Finals scores from games I watched (Approved by Yappi)

LICKING COUNTY FAN

Norfolk State Spartans 77 North Carolina Central Eagles 71

A little MEAC action for me tonight, courtesy of ESPNU. Norfolk State (15-7, 5-2 Conference) was able to defeat conference foe North Carolina Central (10-11, 3-4 Conference) by six points after falling behind in the 2nd half. The Spartans hit 46.8% of their shots, while the Eagles flew a tad lower at 40.4%. Dana Tate Jr. (Boston, MA) paced the winners with 21 points and 5 boards. Aiding in the cause with 18 points (Norfolk, VA) was Joe Byrant Jr. Cahiem Brown (Brooklyn, NY) came off the bench to score 17 points. He was 11-of-13 from the free-throw line. For the Eagles, Justin Wright (Greenville, NC) had 21 points and 6 boards.

South Dakota State Jackrabbits 67 Kansas City Roos 66

South Dakota State (12-11, 7-4 Summit) was able to defeat Kansas City (10-14, 6-5 Conference) after Shemarri Allen missed a last-second shot. Zeke Mayo (Lawrence, KS) led the Jackrabbits with 24 points and 5 boards. Adding to the win was William Kyle III (Bellevue, NE) with 20 points and 7 boards. For the Roos, Sherarri Allen (Arden, NC) had 23 points and 5 boards. RayQuawndis Mitchell (Blaine, MN) had 19 points and 6 boards. The winners hit 51.1% of their shots, while the roosters connected on 43.3%.

Texas Longhorns 76 Baylor Bears 71

My third game last night came from the Big 12 Conference, pitting Texas (18-4, 7-2 conference) against Baylor (16-6, 5-4 conference). Texas was able to hit 47.3% of its shots, while the Bears hit 36.8%. The Longhorns were led by Sir'Jabari Rice (Houston, TX), who scored 21 points off the bench and pulled down 6 boards. Timmy Allen (Mesa, AZ) added 18 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists. For Baylor, LJ Cryer (Katy, TX) had 19 points and 5 boards.

As bad as things have been for Eastern Michigan (6-16, 3-6 MAC) last night they were able to put that behind them and pound Ohio (11-11, 3-6 Conference) in route to an eleven-point win. Eastern Michigan was red hot hitting 57.7% of their shots while Ohio hit 44.8%. Leading the winners with 29 points and 6 assists was Tyson Acuff (Detroit, MI). His average coming into this game was 13.1 points. Emoni Bates (Ypsilanti, MI) added 19 points. For the Bobcats, Dwight Wilson III (Tallahassee, FL) was the lone bright spot with 23 points and 12 boards.

The Rams (17-6, 8-2 A-10) survived Davidson (10-12, 3-7 Conference), who was without their best play because of an illness. The Rams hit 40.3% of their shots While the Wildcats hit 43.8%. Leading the winners with 14 points and 7 assists was Adrian Baldwin Jr. (Baltimore, MD). Aiding in the win with twelve points apiece were Brandon Johns Jr. (Lansing, MI) and Jalen DeLoach (Savannah, GA). For the Wildcats, Desmond Watson (Columbus, OH) with 12 points and 6 boards.

Merrimack Warriors 76 Long Island University Sharks 59

Yesterday on the big screen I was able to watch some NEC action with Merrimack (8-16, 6-4 Conference) spanking Long Island University (3-20, 1-10 Conference). The Warriors were red-hot from the field hitting 50% while the Sharks swam in at 42.4%. After leading by just five at the half, the Warriors kicked it into another gear to pull away for the 17-point win. Leading the path to victory was Jordan Minor (Kingston, MA) with 25 points and 13 boards. He played 36 minutes. Ziggy Reid (Baltimore, MD) checked in with 19 points and 3 steals. For rebuilding Long Island, Marko Maletic (London, ON) had 13 points off of the bench.

Yale Bulldogs 68 Harvard Crimson 57

I am late in posting this one but wanted to throw it out there for those who have read my posting of the games I watch. Yesterday I watched Yale (15-6, 5-3 Ivy) for the third time this season and this was the first time I got to see them win. They beat rival Harvard (12-10, 5-3 Ivy) in a game that went from what looked to be a blowout win, to a tight game, to the eleven-point win for the Bulldogs. Matt Knowling (Ellington, CT_ barked the loudest for the Bulldogs with 18 points and 7 boards. For Harvard, Justice Ajogbor (Benin City, Nigeria) had one of his better games with 12 points and 2 blocks.

Tulane Green Wave 90 Memphis Tigers 89 OT

Game one for me today came from the American Conference, and it turned out to be a dandy of a game, with the Green Wave (15-7, 8-3 Conference) posting the win over the Tigers (17-6, 7-3 Conference). Jalen Cook (Walker, LA) had 25 points and four steals for the winners, while teammate Kevin Cross (Little Rock, AR) added 22 points and five assists. Simon James (Sugar Hill, GA) had seven steals and nine points in the win. For the Tigers, Kendric Davis (Houston, TX) had a game-high 26 points and 7 assists.

South Dakota State Jackrabbits 90 North Dakota State Bison 85
I love the Summit Conference, and today was a good day for South Dakota State (14-11, 9-4 Conference), which had to overcome a red-hot start from North Dakota State (9-15, 6-6 Conference) to post the five-point win. Zeke Mayo (Lawrence, KS) went off for 41 points and added 5 assists and 2 steals to lead the winners. Matt Dentlinger (Arcadia, IA) added 17 points and 5 boards. For the Bison, future NBA player Grant Nelson (Devils Lake, ND) led the way with 27 points and 15 boards.

Grambling StateTigers 73 Alabama State Hornets 60
Game three for me today came from the SWAC, with Grambling (14-8, 7-3 Conference) earning the victory over the Hornets (6-17, 4-6). The Tigers hit a nifty 49% from the field while the Hornets hit just 36%. Both teams struggled from the free throw line, with Grambling checking in at 60.9% and Alabama State a little better at 66.7%. Leading the winners with 22 points and 4 boards was Veirshon Cotton (Milwaukee, WI). He was aided in the win by Jourdan Smith (New Orleans, LA), who totaled 12 points and two steals. For Bama State, TJ Madlock (Memphis, TN) had 18 points and 10 boards.

Morehead State Eagles 71 Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles 66 OT

It was back to the Ohio Valley Conference for me for my fourth game today. Once again, for the third time, I watched as Southern Indiana (13-12, 6-6 Conference) fell in overtime to Morehead State (16-9, 3-3 Conference) by five. Leading the winners with 16 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists was Mark Freeman (Memphis, TN). Kalil Thomas (New Orleans, LA) added 14 points and six rebounds. For the Screaming Eagles, Isiah Swope (Newburgh, IN) had 21 points.

Puget Sound 93 George Fox 83​

Game five for me Yesterday came from the Northwest Conference, which, for those of you who do not know, is in Division 3. Puget Sound (15-6, 8-4 NWC) was able to outpace a spunky George Fox (6-16, 5-7 NWC) squad by the score of 93-83. Mussie Teclemariam (Seattle, Wash.) had 16 points in the win along with 8 boards. Also scoring 16 in the win was Dezman Baker (Beaverton, Ore.). Grant Erickson (Olympia, Wash.) had a double-double in the win, with 12 points and 13 boards. For George Fox, Austin Clark (Chino Hills, Calif.) led the way with 17 points. Nick Greenwood (San Rafael, Calif.) added 16 points. Chris Nickleberry (Fontana, Calif.) scored just 7 points but had 10 points.

BYU 81 Pacific 66​

For me, Game Six came from the West Coast Conference, where BYU (16-10, 6-5 conference) faced Pacific (12-13, 5-5 conference). When all was said and done, the Cougars would triumph 81–66. The winners would hit 46% of their shots, while the losing team limped in at 38.5%. Fousseyni Traore (Bamako, Mali) led the winners with a double-double of 19 points and 12 rebounds. Gideon George (Minna, Nigeria) also recorded a double. He had 12 points to go with his 10 boards. For the Tigers, Jordan Ivy-Curry (La Marque, TX) came off the bench to also have a double. scoring 11 points and recording 10 boards.

U Conn 87 Marquette 72​

This was my first Big East game this season and it turned out into a blowout quickly. U. Conn (19-6, 8-6 conf) had no problem smacking Marquette (19-6, 11-3 conf) upside the head en route to the 87-72 win. Leading the winners with 20 points and 6 rebounds. was Jordan Hawkins (Gaithersburg, MD). He was 5 of 8 from behind the three-point line. For the Warriors, Tyler Kolek (Cumberland, RI) had 17 points to go with 4 assists.

Hofstra Pride 72 Northeastern Huskies 53
My first game yesterday came from the C.A.A. pitting Hofstra (18-8, 11-2 Conference) against Northeastern (8-15, 4-8 Conference), and when all was said and done the Pride had waltzed to another easy win hitting 47.6% from the floor compared to an ice-cold 29.3% for the Huskies. Tyler Thomas (New Haven, CT) led the way in the win with 16 points and 4 boards. Aiding in the cause was, Aaron Estrada (Woodbury, NJ) with 13 points and 2 steals. For the slumping Huskies, Jahmyl Telfort (Boucherville, PQ) had 16 points to go with 4 boards.

Boston University Terriers 60 American University Eagles 54
My 2nd game yesterday was from the Patriot League where Boston University (12-14, 5-8 Conference) pulled off the upset by beating American (15-9, 7-6 conf). The winners connected on 40.4% of their shots from the floor while the losing team hit 47.5%. Walter Whyte (New Haven, CT) led the winners with 16 points and 5 boards. For the low-flying Eagles, Matt Rogers (Knoxville, MD) had 14 points with 5 boards.

Union College Bulldogs 78 Tennessee Wesleyan Bulldogs 67

Last night I dipped into the NAIA ranks to catch the Appalachian Athletic Conference game between Union College (24-1, 22-0 Conference) and Tennessee Wesleyan (14-8, 13-8 Conference). Though the game was close at times the Bulldogs from Union really never seem to be in trouble as far as the final outcome was concerned. Markell Turner (Barbourville, Ky.) cleared the path to the win with 25 points and 7 boards. Terrin Hamilton (Georgetown, Ky.) aided in the win with 13 points and 5 boards. The only Ohio guy on the winning side DJ Mercer (Cleveland, Ohio) came off the bench to score 4 points. For the Bulldogs of Tennessee Wesleyan, Elisha Mayberry (Ball Ground, Ga.) led the way with 16 points and 5 boards.

St. Francis (PA) Red Flash 78 Sacred Heart Pioneers 76

Another NEC game for me and this one to date has been the best. St. Francis (9-15, 6-5 Conf) jumped out to an 11-0 lead only to trail by nine at the half. Sacred Heart (13-14, 6-6 Conf) for the most part looked in control of the game until there was around 8:00 left, from there the winners slowly chipped away at a 13-point depict and then escaped with the two point win. 6 foot 10 inches, Josh Cohen (Lincroft, NJ) went off for 27 points, 11 boards, and 2 blocks to lead the winners. Nico Galette (Rahway, NJ) led Pioneers with 18 points and 8 boards.

Kent State Golden Flashes 72 Buffalo Bulls 65

A little MAC action on Friday night with the first-place Golden Flashes (20-5, 10-2 Conf) surviving the Bulls {12-13, 6-6 Conf) in Buffalo by the score of 72-65. Miryne Thomas (Cleveland, OH) led the winners with 19 points. Sincere Carry (Farrell, PA) had a game-high 10 assisted baskets to go with 15 points and 7 boards. Zid Powell (Philadelphia, PA) led the Bulls off of the bench with 15 points.

Cleveland State Vikings 57 Robert Morris Colonials 55​

Game two for me on this Friday night sent me back to the Horizon League to view the Vikings (15-11, 10-5 Conf) hosting a hard-nosed Colonials (11-15, 6-9 Conf). The Vikings blew two separate double-digit leads before prevailing by two, on a tip-in with 2.2 seconds left by Spider Johnson (Detroit, MI). Johnson had 10 points, 10 boards, 2 blocks, and 2 steals. Deshone Walker (Dayton, OH) led the Vikings in scoring with 12 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. For Robert Morris, Enoch Cheeks (Providence, RI) had a team-high 15 points to go with 5 assists and 4 blocks.

