Former High School Stars in Professional Baseball

pcbuck

TJ Brock (RHP) from Ohio State and Cincinnati Country Day/IMG Academy went in the 6th Round, Pick #188 by the Toronto Blue Jays
Mack Anglin (RHP) from Clemson and Sparta Highland HS was picked in the 7th Round, Pick #205 by the Kansas City Royals
AJ Blubaugh (RHP) from Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Clear Fork HS was selected in Round 7, Pick #223 by the Houston Astros
Matt Brosky (RHP) from YSU and Strongsville HS was drafted in Round 8, Pick # 229 by the Texas Rangers

pcbuck

At the All Star Break here's how some of Ohio's finest are performing:

Kyle Schwarber is 2nd in MLB in home runs with 29, trailing only Aaron Judge with 33.
Andrew Benintendi is 5th in MLB in batting average hitting .317.
Schwarber is also 15th in RBI with 58.
Eric Lauer is 37th in MLB in ERA at 3.64.

At the All Star Break here's how some of Ohio's finest are performing:

Kyle Schwarber is 2nd in MLB in home runs with 29, trailing only Aaron Judge with 33.
Andrew Benintendi is 5th in MLB in batting average hitting .317.
Schwarber is also 15th in RBI with 58.
Eric Lauer is 37th in MLB in ERA at 3.64.

I always forget that Benintendi is from Cincinnati.

pcbuck

Andrew Benintendi (Madeira HS) gets traded today from the Royals to the Yankees for 3 minor league pitchers.

Mutant

Anybody know the scoop on Evan White? I know he had hip surgery then hernia surgery, and was rehabbing in minors and I haven’t heard anything since. He’s a good kid. I worked several of his high school games and was always respectful

pcbuck

To update the MLB leaders from Ohio:
Kyle Schwarber (Middletown, Phillies) is 2nd in MLB with 34 HR, trailing only Aaron Judge
He's also 22nd in RBI with 71

Andrew Benintendi (Maderia, Yankees) is 9th in MLB hitting .305.

Chris Bassitt (Genoa, Akron U, Mets) is 27th in ERA at 3.26

Eric Lauer (Midview, Brewers) is 32nd in ERA at 3.44
He's also 28th in wins with 9

pcbuck

With under a week left in the Minor League season, Dominic Canzone (Walsh Jesuit/Ohio State) has had a very nice season.
Dom is currently hitting .301 with 18 HR and 78 RBI. He has spent time in both AA and AAA but 76 of his 94 games have been in AAA Reno.