has been a month since the hiring. How does it seem to be going? Good buy in from the players/community? Is the staff hired and working?

Now that it has been a month since the hiring. How does it seem to be going? Good buy in from the players/community? Is the staff hired and working?
Only thing I heard is he made all the players sign a contract. I guess basically you come to all football events and be accountable for what you do, which I think is a good idea. Me personally one thing I don’t like that I saw on social media is he trying change wildcat pride to wildcat warriors. I think that way to close to Lebanon which used to be a close rivalry before the swbl.

Last edited:
What about Coach Cramer who built Marion Local into the powerhouse they are today. I hear he is looking for the perfect job to use his talents to win state titles.

What about Coach Cramer who built Marion Local into the powerhouse they are today. I hear he is looking for the perfect job to use his talents to win state titles.
Are you his agent? You also suggested him for the St. Mary's job. Tim Goodwin made Marion Local the power they are today. Don't get it twisted.

I heard couple names but not 100% and Don’t know the details but Childers is most likely not welcome back. I don’t think he even working at the school anymore either.

I heard couple names but not 100% and Don’t know the details but Childers is most likely not welcome back. I don’t think he even working at the school anymore either.
He still works for Franklin City Schools. Many would welcome him back with open arms. A certain person had a witch hunt out for Childers.

Hearing Mark Mueller has been interviewed for the job. I guess only 2 exits up 75, so not much further than driving now