Fitch Falcons 2022

Maybe they did contact Mentor and they couldn't get the deal done. I wouldn't mind playing Mentor right now. I think they have taken a step back. They are not as dominant as they were. We used to play Mentor back in the late 80's and early 90's, and we dominated them. They improved a lot after that. The good thing about the out of state programs is they are coming here. Mentor would need a home and home, and that is a pretty long trip.
Mentor would play Fitch in a second. ..

Tell your AD to call them. If it's anything Fitch turned it down. Our AD would take any Ohio team at this point.

Mentor made the final 4 the year before last. I don't think Fitch is in position to comment on taking a step back. It's one bad year

Fitch would play Mentor in a second. ..

Tell your AD to call them. If it's anything Mentor turned it down. Our AD would take any Ohio team at this point.
Look at Fitchs schedule and why would they duck Mentor ( who has a very strong program but I don’t see Fitch duck anyone)

Fitch would play Mentor in a second. ..

Tell your AD to call them. If it's anything Mentor turned it down. Our AD would take any Ohio team at this point.
Look at Fitchs schedule and why would they duck Mentor ( who has a very strong program but I don’t see Fitch duck anyone)
Because if Fitch would play Mentor in a second, it would have been scheduled in week 5...I do talk to our AD. He's been trying every public in Ohio and we've scheduled Fitch in scrimmages. I'm sure he called

Mentor has been a far superior program over Fitch for the last 20 plus years. Of course you can't apply that same point as to what I said.

Massillon is about the only program on your schedule comparable to Mentor . And they dropped off after we killed them two times in a row too

Last edited:
Because if Fitch would play Mentor in a second, it would have been scheduled in week 5...I do talk to our AD. He's been trying every public in Ohio and we've scheduled Fitch in scrimmages. I'm sure he called

Mentor has been a far superior program over Fitch for the last 20 plus years. Of course you can't apply that same point as to what I said.

Massillon is about the only program on your schedule comparable to Mentor . And they dropped off after we killed them two times in a row too
I will say Trivisono had the program rolling. He did a really great job, just like when Hartman was our coach, we were really good. It took a while to get a coach who was good, and we struggled for a long time. It took a couple of years after Hartman left to realize what we had lost. The first year he left we had a loaded team and had a pretty good season. If the playoffs were conducted like they are today, we would have made it and made a lot of noise because we had four DI guys on the team and a bunch of DII. But you could tell something was missing. The next year it got worse, and then it was obvious that we were not improving and getting better as the season progressed. We also lost close games that before we would have won. Then we had a couple more bad coaching hires until we finally got Annarella, and he restored the program. I don't know if that will happen in Mentor. Fitch's enrollment dropped off a lot during that time, which led to fewer numbers. Mentor is still a big school, tough it is not nearly as big as everyone thinks. Mentor would be a win win situation for us. If we beat them, it would be a huge upset. If we lost, that is what would be expected. Who knows? Maybe the series will be renewed in the future.

I will say Trivisono had the program rolling. He did a really great job, just like when Hartman was our coach, we were really good. It took a while to get a coach who was good, and we struggled for a long time. It took a couple of years after Hartman left to realize what we had lost. The first year he left we had a loaded team and had a pretty good season. If the playoffs were conducted like they are today, we would have made it and made a lot of noise because we had four DI guys on the team and a bunch of DII. But you could tell something was missing. The next year it got worse, and then it was obvious that we were not improving and getting better as the season progressed. We also lost close games that before we would have won. Then we had a couple more bad coaching hires until we finally got Annarella, and he restored the program. I don't know if that will happen in Mentor. Fitch's enrollment dropped off a lot during that time, which led to fewer numbers. Mentor is still a big school, tough it is not nearly as big as everyone thinks. Mentor would be a win win situation for us. If we beat them, it would be a huge upset. If we lost, that is what would be expected. Who knows? Maybe the series will be renewed in the future.
I'm not sold on Gray long term but we don't know. They made the final 4 his first year. Last year we had a million injuries , finished 5-5 and lost a hard fought first round game to st Ignatius in the playoffs .

Many on here are saying Mentor is sliding but thats very quick to say after one year

Anyways, that has very little to do with the situation we are talking about here. Mentor has played homes and homes with warren harding , ursuline , mooney and boardman in your area. And theyve traveled for home and homes with Cincy st Xavier and Cincy Moeller. 2 power privates 4 hours away who have won many state titles

All that and Mentor being way better the last 20 years, and we'd definitely not turn down Fitch in week 5.

Our AD talks to me and he'd schedule pretty much anyone at this point. It's only 1 hr 20 between schools. He'd do that in a second .

We just played north Allegheny in Wexford pa away last year which was over 2 hours from us. So we definitely know who didn't want the matchup

No. We still don’t know who didn’t want to play. And as far as th AD talking to you, ha ha. He’s not telling a yappi fan what really goes on in the program. Get real.

No. We still don’t know who didn’t want to play. And as far as th AD talking to you, ha ha. He’s not telling a yappi fan what really goes on in the program. Get real.
Yes we do know. Because you can't use any logic to say why Mentor wouldn't schedule that game with the support I gave in my previous post ...

I do talk to our AD. Ive known him since I was in high school myself. Not sure how that is so hard to believe. This is high school sports. It's not like a major power 5 college AD or NFL exec or something like that. These are people you can routinely see..

I know all about our struggles finding out of conference games and know that no way in heck would he turn down Fitch . Unless you guys did a different type of no like wanting a contract with home games only at Fitch

Mentor would definitely play Fitch. I'm sure finding teams to play them is tough considering the success they've had. If Fitch ever would want to play Mentor, either this year or next year would be the time. There is a lot of talent on Fitch's team over the next two seasons. After that it might we might be a little down. What happened to Fitch during their down years is there came an attitude that we just didn't have the players. A lot of excuses were made for poor hiring decisions. The belief came that we couldn't match up with teams like Mentor. Then Annarella came in and the schedule picked up again once we started winning. Parker is definitely putting in the time building that winning culture again.

Some very interesting things happening in Falcon land. Fitch is building a student rec center that will have a three lane track, weightlifting facility, practice fields for all the sports, and even batting cages. It will cost between 10 to 15 million dollars. Brian Robinson is blowing up. On the Fitch football twitter page, it shows that he has multiple DI offers including Pitt, Miami of O, and TSUN. I hope the Buckeyes get him soon. If you haven't checked out Fitch's twitter page, I recommend it. It's great to see how the Falcons are doing.

Some very interesting things happening in Falcon land. Fitch is building a student rec center that will have a three lane track, weightlifting facility, practice fields for all the sports, and even batting cages. It will cost between 10 to 15 million dollars.
I had not heard that. Harding is building a great facility also.

Question to Austintown supporters. How come the school district has some awesome new buildings for the lower schools and sports facilities like a new indoor practice facility but still uses a 52 year old obsolete high school? Isnt it time to replace the main high school.

Some very interesting things happening in Falcon land. Fitch is building a student rec center that will have a three lane track, weightlifting facility, practice fields for all the sports, and even batting cages. It will cost between 10 to 15 million dollars. Brian Robinson is blowing up. On the Fitch football twitter page, it shows that he has multiple DI offers including Pitt, Miami of O, and TSUN. I hope the Buckeyes get him soon. If you haven't checked out Fitch's twitter page, I recommend it. It's great to see how the Falcons are doing.
Can you provide a link ? I tried searching on Twitter, but came up with about 8 different pages for lesser sports, but for some reason not football. Is there a dedicated Twitter page for varsity football; or Fitch athletics overall?

Can you provide a link ? I tried searching on Twitter, but came up with about 8 different pages for lesser sports, but for some reason not football. Is there a dedicated Twitter page for varsity football; or Fitch athletics overall?
Here you go.https://twitter.com/fitchfootball?lang=en

Where is the Austintown school district finding all this $ for athletic facilities? I thought the school just needed to take out a $2.5M loan over 10 years to pay for turf fields and now have $10-15M for an indoor facility?

Great for Austintown Athletics, definitely envious. We’d have mutiny on our hands in Boardman if the school district spent even the $ that was spent on the 3 turf fields, let alone a $10M+ spend on an indoor facility. There’s people still upset about a predominantly privately funded new Spartan Stadium.

Hats off to the private Business and individual donors of Austintown and Warren. It is them, not school districts that step up to build these facilities for the kids. They see the value in future generations when the school districts and voters don't. It was private donors that built the baseball facility in Niles, private donors who built the athletic facilities in Louisville, private donors who built the indoor training facility at Massillon.

But why would they pick up Strongsville, in the place of having the return home game with Canfield?
STRONGSVILLE SHOULD BE A GOOD OPPONENT.
THE MUSTANGS WENT 5-6 LAST SEASON LOOSING TO M*ASSILLON JACKSON 35-17 IN WEEK 11.
THEY BEAT A VERY GOOD CLEVELAND HEIGHTS TEAM (9-3) BY A POINT.....27-26 OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO THAT.

Hi Falguin, you seem to know everything Austintown Fitch. How come they have not replaced the old obsolete school yet when they ndi it for all the other schools in the district?

Hi Falguin, you seem to know everything Austintown Fitch. How come they have not replaced the old obsolete school yet when they ndi it for all the other schools in the district?

It's in better shape than you think, and they have nowhere to build one without leaving current campus setting location.

I see. It just seem odd that the high school is surrounded by new buildings. Maybe they should have replaced the high school when they had extra buildings to house them during the build and then go outward. I doubt a 50 year plus building would be acceptable for much longer.

I know they used to talk about replacing Fitch, but since they moved everything to one area, those discussions stopped a while ago. Fitch is in the same boat as a lot of districts that built new schools in the 60s: the building is getting old, but there really isn't anypalce to put the new school. a new high school today would be outrageously expensive. They said that they were saving for the rec center for a while, but to build a new high school there would need to be a bond issue, and that would probably not pass.

I get how they are sort of screwed now because they would need a new bond. How did they pay for the other new schools and why did they not include the HS when other ones were built . By the way, new indoor facility is a awesome idea and not fluff like many think. The indoor facility will allow spring teams to practice when weather sucks, the football team to practice when it storms, and can even be rented out to help offset costs.

I get how they are sort of screwed now because they would need a new bond. How did they pay for the other new schools and why did they not include the HS when other ones were built . By the way, new indoor facility is a awesome idea and not fluff like many think. The indoor facility will allow spring teams to practice when weather sucks, the football team to practice when it storms, and can even be rented out to help offset costs.
Also so the football team can practice without schools driving by and taking pictures of coaches working the the kids on “off” days. I like it alot for Fitch props to them

DI offers are being given out all over Falcon land. Deshawn Vaughn picked one up from Toledo. Cam Smith has committed to Iowa State, Jamel James has offers from BG and Austin Peay, Josh Fitzgerald has a lot of DII offers from the likes of Edinboro, D.J. Williams has received an offer from Toledo as well, and Brian Robinson has offers from all over the place with Virginia Tech being the latest. We have talent, but do we have the talent up front to play with the best programs? Fitzgerald is tough, and we can count on him to go both ways. The center is back but he is only around 5'11'' 225. I don't know who else will be on the interior lines.