Fort Loramie

I thought the scoring was interesting from all schools (not sure if coaches vote or athletic directors, kind of like how many colleges vote). Anyway, I did notice Fort Loramie voted exactly like Joe Eitels point scoring and probably not how good certain teams are relative to one another. I doubt any coaches watch all game films on all teams in region and vote more for their league or tradition. So not to offend anyone if you did not watch game film is to vote via a point system that has been used in the past since this is the first time schools could vote and rank for playoff seeding. I will not throw their coach under the bus yet about his integrity. Also, I doubt that vote would influence New Bremen making it to where they want to get to. At some point they are going to have play the best teams to get to state!

I disagree. In a football game the object is to win. In a seeding vote the objective is to properly place teams in a bracket based on perceived strength. Coaches that ‘exploit’ these votes are doing a disservice to the process. It’s self-serving and not a good example. I’d like to see Press Pros or another media outlet press coaches on their questionable votes.

Which one do you chose if you're a coach:
  • Create a tournament with the best seeding possible to create the fairest bracket
  • Create the best possible path for your team to navigate the post season
I think its really really hard to do both. But the OHSAA is asking for bullet #1, and your players are asking (not directly probably) for bullet #2. Hard.

Which one do you chose if you're a coach:
  • Create a tournament with the best seeding possible to create the fairest bracket
  • Create the best possible path for your team to navigate the post season
I think its really really hard to do both. But the OHSAA is asking for bullet #1, and your players are asking (not directly probably) for bullet #2. Hard.
Look at what happened in R25. You really think it is understandable for a coach to rank quite possibly the worst team in the region at #1?

New Bremen is probably a pretty good football team, but what have they done to prove it? The teams they beat have a combined 3-12 record. Is losing to Marion & Coldwater enough to get you the 3 seed? If New Bremen beats Versailles this weekend, they obviously deserve to be looked at as one of the best teams in the region. If not, could they be seeded too high?

New Bremen is probably a pretty good football team, but what have they done to prove it? The teams they beat have a combined 3-12 record. Is losing to Marion & Coldwater enough to get you the 3 seed? If New Bremen beats Versailles this weekend, they obviously deserve to be looked at as one of the best teams in the region. If not, could they be seeded too high?
Same thing said last year.

In the limited 5 games that we have to put the rankings together, I absolutely think that you can take into account the losses a team has and look at who they played and how bad they lost. Who in R28 do you think should be ahead of New Bremen and could beat them? Keep in mind the #1 team in the Region beat New Bremen 21-13 at Marion Local....

Remember, these guys are fairly new to this. The basketball guys know the internal ramifications of the seeding room. Its a weird political game sometimes. When a coach burns a few bridges in the community by doing sneaky things, many learn and move forward.

I wish this process could stay around as it just adds another layer to the football season. I am sure there are good reasons for the point system though since not everyone cant qualifies in normal year. I would love this process to continue moving fwd. (Less Reg season games, all in playoffs, continue to play for those who are out). But, it basically ruins conference championships (Which mean nothing anymore anyways with the split divisions for some of the bigger schools.).

ummm, they knew exactly what they were doing

Why didn't they decide to break the regions down even further like into sections for "sectionals"? For example D7 R28 had 21 teams in total from what I've saw. Why not split those into 10 & 11 team brackets in the same area? Yeah that would suck for all the MAC schools being put together, and the other teams separate, but I think it discourages the bad intentions when coming to vote.

I thought the scoring was interesting from all schools (not sure if coaches vote or athletic directors, kind of like how many colleges vote). Anyway, I did notice Fort Loramie voted exactly like Joe Eitels point scoring and probably not how good certain teams are relative to one another. I doubt any coaches watch all game films on all teams in region and vote more for their league or tradition. So not to offend anyone if you did not watch game film is to vote via a point system that has been used in the past since this is the first time schools could vote and rank for playoff seeding. I will not throw their coach under the bus yet about his integrity. Also, I doubt that vote would influence New Bremen making it to where they want to get to. At some point they are going to have play the best teams to get to state!
You make an excellent point. I didn’t realize Loramie voted precisely on points alone, and if they did so I’ll give them a pass. It’s definitely one way to do it that shouldn’t offend anyone, once their method is understood.

I wouldn't read too much into Loramie voting the way they did as disrespect or being scared of anyone.

1. The votes do line up directly how Joe Eitel ranks them
- whether you agree with it or not, its how every other year would have been done......
2. I doubt FL was scared of NB being in their side of the bracket.
- FL plays Minster, SH last year and they have Minster, and Versailles on the schedule next year

Now is it how I would have voted....NO i would have voted
1. ML
2. FL
3. NB
4. SH
5-22- I would have put teams in a hat and pulled them out in random order because at the end of the day it does not matter.

To be honest those are the only 4 teams that have a shot at winning the region. I think Riverside being 5 is a joke.

