Fort Loramie Vs Covington

Redskin Man

What are everyone thoughts on this game? Basically CCC championship game !! Can Covington hang with Loramie I imagine they will be a hungry bunch with how they lost last year? Any places to watch the game outside the stadium since attendance is limited?

The Buccs lost a lot of starters from last year.... i'll take the Shelby county FORT.... 35-14

What are everyone thoughts on this game? Basically CCC championship game !! Can Covington hang with Loramie I imagine they will be a hungry bunch with how they lost last year? Any places to watch the game outside the stadium since attendance is limited?
My understanding is that this game is the Thursday Night Lights game in the Miami Valley so this game will be on TV Thursday night.

I'm with Joe. Loramie could play with many in the MAC, Covington not so much. Does not mean it could not be close, but I think a running clock is the primary reason this game will not be more than a 30 point margin.

I would love to see a Tri Village vs Covington game. That would be #2 CCC offense vs #2 CCC defense. Loramie has #1 both sides of ball so baring unexpected turnovers they will roll over both Covington and Tri Village.

As someone else mentioned , channel 7 ME TV (7.2 over air) will be carrying the Thursday night game, a great alternative to that other conference pitting some Cincinnati team vs some Cleveland team.

I think this is the game of the year in the CCC (at least the 2 best teams). I think Covington is going to put up more of a fight than any other team in the conference. Covington lost a lot but I do believe that the team is improving a lot each week. There will be no other team in the league to step on the field with the offensive/defensive lines and defense that Covington has, which is why I'm still putting Covington quite a bit ahead of Tri Village as the 2nd best team in the conference.

With that being said, Covington may keep this close early on, but I think Fort Loramie will pull this one out very convincingly. I'm going FL 42 Covington 14.

This game will air on Thursday Night Lights on MyTV Dayton (WRGT 45.2, Spectrum channel 995).

NOT on Me TV 7.2, it's on MyTV Dayton (WRGT 45.2 Spectrum 995) at 7 pm on Thursday.

As someone else mentioned , channel 7 ME TV (7.2 over air) will be carrying the Thursday night game, a great alternative to that other conference pitting some Cincinnati team vs some Cleveland team.

I actually think Fort Loramie is head and shoulders above the other teams in the CCC. I'm going with:

Fort Loramie 42
Covington 14

I don't see Loramie getting to 40+ in this one unless covington turns the ball over. FL is still searching for people to make plays other than their two bruising running backs and qb. They are not blessed with the type of athletes they have had in the past. They are big upfront, but they need to find some consistent play makers on the outside.

Covington has gotten better but they have had a very good schedule to help them. Still suprised they only scored 28 on Bethel, but they hae had it going the last two weeks. Loramie put up 47 on ME and Covington put up 43 so pretty comparable. However FL scored 54 in 3 quarters against Bethel scoring 28.

FL defense has pitched two shutouts, might as well be three Bethel got a garbage touchdown late. Dont think the bucs will score enough to be competitive.

FL 35
Covington 7

I don't see Loramie getting to 40+ in this one unless covington turns the ball over. FL is still searching for people to make plays other than their two bruising running backs and qb. They are not blessed with the type of athletes they have had in the past. They are big upfront, but they need to find some consistent play makers on the outside.

Covington has gotten better but they have had a very good schedule to help them. Still suprised they only scored 28 on Bethel, but they hae had it going the last two weeks. Loramie put up 47 on ME and Covington put up 43 so pretty comparable. However FL scored 54 in 3 quarters against Bethel scoring 28.

FL defense has pitched two shutouts, might as well be three Bethel got a garbage touchdown late. Dont think the bucs will score enough to be competitive.

FL 35
Covington 7
I predicted Fort Loramie 42 Covington 21 in the CCC thread for this game. I agree that may be too much offense for both teams in this game. I watched Covington vs. TVS last week, so take that for what it is, because I know TVS is bad. The 2 things that stood out to me was Covingtons defense, and their skill players. I knew Covington lost a lot and I think I expected a little more of a decline. I still don't think they are a threat to beat Fort Loramie, but they may be able to keep it close and interesting for a while. On their home field, in the prime time of Thursday Night Lights, I'd guess their kids come out fired up. As will FL I'm sure...

Seger
Ruhenkamp
Brandewie
Mescher--have not seen his name in the papers--maybe he was a senior too

all were their top skill players last year all are gone...

Covington 7
Fort Loramie 0

Covington moved the ball down the field on the ground. Fort Loramie about to get their first possession.

Covington 7
Fort Loramie 21

A passing TD to #81.#81 is a big strong and fast WR that is 6’4, 200 pounds. Very impressive. He’s got 4-5 catches already and probably over 100 yards. 8 min left in 2nd.

Covington 7
Fort Loramie 27 (missed PAT)

#81 with another long TD reception. Fort Loramie also fumbled a punt and gave Covington good field position. FL defense then stepped up and forced a turnover on downs.