Fort Loramie

Yes. There are a few teams that will likely give them a good game. However, Loramie stands a very good shot at running the table.

Even though Loramie smoked Minster earlier this season, Minster has ended Loramie's season the last couple years. I agree though, Loramie is looking very lethal right now.

From what I hear, they are loaded for the foreseeable future as well.

After thinking about your question some more, I actually doubt the likelihood is above 50% that anyone gets within 20 points (Anna lost by 15) but it seems when I have followed teams that have enormous point differentials some team somewhere pulls out a "junk" game plan meant to confuse and slow down a team like Loramie and it works. Not necessarily enough to get a win, but enough to make it a 20 point game.

After looking again across the state at D4, there are few teams with the athletes needed to get within 20 of Loramie. I still say yes, but put the likelihood well below 50%, history just tells me they will have to work somewhere along the way.

Fort Loramie's notable wins this season:
Marion Local (18-4) 80-28 W
Minster (17-5) 47-19 W
Versailles (16-8) 63-42 W
West Liberty Salem (14-6) 46-13 W
New Knoxville (15-7) 60-26 W
Loudonville (16-6) 79-19 W
Anna (17-6) 56-24 W
Anna (17-6) 61-44 W

Total record of teams beaten: 130-48

Average score of 62-27 against the best teams on Fort Loramie's schedule.

Could they be tested by a Franklin Monroe possibly? After watching them play I don’t know too many teams who could hang with them for 4 quarters!!! Maybe a half, but they are just so good at wearing teams down!!!! Also these girls got a major chip on there shoulders having been denied State opportunity the last 3 to 4 years in Volleyball and Basketball!!!! They are hungry

Could they be tested by a Franklin Monroe possibly? After watching them play I don’t know too many teams who could hang with them for 4 quarters!!! Maybe a half, but they are just so good at wearing teams down!!!! Also these girls got a major chip on there shoulders having been denied State opportunity the last 3 to 4 years in Volleyball and Basketball!!!! They are hungry
Anna, Versailles, Minster and Marion Local are each as good as Franklin Monroe in my opinion. Fort Frye was the team I thought might throw a wrinkle at them and get within 20, but do not see many ways other than injury or illness that this team does not collect gold.

If I'm their coach I am saying much more humble things and playing one game at a time, but what a machine.

First two tournament games:
(4-20) Ansonia 90-12 W
(13-11) Riverside 66-6 W

Things really ratchet up in the next round facing Franklin Monroe whose record sits at 22-2.

First two tournament games:
(4-20) Ansonia 90-12 W
(13-11) Riverside 66-6 W

Things really ratchet up in the next round facing Franklin Monroe whose record sits at 22-2.
I would say somewhere around 70-30. FM has a great record but has not faced a very difficult schedule. Loramie is just at a different level. Just looked up common opponents and from those scores I would have to say a 40 point differential may actually be conservative.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't see anyone touching them...I hate to say that, but they are so deep. It's not like they are relying on 1 or 2 girls.

Will anyone even come with in 20 pts. of the Redskins in the tourney ?
I took the field and turned out correct. Must say I am surprised Franklin Monroe got within 14 of them. Still believe Ft Loramie cruises to champion of D4, but one game at a time. Did FM play them strait up or did they hold the ball slowing down the game?

I would have loved to seen my Hawks played Fort Loramie in the, classic in the country this season,instead of that Shelby team we played,it would have been a whale of a game,FL didn't get anything out of traveling that far to play a Loudonville team that is not good and league schedule is weak

I would have loved to seen my Hawks played Fort Loramie in the, classic in the country this season,instead of that Shelby team we played,it would have been a whale of a game,FL didn't get anything out of traveling that far to play a Loudonville team that is not good and league schedule is weak

Hiland and Fort Loramie would have been an amazing game - as would have been Shelby and Loudonville. There were definitely some mis-matches this year at the Classic. If you mix those two games up - even with the injuries/flu involved - the two new games would have been much closer.

I took the field and turned out correct. Must say I am surprised Franklin Monroe got within 14 of them. Still believe Ft Loramie cruises to champion of D4, but one game at a time. Did FM play them strait up or did they hold the ball slowing down the game?
Watched only the first half. FL jumped out early but the Jets came back on some three pointers. All these games start running together after a long day of BB. I think the Jets actually got the lead in the second period and FL got it back right before the buzzer. I think 20-19 at half. One thing I noticed was the Jets were not intimidated by the double teams and presses even though they lost the ball a few times. The Jets have a lot of seniors and that helped.

Having seen FL twice I agree that they are a very good team that plays terrific defense and are well coached. She can change players and the same things happen time after time. They all know their assignments. If there is a weakness it could be their shooting. Their press got them a ton of easy baskets against Riverside but not so many against Franklin.

Finally, the turnouts for these Div IV games is amazing. I am from the Columbus area and even the good Div I programs don't draw that many.

Watched only the first half. FL jumped out early but the Jets came back on some three pointers. All these games start running together after a long day of BB. I think the Jets actually got the lead in the second period and FL got it back right before the buzzer. I think 20-19 at half. One thing I noticed was the Jets were not intimidated by the double teams and presses even though they lost the ball a few times. The Jets have a lot of seniors and that helped.

Having seen FL twice I agree that they are a very good team that plays terrific defense and are well coached. She can change players and the same things happen time after time. They all know their assignments. If there is a weakness it could be their shooting. Their press got them a ton of easy baskets against Riverside but not so many against Franklin.

Finally, the turnouts for these Div IV games is amazing. I am from the Columbus area and even the good Div I programs don't draw that many.
Someone said 20 some years ago that in southwest Ohio d4 and d3 rural public schools had the highest average attendance followed by large suburban districts for girls games. Suspect that is still true?

Hoping for a Dalton/Fort Loramie semi final...I've seen Dalton several times over the last few years...never seen FL - should be a good one though I'd think.....

Someone said 20 some years ago that in southwest Ohio d4 and d3 rural public schools had the highest average attendance followed by large suburban districts for girls games. Suspect that is still true?
My large suburban school played 4 of their 11 home games against 4 Div I regional finalist. I estimate 150-300 was the typical attendance. One of those regional teams brought about 10 people.

I'm not sure the actual numbers, but here's a picture of the Franklin Monroe fans during the Fort Loramie District Championship game. That's a lot of support from a small community. That's Troy's HS gym, and there aren't many empty seats.

I don't see Dalton getting past Cornerstone.
Solely going on what I've seen from Dalton for the last 3 years - this is their 3rd consecutive trip to regionals and this is the best team they've had in the 3 years.....They lost to Cornerstone by 6 last year and this years Dalton team would beat last years soundly....we shall see though!

FM does a great job with community support. Miami East does as well and of course Shelby and MAC conference schools.
I've seen some pictures from the Tri Village girls games, and they have a massive crowd as well. I expect them to have a massive crowd at Vandalia Butler for their Regional Semifinal game tomorrow night.

Hoping for a Dalton/Fort Loramie semi final...I've seen Dalton several times over the last few years...never seen FL - should be a good one though I'd think.....
I dont believe it would be a "good one".
If you have not seen Ft. Loramie, I dont believe you realize what they would do to disrupt Dalton. Cornerstone last year thought they had a chance against Minster and FL is better than Minster last year.

I dont believe it would be a "good one".

If you have not seen Ft. Loramie, I dont believe you realize what they would do to disrupt Dalton. Cornerstone last year thought they had a chance against Minster and FL is better than Minster last year.
Have you seen Dalton play? I'm betting that you haven't....I'd say it's probably best to let them play it out and see if both teams even make it there. I'd imagine FL was feeling pretty good about themselves last year when they came in ranked #1 too....right up until the time that they lost....

I may be wrong about it being a "good one"....as i've said, i have not seen FL play.....but I doubt at this stage of the tournament that a teams can be as disruptive as you think they're going to be....especially when they're playing against a guard dominant team.....

Point 1 - I have watched six regional semifinal games this week and, yes, teams are being exceptionally disruptive to normally very good teams and players.

Point 2 - I have seen both teams play and I would give the strong advantage to FL. However, if they do meet-up, I will be rooting for the Bulldogs.

As a matter of fact, I will be watching Dalton tonight in their semifinal against Cornerstone Christian. The Perry regional appears quite solid again this year with three of the usual suspects - Dalton, Cornerstone and Buckeye Central. BC is the only team I haven’t seen this year so far, but I can say they will have their hands full with McDonald - there is no clown in that group of girls. Good luck to all!

Have you seen Dalton play? I'm betting that you haven't....I'd say it's probably best to let them play it out and see if both teams even make it there. I'd imagine FL was feeling pretty good about themselves last year when they came in ranked #1 too....right up until the time that they lost....

I may be wrong about it being a "good one"....as i've said, i have not seen FL play.....but I doubt at this stage of the tournament that a teams can be as disruptive as you think they're going to be....especially when they're playing against a guard dominant team.....
I'm sure Dalton is a fine team. I do think Loramie will disrupt with their size, but how is their transition game? Short of being able to create turnovers and beat FL back down the floor they will not come close IMO. Half court game , nobody is knocking off Loramie this year. Can a team find ways to compete, absolutely.

Here's my point - I think Dalton is a good team that is not likely to get blown out like some think. 2017 was a 4 point regional semis loss, 2018 was an 8 point regional finals loss, and 2019 was a 6 point regional finals loss. Their core players are all still there and they are a Junior and Senior laden team (their best player is a senior and she's been their best player for all 4 regional trips).....they are better than they've ever been, very experienced and I don't know that they've lost a game in 4 years by more than 10 points (some really good battles with D3 perennial power Chippewa).....all i'm saying is, I'd be shocked if they aren't in every game they play regardless of the outcome....

Fort Loramie beats Danville 84-24 to advance to the Regional Finals. That's about the most lopsided score I've ever seen for a game as far into the tournament as the Regionals.