The way FL's coach voted I believe was just the easy way out, you didn't have to take sides or play politics, he just quickly did it and wasn't worried about the ramifications.

I wouldn't read too much into Loramie voting the way they did as disrespect or being scared of anyone.

1. The votes do line up directly how Joe Eitel ranks them
- whether you agree with it or not, its how every other year would have been done......
2. I doubt FL was scared of NB being in their side of the bracket.
- FL plays Minster, SH last year and they have Minster, and Versailles on the schedule next year

Now is it how I would have voted....NO i would have voted
1. ML
2. FL
3. NB
4. SH
5-22- I would have put teams in a hat and pulled them out in random order because at the end of the day it does not matter.

To be honest those are the only 4 teams that have a shot at winning the region. I think Riverside being 5 is a joke.

The way FL's coach voted I believe was just the easy way out, you didn't have to take sides or play politics, he just quickly did it and wasn't worried about the ramifications.

I would say that's probably a great excuse to use. That being said, who actually buys that excuse? Let's face it - Computer points have serves as a good guide, but certainly has it's flaws.

You make an excellent point. I didn’t realize Loramie voted precisely on points alone, and if they did so I’ll give them a pass. It’s definitely one way to do it that shouldn’t offend anyone, once their method is understood.

Well shoot, all this logic and common sense takes the intrigue out this Loramie voting business. I was really hoping maybe bigkat might take this to heart, and put in the extra work to improve his coach tossing distances.

New Bremen drops Fort Loramie from their schedule cause they can't beat them, and now "Fort Loramie is ducking New Bremen!" ? ?

I like this format and wish it would become permanent, you see this occasionally in basketball and other sports; makes good water cooler talk. I do think it shows that he has some fear of the Cards, or he honestly believes they aren’t that good? I also find it interesting that New Miami, who has played NB and Fort the last two years in the playoffs, voted NB higher.
just a feeling he figured it would benefit his program.... would be interesting to find out the reason

The voting was just another game, just like the ones played on the football field. Don't blame the coaches for treating the vote the same way they would treat a game. Look for weaknesses and how to exploit them.
I will go by what Serpico said....

I actually think it’s interesting that Loramie was the only one who voted straight computer points, I also think Bremen will use this as motivation if they do face Loramie. I’m not really sure if 15-18 old kids really care. The MAC always says we are the best, this is definitely the season to prove it.

Tri-Village 2020 Champs.

What great job by the coaching staff to win on the road and not worry about Redskins reputation. Damn shocking. Congratulations New Madison.

Not to take anything away from Tri-village, but was wondering if Loramie had any injuries to key players tonight that may have had an impact on tonight’s game.

This result was mind blowing to me. Both teams were fully healthy but Fort Loramie beat Tri Village 69-6 last year. And by most accounts, the average football fan would say Loramie is better than last year. This has to go down as one of the greatest upsets in OHSAA history. Absolutely crazy. Tri Village will earn their path through the playoffs though. Riverside, then Marion Local then a rematch with Loramie. They could lose any of those. But congrats Patriots. Soak it in. This is the biggest win they've ever had in their short history. 60 points put up against a punishing defense like Loramie?

This result was mind blowing to me. Both teams were fully healthy but Fort Loramie beat Tri Village 69-6 last year. And by most accounts, the average football fan would say Loramie is better than last year. This has to go down as one of the greatest upsets in OHSAA history. Absolutely crazy. Tri Village will earn their path through the playoffs though. Riverside, then Marion Local then a rematch with Loramie. They could lose any of those. But congrats Patriots. Soak it in. This is the biggest win they've ever had in their short history. 60 points put up against a punishing defense like Loramie?
i have heard that the Skins have some kids that are injured? so is that true?

And NB blasts Versailles. They played CW and ML tough early on. Does not matter...this is Loramie division to lose.

Looks like Loramie lost 2-3 starters last night early in the game. One being Max Hoying at LB. That probably was a huge loss plugging the middle.

Come on. Injuries are part of the game. TV deserves 100% credit for beating a program like Loramie. Congrats to the Patriots.
No kidding.... I cringed when I read that. Props to Tri Village for the incredible job they did last night... they proved they are a very dangerous team heading into the playoffs. I believe everyone will be giving them a lot more respect after that one.

I still find interesting how the MAC homers with how some coaches voted and their integrity. Yet, St. Henry voted Lehman 5 and Riverside 12, even though Riverside beat Lehman 39-7 in week 2. It goes both ways, evidently not a lot of integrity at St. Henry. Even if they’re one of the top schools in the region. That’s a deliberate move, and the fact those two teams played head to head, tells you what you need to know. Just saying, I know the MAC tends to be holier than thou, but that’s a bad look in my opinion.

Congrats to Tri Village on the big win! Did not see that one coming.