First Set of Rankings for the 2020-21 Season (July 22)

Changes Today - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 120, 132, 138, 145, 152
D2: 113, 120, 170
D3: None

I was lucky enough to receive an updated projected lineup for Wadsworth, which caused quite a few changes in the lower-middle weights. I also heard today that Braden Welch has transferred from Culver Academies (IN) back to his hometown school, Ashland.

Late Change: Case George was ranked a little too low after recently moving him to 120 earlier in the week.

Last edited:
Wish LaSalle wasn't as good in football as they are, so that heavyweight that transferred from Centerville, a few years ago, would give them one more potential placer.

Wish LaSalle wasn't as good in football as they are, so that heavyweight that transferred from Centerville, a few years ago, would give them one more potential placer.

Agreed - if he would have wrestled each year, you might have even been talking potential champ, not just placer too.

No Changes Today.

For October, I will switch to set dates for updates on individual rankings (The dates are posted on the homepage - on the left side like usual www.borofanohio.net). It will be pretty much every other day except on the weekends due to all of the two-day national events over the next 5 weeks.

Changes Today - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 126, 132*, 138, 152, 160, 170, 195
D2: 106, 120, 138
D3: 120, 126, 132, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 285**

* 132 replaced 126 as the "Deepest Weight" in D1
** I found out today that Tyler Bowman has transferred to McComb from Eastwood.

Lots of changes from GFC and the Spatola Classic.

Last edited:
Made a few more changes today after seeing full brackets from the Spatola Classic - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 113, 120,
D2: 113, 120, 126, 138
D3: 113, 120, 126,

As stated in the Spatola thread, I'd give a less weight to those results considering that the matches are basically a test of who is better on their feet. Not much mat wrestling.

I suppose maybe along the lines of the freestyle weight given to folk style rankings.

Last edited:
Changes today - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 160, 170
D2: None
D3: None

I moved Ewen down to 160 for now, as he is entered at 152 for Super 32. If he does in fact make 152, then I am guessing we won't see him at 170 for the season. I had been reluctant to move him there based on the district climate (Top 3 all exit Perrysburg - now the Top 4 if you include Ewen).

Last edited:

D1: 120, 126
D2: 195, 220
D3: 126, 132, 138, 145, 160, 170

After catching a couple math errors in the team projections on Monday, I decided to re-calculate all of the team scores and caught a couple other errors.

A couple other changes since the initial release:
D3: 195, 220

Sounds like Jordan and Murray will be swapping weights for Waynedale.

Last edited:

D1: 132
D2: 132
D3: 160, 170

Based on the entry list for Super 32, Conner Burrus has transferred to Elyria. It sounds like Pummel will be at 160 (I originally heard he was undecided between 160 or 170).

Last edited:
It still BAFFLES me that you can say 126 is the deepest hardest weight. there is a very clear winner in Dustin Norris and a freshman at 4. I think 120 is tougher I think 38 is tougher and closer, 145, and 160 @Boro Fan.

It still BAFFLES me that you can say 126 is the deepest hardest weight. there is a very clear winner in Dustin Norris and a freshman at 4. I think 120 is tougher I think 38 is tougher and closer, 145, and 160 @Boro Fan.
Deepest weight and the second deepest weight is about the depth from 16-20 or 16-25, it is not the “most wide open weight“ or the “toughest weight”.

D1: 195
D2: 160
D3: 132

It sounds like Healy from Westerville Central will not be wrestling this season. The other couple of changes were due to head-to-head results from last season that I must have missed/forgot when moving wrestlers around after GFC or maybe even earlier.

Thanks to whoever has been clicking (y)

Last edited:
Looking at super 32 I feel like Dillon Walker should be the new #1 as Dillon walker placed 5th at super 32 and Messer didn't place at the same weight. Also, Dillon passed him in the national rankings as Dillon Walker is ranked #13 and messer is #18.

Looking at super 32 I feel like Dillon Walker should be the new #1 as Dillon walker placed 5th at super 32 and Messer didn't place at the same weight. Also, Dillon passed him in the national rankings as Dillon Walker is ranked #13 and messer is #18.

Interesting to know what happened to Messer. He lost in the championship round and then forfeited out in the next match. I'm not disagreeing with your take, but I hope if he got hurt that he is able to bounce back quickly.

Hopefully these wrestlers get to settle it on the mat. I watched a couple of Walker's matches - he looked good.

so I have to ask - is Beric Jordan (ranked #1 at 106 in DII) related to Jeff or Jim Jordan? I thought Rocky was the last of the Jeff Jordan clan and one of the reasons why he retired at Graham after Rocky graduated.