For 1st time in OHSAA History a female will place at the HS tournament

There was a girl from Crestwood many years back, her name is escaping me. She didn’t place at state ? She was an outstanding wrestler and I know she at least won a match at state.

There was a girl from Crestwood many years back, her name is escaping me. She didn’t place at state ? She was an outstanding wrestler and I know she at least won a match at state.
she did not place at state, she won a match in consoes but never placed

No, Paige Nemec won a match at state, but did not place.

Congratulations to Olivia Shore who is still wrestling in consolations but has already passed the blood round and will place somewhere between 3rd and 8th at 106 lb in D3.
Would any of you bestowing "Congratulations" on the young lady have a problem with a boy entering the girls tournament and walking through the brackets all divisions, not only D3, at any weight class, not a senior at the lightest weight competing against mostly/all freshman sophomores as a senior? I just dont see the point except being opportunistic based on the parameters, there is no future in her competing against men in this sport with any success at all, once they mature and are not below average in ability within their peers.

Would any of you bestowing "Congratulations" on the young lady have a problem with a boy entering the girls tournament and walking through the brackets all divisions, not only D3, at any weight class, not a senior at the lightest weight competing against mostly/all freshman sophomores as a senior? I just dont see the point except being opportunistic based on the parameters, there is no future in her competing against men in this sport with any success at all, once they mature and are not below average in ability within their peers.
A Boy in Texas a few years ago who was getting hormone injections to become a girl destroyed the all Female Girls Tournament. So theres that.

It's now "opportunistic" to wrestle your weight class? Did anyone say they expect her to make the mens FS team at 57kg? No. People are giving props to a young lady who has set a bar for other young women in the sport to strive for until such time the state sanctions girl's wrestling. The first time in state history a female has made the podium in wrestling. In one of the toughest states in the country. It's unfathomable how someone could NOT be supportive of that. Did you know women could vote now too? Judging by your post you may have been around before that was legal.

Some people just don’t get it!!!
The girls want their own division but until OHSAA joins the other 29 states that have sanctioned, they are left with no choice under current rules. Should Miami East just forfeit 106 or should they put an ultra competitive female out there who just placed at state?

Congratulations on typing the dumbest thing I have read today.

Congratulations on typing the dumbest thing I have read today.
Not nearly as dumb as you believing that a male entering a girls wrestling event and embarrassing them all tech falling them in the first period is also congratulatory.

She definitely deserves accolades... A girl wrestling up in boys varsity is a tremendous accomplishment! I wouldn’t congratulate a boy in the girl’s division for all the reasons stated already.

The whole transgender thing doesn’t apply here although it is something that will need to be addressed... Transgender people are reported to be less than 2% of the population but the push to be inclusive causes confusion and leads to the situation in Texas (or currently in the news in Track and Field). To discuss the merits of that issue would be a topic of unto itself... but here it is not relevant.