First Set of Rankings for the 2020-21 Season (July 22)

Changes Today - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 170, 182, 195, 220
D2: 195
D3: 132

Quite a few changes today in D1. I heard that Jimmy Paletta has transferred to Benedictine from Berea-Midpark.

What were the changes in D1 at 170, 182, 195 ?
At 170, previous #15 Parker Smith moved to 195 (I finally received a projected lineup for Springboro).

At 182, previous #12 Paletta transferred to Benedictine in D2, so everyone behind him moved up and Powers jumped in at #15.

At 195, previous #13 Johnson moved to 220, so everyone behind him moved up and Benson jumped in at #20.

Last edited:
D3 #132
Why do you have 2 kids ranked from the same school in 132 D3?? Wayne Trace
Oops, not sure what happened. I meant to move Hornish to 138, not 132. Even at 132 he should have been much higher than where he was. He is now at 138. Thanks!

Curious about Jeremy Ginter going from Clay to Whitmer. Didn't know he was ever at Clay. Looking at Trackwrestling profile I can see that he was with BTW and Foxfire clubs and looked like he was going to wrestle at St. Johns. Have to wonder if Moon transferring to Perrysburg had anything to do with his decision to go to Whitmer where he could train with Jack Haskin. I don't know where Ginter lives, but Clay is an open enrollment school and if he is an incoming freshman, I would assume he could attend Clay with no issues. Whitmer is not too far from Clay, about the same distance away as Perrysburg, but in a different direction. Given that he was with BTW, he must live too far away from P'burg to make it practical to go there - assuming they are also an OE school. A lot of "I don't know's" there, but curious if anyone can fill in some of the blanks on what happened there. Would have been a very tough opening line-up from 106 - 126 if Moon had stayed at Clay along with Ginter.

Only posted this here after seeing the change noted by Borofan several days ago with Ginter going to Whitmer from Clay.

Curious about Jeremy Ginter going from Clay to Whitmer. Didn't know he was ever at Clay. Looking at Trackwrestling profile I can see that he was with BTW and Foxfire clubs and looked like he was going to wrestle at St. Johns. Have to wonder if Moon transferring to Perrysburg had anything to do with his decision to go to Whitmer where he could train with Jack Haskin. I don't know where Ginter lives, but Clay is an open enrollment school and if he is an incoming freshman, I would assume he could attend Clay with no issues. Whitmer is not too far from Clay, about the same distance away as Perrysburg, but in a different direction. Given that he was with BTW, he must live too far away from P'burg to make it practical to go there - assuming they are also an OE school. A lot of "I don't know's" there, but curious if anyone can fill in some of the blanks on what happened there. Would have been a very tough opening line-up from 106 - 126 if Moon had stayed at Clay along with Ginter.

Only posted this here after seeing the change noted by Borofan several days ago with Ginter going to Whitmer from Clay.
To my understanding, Ginter's local school is Whitmer and he would have been open enrolling at Clay. Perrysburg DOES NOT have open enrollment.

D1: None
D2: 152
D3: 152

Landon Cook has transferred to Tiffin Columbian from Milan Edison. I also found out today that Logan Tague transferred to Barnesville from Meadowbrook (He is just outside the rankings).

D2: 152, 160, 170
D3: None

Sounds like Brody Conley is more likely going to be at 170 rather than 160, so I moved him there for now. I went back and forth between him and Danals for the top spot, but went with Danals since he is returning to the weight, while Conley is jumping up a couple. Ungrady is now the new #1 at 160 after moving Conley up.

D2: None
D3: 113, 120, 132, 138, 145

I forgot to remove Marks at 145 after moving him down to 138....it has been fixed.

Last edited:

D2: 152
D3: 152

Landon Cook has transferred to Tiffin Columbian from Milan Edison. I also found out today that Logan Tague transferred to Barnesville from Meadowbrook (He is just outside the rankings).

Cook makes the transfer of 3 starters (well basically 4 with the younger Homan) from Milan Edison. What is going on with that program? As a former wrestling alum with a kid wrestling now, this is very unsettling!

I forgot to post this last night...

www.borofanohio.net

D1: 220
D2: 132, 138
D3: None

D1 220: After reconsideration, I moved Logan Shephard (Massillon Perry) up a couple more spots after winning IHPO and beating Evan Bates from Indiana in the finals (Bates is ranked in the Top 5 nationally at 220 and is also considered a Top 40 recruit in the 2021 class according to Flo).

D2 132/138: 138 replaced 132 as one of the "second deepest weights".

Last edited: