Flooding at Princeton's Viking Stadium

Wow, that's incredible and disheartening to see. I hope they are able to get the field surface ready in time if there are fall sports, especially with an estimated budget cut of more than 1.4 million for Princeton Schools.

I wonder if once all the water drains off if the intense UV rays from a few hot sunny days would be enough to kill off any bacteria etc. from the flood water. Hopefully there's not a lot of dirt, debris etc. being left behind.

Definitely the last thing a school needs to deal with right now form a facilities standpoint.

I wonder if once all the water drains off if the intense UV rays from a few hot sunny days would be enough to kill off any bacteria etc. from the flood water. Hopefully there's not a lot of dirt, debris etc. being left behind.

Definitely the last thing a school needs to deal with right now form a facilities standpoint.

They will have to do another disinfecting and sanitizing process. Plus, the standing and moving water will redistribute the pellets in the turf, so they will have to get that rectified and tested to make sure there is no hard spots.

Like you said, this is a nightmare from a facilities standpoint.

Wow, that's incredible and disheartening to see. I hope they are able to get the field surface ready in time if there are fall sports, especially with an estimated budget cut of more than 1.4 million for Princeton Schools.

I'm pretty sure they will be able to recruit someone to get it ready!

They will have to do another disinfecting and sanitizing process. Plus, the standing and moving water will redistribute the pellets in the turf, so they will have to get that rectified and tested to make sure there is no hard spots.

Like you said, this is a nightmare from a facilities standpoint.

Do schools get insurance for incidents such as this?

last time it happened insurance picked up the bill, I’m sure with the new Ad in place everything will be cleaned the right way

last time it happened insurance picked up the bill, I’m sure with the new Ad in place everything will be cleaned the right way

The guy that didn't bother attending the interview for a Varsity Head Coaching position at a previous school? No offense but it get's done it'll be because a very dedicated maintenance/custodial staff that are doing everything they possibly can to make sure the school's safe to return to whenever they say Go.

The guy that didn't bother attending the interview for a Varsity Head Coaching position at a previous school? No offense but it get's done it'll be because a very dedicated maintenance/custodial staff that are doing everything they possibly can to make sure the school's safe to return to whenever they say Go.
Or the Ad will hire a professional staff to come in and do it , then the Motz group will come in and throw down more beads in the turf , it will be playable and still one of the better stadiums in the city

Or the Ad will hire a professional staff to come in and do it , then the Motz group will come in and throw down more beads in the turf , it will be playable and still one of the better stadiums in the city
I wouldn't call it one of the better stadiums by any means, but to each their own.

It looked OK speeding past at 60 mph on the Interstate today. Probably doesn't look so good close up.

Word on the street is that $7500 - $10,000 in damage. Expect that to go up.

Apparently just 3-4 miles north of there another school was having new turf installed and had some water issues as well. Not sure if it was to the extent that Princeton had however.

Word on the street is that $7500 - $10,000 in damage. Expect that to go up.

Apparently just 3-4 miles north of there another school was having new turf installed and had some water issues as well. Not sure if it was to the extent that Princeton had however.
That price seems quite low to me, but I don't know much.

As long as the turf didn't start to separate and peel up, the real damage is cleaning and disinfecting the turf, fluffing it back up and adding in more rubber or plastic pellets. The labor and supplies isn't that much. The turf and labor installing turf on an already prepared site is only a few hundred thousand and even coverting from grass (with a crowned field) to turf is only a couple hundred thousand more at minimum.

Things like fieldhouse, concessions, ticket booth, underground wiring, etc. That might go up quickly if they're significant damage from water. But field alone isn't.

As long as the turf didn't start to separate and peel up, the real damage is cleaning and disinfecting the turf, fluffing it back up and adding in more rubber or plastic pellets. The labor and supplies isn't that much. The turf and labor installing turf on an already prepared site is only a few hundred thousand and even coverting from grass (with a crowned field) to turf is only a couple hundred thousand more at minimum.

Things like fieldhouse, concessions, ticket booth, underground wiring, etc. That might go up quickly if they're significant damage from water. But field alone isn't.

Plus this is really the time when places like the Motz group are going all in on completing weather delayed projects on time. I have no clue if their installations have been delayed due to COVID. I think I remember them allowing "construction"work to continue for school projects. But if they were delayed at all that probably compounds their deadline issues. Will they have the resources for emergency repairs?