Forest Fenn treasure found

I hadn't heard of this prior to it being found either.

What other treasures do I need to be looking for?

I have been a part time treasure hunter since I was a kid. I do hunt some when on beach vacations and such but not so serious as it does take some research.
Old maps to find long lost dwellings, forts, supply depots/stores etc. from. Local legends usually have some amount of truth to them, land transactions old court records, military records (some did not return). You will also need a good detector with much practice and some luck.

I have been a part time treasure hunter since I was a kid. I do hunt some when on beach vacations and such but not so serious as it does take some research.
Old maps to find long lost dwellings, forts, supply depots/stores etc. from. Local legends usually have some amount of truth to them, land transactions old court records, military records (some did not return). You will also need a good detector with much practice and some luck.
You ever hunt for the lost Indian treasure of the Shawnee tribe mentioned in the book The Frontiersman by Allen Eckert? Some place it at or under the resivor created at Ceasers Creek.

My sister in law was big into this treasure . She proudly announced about three years ago she new exactly where it was. I was astonished she never went to claim it but chose to allow someone else to find it. Of course as it turned out, she was about a thousand miles off of the true location so guess it's good she sat on her hands on this one.

You ever hunt for the lost Indian treasure of the Shawnee tribe mentioned in the book The Frontiersman by Allen Eckert? Some place it at or under the resivor created at Ceasers Creek.

My sister in law was big into this treasure . She proudly announced about three years ago she new exactly where it was. I was astonished she never went to claim it but chose to allow someone else to find it. Of course as it turned out, she was about a thousand miles off of the true location so guess it's good she sat on her hands on this one.

I never have hunted for that...about a hour and a half away. If I remeber right it was a silver hoard they buried when leaving one of the Chillicothe's (the one near Xenia?) they used that name at many locations. Or the silver mine itself maybe? Did they find it?

I usually just follow local legends and every town/ area has a few if you ask the old timers...old Mr. so and so never liked banks... they say he buried his life savings in gold before he went off to the civil war, to bad he never made it back. Some guy was shot while robbing a bank...he got off the train here and they found him dead over in that woods. Just a few generic examples of the things I am currently hunting.

This is the type of thing that has worked well for me.

No one is admitting they found it. Legend has it when they built the resivor they stopped for a few weeks to remove artifacts that were uncovered while clearing the trees from the area. I suspect that is true, but what artifacts and how many is the question. I have not looked for that treasure, but I like you keep my ears open for a non typical situation and have from time to time been moderately rewarded.

First treasure I found was following the Xenia tornado in 1973. Found a few pieces of currency in the bushes along the road.

Akron has the legend of Schumacher's gold, a treasure left under the streets of downtown Akron by the man who started Quaker Oats.

Find any bodies?
Mostly just parts, teeth etc. last longest, our soil conditions dispose of bones fairly quickly once disturbed. and I do not dig burials. I did find a couple unmarked pioneer/Indian cemetery's out in the middle of a fields because they were on hills that were partially excavated. One was a mass burial from a town during the cholera epidemic of 1848.
I do not dig mounds or burials even when given permission.

My dad told me at the dispensary they had it and the old hippies bought them out in under 4 hours. I had never heard of Acapulco gold before.