Findlay Hires Head Coach

Better chance at making the playoffs, maybe, winning, no. Do you think in their region they are beating any of the Dublin's? Springfield? Whitmer? They played Dublin Coffman regular season for over a decade and only ever beat them once. Got the running clock put on them by Jerome in first round of playoffs a few years back. They beat Springfield once in the regional final and that was due to it being the best Findlay team in it's history. When is the last time they beat Whitmer in the TRAC? Have they ever?

Much better shot of making playoffs and winning in Region 7.

Agree, ask Whitmer who is nearly a lock to be a top 2 team in the TRAC year in and year out how Region 2 has been to them. Past handful of years they have lost by 20-30 points in teams in the region.

I think this hire has the potential to be a massive flop. Some school hire "big names" and they have no idea how to adjust or coach the high school game. Bobby Carpenter's brother who was a GA at Ohio State coached high school for a season and they thought it was an awesome hire and they went 0-10.

I think this hire has the potential to be a massive flop. Some school hire "big names" and they have no idea how to adjust or coach the high school game. Bobby Carpenter's brother who was a GA at Ohio State coached high school for a season and they thought it was an awesome hire and they went 0-10.
He had absolutely nothing to work with at Lima Shawnee that year. Bad example.

Not really, considering Shawnee has had 2 coaches after him and they've been middle of the pack in the WBL. The same could be said with Griffin at Lima Senior.

Not really, considering Shawnee has had 2 coaches after him and they've been middle of the pack in the WBL. The same could be said with Griffin at Lima Senior.

Shawnee hasn't had a winning season (and only 1 5-5 year) since 2009.

They went 1-9 the year after Carpenter.

Totally unfair example. Shawnee has been battlimg Bath and Defiance for last for a decade.

Totally unfair example. Shawnee has been battlimg Bath and Defiance for last for a decade.

Carpenter was outscored by 300 points and 0-10 there is bad and then there is that that. Also, the Lima Senior coach who came from college was a disaster as well. He could surprise people but hard to find an example of a college or professional coach coming down and being successful recently.

In 2017 two years after Carpenter left they beat Defiance and Bath both by 50 so that’s not really accurate.

In 2017 two years after Carpenter left they beat Defiance and Bath both by 50 so that’s not really accurate.

And in 2016 the year after he left they lost to both and 2018 they split with them, only beating a winless Bath team by 7.

Anyone can cherry pick years. Shawnee football has been terrible for over a decade.

And in 2016 the year after he left they lost to both and 2018 they split with them, only beating a winless Bath team by 7.

Anyone can cherry pick years. Shawnee football has been terrible for over a decade.
No kidding, this guy obviously doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to Shawnee. Also he should go back and look at that 2015 roster and compare it to the 2009 and 2010 rosters. No comparison.

Good example. Carpener was arrogant and thought filling water bottles for Ohio State meant he was ready as a coach. Didn't help that Shawnee had a totalclueless guy as AD named Dickey Heath.

Good example. Carpener was arrogant and thought filling water bottles for Ohio State meant he was ready as a coach. Didn't help that Shawnee had a totalclueless guy as AD named Dickey Heath.
I fully expect this to happen at Findlay, Pees is going to be overwhelmed by the opponents of the TRAC.

Carpenter was outscored by 300 points and 0-10 there is bad and then there is that that. Also, the Lima Senior coach who came from college was a disaster as well. He could surprise people but hard to find an example of a college or professional coach coming down and being successful recently.

Ok looking back at this one has to wonder if this was Pees plan all along it just happened to happen a lot sooner than anyone expected?

Someone knew what he was talking about.

a person applies for a job, they're most qualified, would it have been ethical to say "no" because of what they might do? This area has failed so long because "over qualified" was part of the language. You hire. They hired. It did work out, Findlay was much more competitive. He gave good evidence there are athetes there and hard working support players. That high average a coach that can call defense will win the league.

Now that Roethlesberger is looking to retire........lol

Best of luck on their search.

I wouldn’t call it a massive flop. He had the town excited about football again. How often do high schools higher a coach and then they leave for the nfl? This is such a very rare case.
Findlay could not have been that naive to think that Pees was a long term solution

I talked to people after the hire and they thought it would be a good stepping stone for Matt as he would be hoping to move up. No, we did not expect it to be only one year but Dean decided to unretire(again) and that was that. Matt brought a lot of interest back to the program and hopefully the next coach will continue that trend.

I heard that Stefan Adams applied the last time and he is well liked by a lot of kids at Findlay. He is still working at Glenwood Middle School so I think that he would still be interested. I have no idea who else is interested but pretty sure Kevin Stefanski is making more money in Cleveland.

Findlay could not have been that naive to think that Pees was a long term solution

are you quoting someone to have said he would be? Or just making conversation? ANY hire can come or go. Are you suggesting take second best because you predict they will hang around longer? It's a yearly contract job. How do you suggest a school district get a guarantee?

are you quoting someone to have said he would be? Or just making conversation? ANY hire can come or go. Are you suggesting take second best because you predict they will hang around longer? It's a yearly contract job. How do you suggest a school district get a guarantee?
You think a school spends hours looking for a football coach and wants that person to only stay for a year?

I wouldn’t call it a massive flop. He had the town excited about football again. How often do high schools higher a coach and then they leave for the nfl? This is such a very rare case.
How excited? They went 3-2. They started 2-3 in 19 and 18. They even started 3-2 in 17. His dad coached in the NFL forever this was obviously a short term thing for him.

How excited? They went 3-2. They started 2-3 in 19 and 18. They even started 3-2 in 17. His dad coached in the NFL forever this was obviously a short term thing for him.
They had way more kids come out for the team this past season and it sounded like the returning guys had really bought into the offseason weight training. Do you believe if his dad had stayed retired he would have left? I don't believe it was a short-term thing, heard he wanted more time with family, etc. but sometimes plans change. Will be interested to see who gets this job. They have some good talent at the moment and have some younger kids that look promising.