For 1st time in OHSAA History a female will place at the HS tournament

One thing I will say is A lot of young female wrestlers look up to her. Because of her and especially her mom Tracy Shore,They I have inspired a lot of young females to even begin wrestling and fall in love with the sport. This is a big celebration for Ohio and in women’s wrestling. Olivia and her mom also played a huge role in getting Ohio their own girls state championship s! Congratulations out to Olivia, the Shore family let’s just celebrate wrestling in general because we are on the rise, men and women and we’re finally starting to get the respect we all deserve!
Good for them ...Keep her wrestling females , not opportunistically wrestling boys that haven't matured that will all beat the snot out of her 2-3 years later.

How'd she do against a lance palmer or David Taylor ??????????/ lolololol And about 300 other good 103's even as freshman they would have piss pounded her. OPPORTUNISTIC. Its the OHSAA'S fault not hers , its ridiculous to allow her in the boys state tourney for at least a dozen reasons. NUMBER 1 ...she's not a boy.
Set back and take notes boys and girls because we are witnessing a masterpiece. I did a decent job last week but sir, you are in a different league. ???

How'd she do against a lance palmer or David Taylor ??????????/ lolololol And about 300 other good 103's even as freshman they would have piss pounded her. OPPORTUNISTIC. Its the OHSAA'S fault not hers , its ridiculous to allow her in the boys state tourney for at least a dozen reasons. NUMBER 1 ...she's not a boy.
Lance palmer and david taylor weren't in her bracket. I bet she would have given it a go though.

Lance palmer and david taylor weren't in her bracket. I bet she would have given it a go though.
Pinned or teched first period all day long. Even as a senior against them as freshman....same story for many many other elite 103's over the years. Its the OHSAA'S FAULT NOT HERS.

The funny thing is, in Ohio....it's not "boys wrestling" or "men's wrestling". It's wrestling. Until such point the OHSAA sanctions a separate "girl's wrestling" tournament deal with it. How is this ANY different than ANY senior who cuts more weight than they should to have a better shot at either qualifying, placing, or winning? Go drink some metamucil papaw and sit in your rocking chair.

Pinned or teched first period all day long. Even as a senior against them as freshman....same story for many many other elite 103's over the years. Its the OHSAA'S FAULT NOT HERS.
Probably so. But they were very, very special. They did it to a lot of really good wrestlers though. She would be in company with hundreds of other wrestlers. So what is your point?

Its real simple...keep her wrestling girls her own age and weight...not opportunistically wrestling boys before they all beat the crap out of her in a few years while theyre 2 years younger and she is almost 19.

Would any of you bestowing "Congratulations" on the young lady have a problem with a boy entering the girls tournament and walking through the brackets all divisions, not only D3, at any weight class, not a senior at the lightest weight competing against mostly/all freshman sophomores as a senior? I just dont see the point except being opportunistic based on the parameters, there is no future in her competing against men in this sport with any success at all, once they mature and are not below average in ability within their peers.

No, because it's not the same. What she accomplished HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN OHIO so yeah, she deserves every accolade she's getting.

Its absolutely the same , there are caveats galore as to why she was able to eek out a place this year. There pretending theyre equal physically. !! So when boys beat the hell out of every girl in the state tourney for girls same thing!
Nobody is pretending they are the same physically -- and that's the point. They aren't physically equal. Since they aren't physically equal, they aren't the same.

You keep saying why doesn't she compete against men in college. Um, she walks around at 111 pounds. She is not a physically big lady. She didn't physically overwhelm any boy to win her matches. She won by using technique. Beautifully hit headlocks.

She didn't "eek" out a place. She placed 6th. Sad you disparage her accomplishment - and therefore the accomplishments of many many others.

She is bold enough to have her name attached to what she says and does. She is one up on you.

Apparently Ms. Shore whooped Oldmans great grandson somewhere along the line.

also it is interesting to note that there were 2 young men seniors in the DivII 106 state bracket. One went 0-2 and the other went 1-2. According to Oldman, they were oppotunistic and should have finished 1st and 2nd. Hmmm, i wonder how that happened.

The Shore family has been fighting for girls to have their own division for years so that girls wouldn't have wrestle boys. Next year you will get your wish when girls wrestling is sanctioned. And also if it was so easy why haven't many girls accomplished this feat? You are just a hater and I fear for anyone you have or ever will coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Shore family has been fighting for girls to have their own division for years so that girls wouldn't have wrestle boys. Next year you will get your wish when girls wrestling is sanctioned. And also if it was so easy why haven't many girls accomplished this feat? You are just a hater and I fear for anyone you have or ever will coach.
This

As someone said, she walks around at about 111 pounds. She is a petite woman. It's not like there haven't been boys that wrestled 106 all 4 years.

You're really just mad that a girl placed, aren't you?
Lets compare the VERY VERY FEW 106 males that competed successfully at 103...106 for 4 years to the girls "success". I can think of 1 D1 runner up and 1 champ in D1 that would have annihilated her . I'm not "mad" she placed ...I know its opportunistic. Weak weight at D3 ...SHES THE ONLY SENIOR. She could never have accomplished this at 113 wrestling sophomores and juniors mostly. She would have never even made it out of districts. Not even close D1 AT 106 EITHER. If its not "oportunistic" she would wrestle boys in college that are mature like her. But we know how fast she would quit and get teched every match.........As her parent the thing to do would have taken her to national GIRLS tournaments and see how far she could go against smiliar competition . There is no reason to compete against boys when opportunistic other than a false sense of gratification.

