Frankfort Adena (0-1) @ West Jefferson (0-1)

roughriderpride

Short short memories!

WJ has to forget real quick about what happened Friday night and just practice getting better all week.
This is one of the biggest O-lines that wj has produced in sometime.
(6' 245) Robertson, (6' 250) Heavener, (6'4" 275) Scott, (6'3" 300) Doran and the smallest of the group (5'11" 190) Howard at center, but only 1 stater did return.
There is no reason WHY, WJ can't run the ball consistently against anyone on their schedule!
I think that he needs to move the rb's closer to the LOS and maybe run out of the split back set.
Because the backs are not firing to the LOS or blocking very well.
I know he is setting up the play action passing really well with the running up the middle down after down, but the qb took a beating Friday night.

WJ will welcome Frankfort Adena to town next Friday night, Adena lost Friday night to McClain 34-21.
Last time these teams met was round 1 of the 2011 playoffs when wj was the lower seed and went to the higher seed Adena and beat them at their place 40-13.
No doubt, Adena will be looking for a payback on a night that wj will be honoring their 1976 state title team on their 40th anniversary.
Not sure of anything about Adena just yet, should find some film and info this week to talk about.

As mentioned already, WJ hammered Adena at their place in playoff game a few years ago and went on to make a nice playoff run, but fell short of the ultimate goal.

All I know about this game so far is both are 0-1 and will be looking to get one in the win column.

Defense needs to tighten up big time as we just did not do much well on the defensive side, tackling pursuit to the ball.........all things I know these young men are taught.

I know the line is pretty big, but man they just didn't move their feet very well and therefore did not block very well. You have to move your feet to block effectively, especially in spread offense. I will also add the backs should take some lessons from Burg 2 backs as they ran hard and downhill all night. Too many times WJ kids run to the hole waiting to get hit rather than running with the intent to run through the hole. They stop moving their feet when hit which will never enable you break or run through tackles as the Burg duo did last week.

Plenty of things to work on, and need to send a message this week by defending home turf.

Closer to game day. Will be interesting to see how the boys respond to the whoopin they took last week. The line was a complete disappointment last Friday night. I'd like to put some blame on the running backs because honestly it didn't look like they ran too hard either. But t all starts with the lineman on both sides of the ball. Let's see how they respond this week.

Last Friday night the wj defense only gave up 27 plays to the Burg!
Only problem was that Burg avg. 15.3 yards per play.
The defense allowed 395 yards rushing on just 23 carries (17.2 ypc). WOW!

Bright spots in the game, wj did put up 356 yards of total offense against the #3 team in D-6.
Lampbert did have a good night throwing the ball going 19 - 27 for 258 yards and 2 TD's.

The Warriors of Adena will come in fired up but I think that wj will be playing a much better game then last week.

Reading prior posts on this thread, wj is bigger then most years but a little slower then most years.
The O-line needs to block until the whistle blows! That's their coach's fault!
And yes, the RB's need to hit the hole hard, period! Also coaches!

Burg's defense last week I seen #10 play spy most of the night on Lampbert, nobody could spy on him when he was on offense.
You could usually see at least 1 or 2 players from Burg not doing anything but spying the qb keeper to the outside or take the rb if he got the ball to the outside.
That means that Burg was able to handle wj with just 9 guys on most plays.
PATHETIC!
Well, let's just hope things improve!
I think that this years team has heart, they just have to play with more intensity like they know how to do when they wear the Brown & Gold!

They are also a very young bunch so inexperience is playing a big role here. Hopefully they coaches made some adjustments to not only the players but also to their own mistakes i.e. play calling.

Good luck Riders, here's to a better week of football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SAM, looking forward to the trip to your place, but hope we perform a bit better than the last trip. Love your place on a football Friday night!!!
Good luck to you tonight.

8-0 WJ 6:42 left in the 1st. Botched extra point turned into a two point conversion, Van Hook to Chriszt.

36-0 WJ 4:10 left in the 4th. Dillion just intercepted the ball and ran it in for a score but it was called back on a penalty. WJ ball on the Adena 40.

Much better tonight. Definitely need to clean up the penalties but they looked a lot better.