Former Huddle Members

Yep. I joined the Huddle in '99 as Tigerz. Was given a lifetime ban from JJ himself for calling creepy posters pedophiles as they inappropriately commented on a bunch of ten year old girls that were brought out in Dallas Cowboy cheerleader uniforms for a halftime show.
Newarkcatholicfan? Or did he just like JH girls who played basketball?

I got reprimanded but not banned too long for political education through fairy tales.
I remember when doppelganger hit a Bigfoot in eastern Ohio on his cross country tour.
I went stealth and chopped corn from dangerous intersections upon request.
Found out bethy worked for my wife....I could go on...
Good times.

Last edited:
I got reprimanded but not banned too long for political education through fairy tales.
I remember when doppelganger hit a Bigfoot in eastern Ohio on his cross country tour.
I went stealth and chopped corn from dangerous intersections upon request.
Found out bethy worked for my wife....I could go on...
Good times.

Sounds more like themaconline.com.

Thought Doppleganger hit the legendary Mothman.

Interesting

People complain about oversight at the Huddle, yet it took about 5 times for this thread to finally stick after it was deleted several times.

Anyone know why?

There was a pretty long stretch where the Huddle's servers would crash every Friday night during football season. They thought by going to a pay system it would ease the strain on the servers , which worked because there was hardly anyone left. It came done to a choice, did people want to be on Yappi for free or the pay to be on the Huddle. That decision was a classic no brainer.

I got my start on JJHuddle and had over 15,000 posts on there before moving exclusively to Yappi. They really killed their board when they did the pay-to-post model.

My favorite Huddle story is I got banned from Huddle because of something I post on Yappi. ? I posted something like Yappi is still better than Huddle. and less than 10 minutes after I posted that comment, I got an email from Huddle that if I liked Yappi so much then just stay there because I had been banned from Huddle. It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

My favorite Huddle story is I got banned from Huddle because of something I post on Yappi. ? I posted something like Yappi is still better than Huddle. and less than 10 minutes after I posted that comment, I got an email from Huddle that if I liked Yappi so much then just stay there because I had been banned from Huddle. It still makes me laugh when I think about it.
Want to say something ike that happened to me as well over the years with them. THey were so paranoid of everything.
We had a local board for the MAC that was doing well and even they warned, and banned me, for telling someone on the huddle about the site.

I was on huddle under my same name. The track & cross country boards had some awesome discussions and some really good posters. Very few of them transitioned to Yappi. I miss the fun we had.

I was on huddle under my same name. The track & cross country boards had some awesome discussions and some really good posters. Very few of them transitioned to Yappi. I miss the fun we had.

yj, do you remember Mr. TrackMski? I enjoyed his discussions of "DQ moments" in the track threads, and he was a pretty funny poster in the political threads as well.

I did meet him in person at an invitational once. I was chatting with the high jump official, just happened to see his name badge, and made the connection. Plus, he had a small photo of himself as his Huddle avatar and that helped with the recognition.

looks like a Facebook page has been started too. Obviously it wont be like that, but maybe for huddle members to reconnect via Facebook...

yj, do you remember Mr. TrackMski? I enjoyed his discussions of "DQ moments" in the track threads, and he was a pretty funny poster in the political threads as well.

I did meet him in person at an invitational once. I was chatting with the high jump official, just happened to see his name badge, and made the connection. Plus, he had a small photo of himself as his Huddle avatar and that helped with the recognition.
I do remember that name. I used to enjoy meeting huddle people at meets.

Yup, same name there. Joined the huddle in the late 90s? or maybe around 2000ish, soon after it started.

Was on Huddle for many years and even though I never came face to face with others I came to feel like we were friends. Miss some of the people that did not make the change to Yappi. In truth I never have felt the friendship of posters on yappi like I did on JJ, but since JJ is gone Yappi is now my favorite.

I was on the Huddle for a long time and was suspended once for using the abbrevation WGH for Warren Harding. The only abbreviation allowed was ASVSM and when I protested the idiocy of this Huddle rule, I was suspended.

Yep, I was on there, the political debates were just a fierce as they can be on here. The one difference was that for sports, there were a lot more central Ohio people than there seems to be here.

Just finished reading through this thread. Thought I had posted here a long time ago, or was that a thread that was deleted? At any rate I was there for quite some time. Remember play off time and the nights when my team wasn't playing or after they had lost out and getting on a thread where there was a poster giving updates during the game. I'd read the post and then hit refresh for the next one. A poster, something like "bigredbandmom" or such, had a really good game narrative.

Not lifetime, but I spent many enjoyable years at the Huddle (different name, though). There were some great people who posted there (one that I particularly miss is Lancer, who lived in BG I believe). As 19AL63 has said, there was more of a tone of respect and friendship there than exists here.
Unfortunately, it did go downhill quickly in the last couple of years. It's definitely good to see several of my old mates over here.