First Set of Rankings for the 2020-21 Season (July 22)

so I have to ask - is Beric Jordan (ranked #1 at 106 in DII) related to Jeff or Jim Jordan? I thought Rocky was the last of the Jeff Jordan clan and one of the reasons why he retired at Graham after Rocky graduated.
I don’t believe so. Beric Jordan is originally from Arizona.

Looking at super 32 I feel like Dillon Walker should be the new #1 as Dillon walker placed 5th at super 32 and Messer didn't place at the same weight. Also, Dillon passed him in the national rankings as Dillon Walker is ranked #13 and messer is #18.
Although Walker had somewhat of a breakout tournament, he didn’t beat anyone who placed along the way, which is why I only moved him a spot.

I was also surprised he moved up so high in the flo rankings, he lost a couple weeks ago at the Battle of the Burgh duals to an unranked foe. That also played into my decision to only move him up a spot.

Last edited:
I don’t believe so. Beric Jordan is originally from Arizona.
Beric Jordan is not originally from AZ. He was born and raised in Bettendorf, IA and moved to OH after spending a few years in AZ. Before moving to AZ, he placed at the Iowa State tournament a couple times and he's not related to Jeff Jordan.

Although Walker had somewhat of a breakout tournament, he didn’t beat anyone who placed along the way, which is why I only moved him a spot.

I was also surprised he moved up so high in the Flo rankings, he lost a couple of weeks ago at the Battle of the Burgh duals to an unranked foe. That also played into my decision to only move him up a spot.
I think the reason he went so high was that his only losses were to ranked guys both in OT and placed higher than #9 Carson Manville. Yes, I guess I understand why. but still had a lot better of a tournament than Messer. Messer lost in the championship round to someone who didn't even get on the podium.

Beric Jordan is not originally from AZ. He was born and raised in Bettendorf, IA and moved to OH after spending a few years in AZ. Before moving to AZ, he placed at the Iowa State tournament a couple times and he's not related to Jeff Jordan.

Wherever he is from, or how he got here, I'm very impressed with this young man. Love his style, always attacking, very physical. He's going to be a good one.

@Boro Fan so out of the 14 weights, there are only 7 kids from Lasalle. I'm just looking through making predictions is Lasalle only going to have half a team? Do they have a full lineup?

@Boro Fan so out of the 14 weights, there are only 7 kids from Lasalle. I'm just looking through making predictions is Lasalle only going to have half a team? Do they have a full lineup?
I only received weights for their top guys, but my source did sound optimistic that they will have a full lineup or very close to it.

Changes today - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 120, 145
D2: 138, 145, 152
D3: 106, 120, 126, 132, 138, 152, 160, 170

Sounds like Ray Cmil has transferred to South Range from Boardman.

Last edited:

D1: 138, 145, 285
D2: None
D3: None

145: I missed a few previous head-to-head results between Haskin and K.Voinovich, which caused a little movement compared to Monday.

How close do you see the battle at 182 in D3? In my opinion, Garza would be a defending state champ had we finished the season last year, he was quite a roll at the end of the season

Erich Trinski of Elyria looked good this weekend winning Preseason Nationals at 152. Looks as if Noah Ewen will stay at 160 for Perrysburg with Alex Garee staying at 152 d1. Peyton Fenton has rumored to stay at 113 this year any truth to that?

How close do you see the battle at 182 in D3? In my opinion, Garza would be a defending state champ had we finished the season last year, he was quite a roll at the end of the season
It was definitely one of the tougher choices in D3 when selecting who to put #1 since they were at different weights last year. Garza lost to Trent Osborne (BFA: D2#11), while Miller beat Hernandez (BFA: D2 Projected Champ), so I ranked them based on that.

Erich Trinski of Elyria looked good this weekend winning Preseason Nationals at 152. Looks as if Noah Ewen will stay at 160 for Perrysburg with Alex Garee staying at 152 d1. Peyton Fenton has rumored to stay at 113 this year any truth to that?
Trinski is just outside the rankings at 152. He was ranked a few weeks ago, but dropped out with recent movement.

I am not sure about Fenton’s plans. Last I heard, Fenton would likely be a weight above Noel (I personally can’t see Noel making 106 again, but maybe?).

D1: 126, 132
D2: None
D3: None

132 Replaced 126 as the Deepest Weight in D1. I also heard today that Draven Hubley has transferred to Marion Harding from Cardington-Lincoln.

D1: 113, 120
D2: 120
D3: 120

I found out today that Matt Ellis has transferred to Waynesville from Legacy Christian. The Legacy Christian/Edison team race is now much closer.