Fort Frye Open Dates

What is the current schedule for next year? So far I have found...

FORT FRYE
3 - Waterford
6 - Glouster-Trimble

I think Week 5 might be Williamstown (WV), but no one has updated Arbiter since OHSAA has moved Week 1 to starting a week earlier.

What is the current schedule for next year? So far I have found...

FORT FRYE
3 - Waterford
6 - Glouster-Trimble

I think Week 5 might be Williamstown (WV), but no one has updated Arbiter since OHSAA has moved Week 1 to starting a week earlier.

They got Warren WK 5 at home ,Williamstown is now WK 10 @ Williamstown.

In talks with Logan and Waverly.

looking for more games.

I think Bellaire has a few openings next fall there athletic director is very lazy contact him , the easier you make it the quicker he will accept, he prefers away games so he doesn't have to put in much effort.

I think Bellaire has a few openings next fall there athletic director is very lazy contact him , the easier you make it the quicker he will accept, he prefers away games so he doesn't have to put in much effort.

I think we’ve already asked them.

Unfortunately Fort Frye is seeing one of the side effects of success. Getting open dates filled seem to be tougher with success. Fort Frye will have to look at playing higher Division schools and schools that out of the Southeast Ohio area. Higher division schools will take a chance with Fort Frye because of possibility of 2nd Level points Fort Frye may provide. Columbus City League teams usually are looking for non league foes. Clinton Massie has had to travel all over the state to fill non league games. Kirtland played 2 Divsion I schools this year to get games in.

Last year arbiter had West Holmes playing at Philo week 2 of 2021. I don't see it on Philo's arbiter anymore, so Philo might have an opening week 2. Or they are still playing and it just got taken off arbiter with all the covid crazy changes.

Unfortunately Fort Frye is seeing one of the side effects of success. Getting open dates filled seem to be tougher with success. Fort Frye will have to look at playing higher Division schools and schools that out of the Southeast Ohio area. Higher division schools will take a chance with Fort Frye because of possibility of 2nd Level points Fort Frye may provide. Columbus City League teams usually are looking for non league foes. Clinton Massie has had to travel all over the state to fill non league games. Kirtland played 2 Divsion I schools this year to get games in.
It’s called living in BFE, bad facilities, and no league. Fort Frye, Warren, and Marietta basically have no league and are by each other.

I believe Ridgewood reached out to FF on more than one occasion over the last couple years when FF had had open dates. FF did not seem interested.

With so many open dates I got bored and created some matchups based on who is open.
WK1 Fort Frye vs Waverly I think this one would be fun to watch and could be competitive with a lot of Harbin points on the line
WK1 Fort Frye vs Clinton Massie Another step up in class but A win and you get crazy Harbin's

WK2 Fort Frye vs Jonathan Alder- Playing the big boys of small school football shows you where you really stand.
WK2 Fort Frye vs Archbold- Getting out of your own area can do the kids well.

WK 4 Fort Frye vs Symmes Valley two solid programs
WK 4 Fort Frye vs Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy - Prep is on their way up and with their QB they would provide A real threat

W7 7 Fort Frye vs Fort Loramie Would be one to go see

WK 8 Fort Frye vs Buckeye Valley Was not A lot to pick from

WK 9 Fort Frye vs Logan- Not much to choose from

WK 10 Fort Frye vs Edon- Slim pickings but they did win 6 games this year.

Thoughts?

Looks like a schedule that will prepare FF to lose to Springfield again next year in state semifinals if they get that far.

Symmes Valley wouldn’t be a good game at all. Yes they have a good program but they play in conference that frankly is not very good at all. FF would get computer points yes but not tested.
Like many good SE Ohio programs one of their biggest issues is travel. To get anywhere to play a really good program your probably talking a 2-3 hour trip and many school administrators are just not willing to pony up that kind of travel money. I know a few schools have traveled to play a few teams but to do it constantly is hard. And there are not many D2/3 or private schools in SE Ohio. Not making excuses for them whatsoever because it seems they are trying but dang it seems to be a tough spot.

To be honest, I am intrigued by FF's defense in holding NMS and that stellar QB to only 16 points.
Mogadore held them to 21, which I though was darn impressive as well. But you can’t win if you don’t score a point. Mogadore’s offense seemed to out of sink all year, lack of an effective passing game caught up with them against a great team.

Mogadore held them to 21, which I though was darn impressive as well. But you can’t win if you don’t score a point. Mogadore’s offense seemed to out of sink all year, lack of an effective passing game caught up with them against a great team.
And 7 of those points came at the end of the game on an interception...Springfield had a great team...wish they'd won it all.

If FF can put forth that sort of defense then I would put the FF and NMS winner in the playoffs next year as the favorite to win it all in D6.

They had a pretty good showing against K-land a few years ago as well. K-land pulled away a little at the end but it was close in the 4th