Lets compare the VERY VERY FEW 106 males that competed successfully at 103...106 for 4 years to the girls "success". I can think of 1 D1 runner up and 1 champ in D1 that would have annihilated her . I'm not "mad" she placed ...I know its opportunistic. Weak weight at D3 ...SHES THE ONLY SENIOR. She could never have accomplished this at 113 wrestling sophomores and juniors mostly. She would have never even made it out of districts. Not even close D1 AT 106 EITHER. If its not "oportunistic" she would wrestle boys in college that are mature like her. But we know how fast she would quit and get teched every match.........As her parent the thing to do would have taken her to national GIRLS tournaments and see how far she could go against smiliar competition . There is no reason to compete against boys when opportunistic other than a false sense of gratification.
she has lost 1 match against girls in the USA in last 5 years. 2x world team member and 5th place finisher at the world championships. 2x girls Fargo champ. 2x boys qualifier and a 1x boys alternate. Do your homework before trying to do nothing but cause harm to an innocent athlete.

she has lost 1 match against girls in the USA in last 5 years. 2x world team member and 5th place finisher at the world championships. 2x girls Fargo champ. 2x boys qualifier and a 1x boys alternate. Do your homework before trying to do nothing but cause harm to an innocent athlete.
Good for her...wont get any easier. Not a lot of participants. Like the boys....yet. Also very few have "experience" like the boys. No hate just truth. Only an imbecile would attempt to say im trying to cause "harm" to an innocent athlete......Everything I said is true about her "accomplishments " against boys. You clowns expect me to heap praise upon her like she beat a top 100 ranked 106 pounder to place against all freshman sophomores as a senior.? Theres a reason she left graham .....and theres a reason she was able to place at d3 the year .

Last edited:
She competes internationally if I am not mistaken.

What you are accusing of her doing is no different than boys that move weights because there is a beast in some weight class. The reality is 106 was her ideal weight because of her size. Not sure how you can't get this through your thick skull but here we are. This wasn't the first year she participated in the state series either.

The lightest weight in college is 125. That weight wouldn't work for her.

So which boy did she beat that you are related to?

Good for her...wont get any easier. Not a lot of participants. Like the boys....yet. Also very few have "experience" like the boys. No hate just truth. Only an imbecile would attempt to say im trying to cause "harm" to an innocent athlete......Everything I said is true about her "accomplishments " against boys. You clowns expect me to heap praise upon her like she beat a top 100 ranked 106 pounder to place against all freshman sophomores as a senior.? Theres a reason she left graham .....and theres a reason she was able to place at d3 the year .
When was she at graham? Jr high?

You sound like someone who lost their starting spot on the high school wrestling team to a transfer.

Would any of you bestowing "Congratulations" on the young lady have a problem with a boy entering the girls tournament and walking through the brackets all divisions, not only D3, at any weight class, not a senior at the lightest weight competing against mostly/all freshman sophomores as a senior? I just dont see the point except being opportunistic based on the parameters, there is no future in her competing against men in this sport with any success at all, once they mature and are not below average in ability within their peers.
So only people with a future in wrestling beyond high school should wrestle? Lol. What insight

Definition of opportunistic - exploiting chances offered by immediate circumstances without reference to a general plan or moral principles

that word you have used 743 times in this thread requires, by definition, a lack of moral principles. Do you know her? Have you spoken to her? Do you know her moral compass personally?

It also requires “immediate” circumstances, not something she has worked for for 12 years.

Time to pick a new word

Again Title IX says you are wrong. For having coached you really don't seem to understand this. You don't have to like it. You can think it is stupid. You can think it is cheating. You can think whatever you want. But until the OHSAA actually sponsors Girls Wrestling (separate State Tourney and all) the law say you are REQUIRED to allow girls to compete in the boys division. Same idea applies to allowing girls to compete in football or any other boys sport without an equivalent girls sport (ie Baseball/Softball).

I have taken the liberty of including the relevant text of Title IX to save you the hassle.

Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 is a federal law that states:
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
Sports are considered an education program and the last time a checked every public school receives a least a little bit of Federal funds and are therefore beholden to this law. Therefore, Olivia and any other girl has every right to be in the boys tourney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't she stay at graham? LOLOLOL. Name the seniors at 106 ???????LOLOL The OHSAA ARE FOOLS TO LET HER IN.
Why do a lot of kids wrestle with certain youth clubs or junior high schools and then make a switch ? I can name a ton of boys who have made the switch to schools where they can be successful!

Kinda strange moderators allow people to disparage olivia but I talk about catholic schools and my posts get locked or removed over and over. Hmm?
Nothing disparaging about the truth, and nothing I said disparages her character. You're forum "army of 5-6 "?? Don't like the truth about her placement and why...too bad. In closing to fortify my point ....How many boys her own age can she beat if in fact she isn't in an opportunistic scenario by weight and division ? ;) Ridiculous to condone girls competing against boys in a combat sport.....even though the "boys" are pre pubescent and 90% are under the age of 16 she occasionally can beat. Those attempting to act like the only reason she isn't wrestling MEN in college is because she is too light?? ...NOT THE FACT SHE WILL NOT ONLY NEVER WIN A MATCH AGAIN AGAINST MEN HER OWNJAGE , SHE WONT MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST PERIOD.....LOL