Foundation Games NBC/FL, are they on, or are they cancelled.

thewho

Question... Boys/Girls Basketball is just around the corner (getting excited).

I was told 2 different things. I was told the FOUNDATION GAMES are done between the NBC/FL. Then today, I was told they are being play and that last years games will be the same, just at the oppositve gym.

So... which one is correct, and if so, does anyone have times and dates of these game and where???

I would assume it would be the same as last year, Girls at 6pm, Boys at 7:30pm. Looking to go watch some hoops, any help, I would appreciate!

I know Louisville and McKinley are planning on playing theirs... haven't heard anything about them being canceled.

Hey LepNation (or any Louisville fan), is it official that the hs gym will be ready that night? Or is the game gonna be at the middle school? Thanks :cool:

Hey LepNation (or any Louisville fan), is it official that the hs gym will be ready that night? Or is the game gonna be at the middle school? Thanks :cool:

Word is that the gym should be done the 17th - which will give the Leps a couple of practices on the new floor before the Dogs come to town.

Coach Siegfried (Boys Coach) has invited me in to tour the place. I'll ask him today and try to get back to you on this. Its done enough for me to go in to take pictures though so I'm assuming its gonna be fine for the foundation games.

He called it "unreal" in his email on the upgrades.

Yeah I had heard not too long ago that everything but the bleachers and scoreboards were done then... I'm sure it'll be a marked improvement on the old gym :)

it's true...Hoover is a really good team, and is DI. West Branch is DII with a lot of young, inexperienced players. They've been playing well together since summer league(I heard they blew out Canfield, and was even with Ravenna), but for some reason, the young players played their worst game/scrimmage since the beginning of summer shootouts/league in June.

First two games of season are home games against Alliance and Canton South. So that should help them out to get a hold of varsity game speed. Their first 5 regular season games are NBC games. Home against Alliance, Canton South, and Louisville, at Marlington, and home against Salem. Young players are going to need to pick it up fast, or it could be a bumpy road in NBC play early on...

I thought "the Branch was supposed to be good this year??? I know Hoover is good but they are the second best in the Fed and West Branch I thought should be the second best in the NBC......D!...D2....Louisville will hang with the Hoover and have their share of wins too

I thought "the Branch was supposed to be good this year??? I know Hoover is good but they are the second best in the Fed and West Branch I thought should be the second best in the NBC......D!...D2....Louisville will hang with the Hoover and have their share of wins too

West Branch has the "potential" to be very good. One of the best freshmen classes in all of NE Ohio this year in my opinion. They were blowing teams out last year in 8th grade (61-12, 41-3, 72-26, 51-22, etc.). The question is how fast can West Branch youngsters get caught up to varsity game speed. If you watch a West Branch game this year, you'll most likely see a freshman point guard and a freshman center get a lot of varsity minutes. They may even be starting...

The seniors on the team will help as well. The sophomores that were freshmen last year will help create some depth, and the juniors that were sophomores last year should have some decent play in role positions. Most arguably the best system in the NBC for girl's basketball. Upperclassmen teach the underclassmen the style of play(defensively and offensively), upperclassmen graduate, and the underclassmen are now upperclassmen and teaching the underclassmen....

Fundamentals are caught at a young age, so that you only have to polish them, and make them focus on scouting info on other teams and other strategic info...

At West Branch, it's almost unheard of that freshmen are in starting lineup on varsity, let alone varsity minutes... Not this year... It's a good thing problem to have, but might have some bumps along the way...

They did very well in the shootouts. I saw them at the WTCBCA shootout at Barberton, and the University of Akron shootout in Akron.

At Barberton, they only lost by a couple points to Cloverleaf, SVSM, Akron Manchester, and Ravenna. They blew out Brecksville like 60-15. Their only blowout loss was to Wadsworth.

At Akron, they lost by 20 to McKinley, close losses to Mayfield and GlenOak, and beat Orrville on Day 1. On Day 2, they blew out Tallmadge, Olmsted Falls, and Brecksville.

At Summer league, I heard they faired very well. They blew out Canfield which kind of surprised me. They played a lot of Mahoning County/Youngstown area schools in summer league.

The freshmen did very well though. Against teams with not much speed, I think they'll be okay. Teams with more speed with them, will probably give them trouble until the freshmen get used to the game speed at varsity level...

Melinda Trimmer is more of a "traditional" point guard than Brandi Snyder was, but Trimmer can shoot the three, and drive to the hoop as well. She was in the Elks national finals free throw competition a few years ago...

Pavin Heath reminds me a lot of what Wingett did last year for West Branch. Just a little more quicker and to be honest, she's better described as a Libertore type than a Wingett type...

Heath and Trimmer are very fundamental, as is this whole West Branch girl's basketball program. All the way from the youth level to the varsity level...

it's true...Hoover is a really good team, and is DI. West Branch is DII with a lot of young, inexperienced players. They've been playing well together since summer league(I heard they blew out Canfield, and was even with Ravenna), but for some reason, the young players played their worst game/scrimmage since the beginning of summer shootouts/league in June.

I completely understand the youth thing but I'm not buying the 'they lost to hoover by 50 but 'hung with' Ravenna). Granted scrimmages don't mean much score-wise and aren't usually played in true game conditions, but Ravenna is a very good team so the two statements just don't jive.

McK over a game Louisville squad by 16 ... Louisville lead by 7 at half and was only down 1 entering the 4th.

Perry won by 30-ish over Minerva (I think? lol)

GlenOak beat Carrollton close.

Lake beat Marlington by 7-10 I think... it was a fun scrimmage/game. Lake's freshman post who moved in this summer is gonna be special.