Dayton Flyers 70 Saint Louis Billikens 56

My third and final game yesterday was from the A-10, with Dayton (17-9, 9-4 Conf) taking care of business at home with the 14-point win over St.Louis (16-9, 8-4 Conf). Dayton won the battle of the boards 33-28 and outshot the Billikens 47.8% to 37.7%. Toumani Camara (Brussels, Belgium) led the home team with 17 points and 10 boards. Malachi Smith (Bronx, NY) had 6 assists to go with 14 points. For St. Louis, Javonte Perkins (St. Louis, MO) totaled 17 points and 3 boards.

Central Michigan Chippewas 66 Miami (OH) Redhawks 60

Central Michigan (9-16, 4-8 MAC) trailed by as many as 14 points in the 2nd half but slowly took control of things and posted the six-point win over Miami (8-17, 2-10 Conf). Both teams hit 42.6% from the field. For the winners, Brian Taylor ( Detroit, MI) led the path to the win with 22 points, 8 boards, and 5 assists. Mekhi Lairy (Evansville, IN) led Miami with 18 points and 2 steals.

Portland State Vikings 88 Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 87

Watching a game from the Big Sky Conference like any conference can bring you an exciting game but this afternoon Portland State (11-15, 5-8 Conf and Northern Arizona (7-20, 3-11 Conf) combine to bring one of the best endings I can remember in a long time. Liam Lloyd (Spokane, WA) hit a three-pointer with five seconds left to give the Lumberjacks what looked like the win, but Isaiah Johnson (Torrance, CA) caught a link of the court pass from Hunter Woods (Pasadena, CA) and with 00.4 seconds left on the clock and falling down, Johnson threw up a prayer that dropped in for the win. Johnson played just 12:00 minutes scoring 9 points. In the first match up between these two Woods hit a game-winner at the buzzard after the Lumberjacks missed a free throw. Leading the winners in scoring was Cameron Parker (Portland, OR) with 21 points. He also had 7 assists and 5 boards. For the tough-luck Lumberjacks, Carson Towt (Gilbert, AZ) had 17 points and 9 boards, and Xavier Fuller (Mesa, AZ) had 18 points and 7 boards.

Bucknell Bison 73 American Eagles 51
My only game last night came from the Patriot League and for the third time this season, I watched American (15-11,7-8 Conf0 drop a game. This time Bucknell (11-17, 4-11 Conf) did the deed and did so by 22 points. The Bison hit 53.7% from the field while the Eagles flew in at 42%. The Bison hit 10-16 from behind the three-point arch while the Eagles verily got off the ground hitting just 3-13 from the same distance. Jack Forrest (Merion Station, PA) 25 points and 6 boards led the winners. For American, Matt Rogers (Knoxville, MD) had 20 points and 2 assists.

Seton Hall 76 Georgetown 68​

Last night my first game came from the Big East, and it was an ugly game that was hard to watch at times. Seton Hall (16-11, 9-7 conference) hit 41.55 percent of their shots in the win while Georgetown (6-21, 1-15 conference) lipped in at 36.5%. Al-Amir Dawes (Newark, NJ) led the winners with 20 points and 2 steals. Aiding in the win was Tyrese Samuel (Montreal, PQ) with 15 points and 10 boards. For Georgetown, Primo Spears (Hartford, CT) had 16 points and 5 assists.

Ohio Bobcats 85 Buffalo Bulls 61​

Last night the Bobcats (15-11, 7-6 MAC) blew out Buffalo (12-14, 6-7 MAC) by 24 points. Dwight Wilson III (Tallahassee, FL) and Elmore James (Cleveland, OH) each had 15 points in the win. Buffalo was led by Curtis Jones (Minneapolis, MN) and Jonnivius Smith (Selma, AL) who both scored 14.

Florida A&M Rattlers 77 Alabama A&M Bulldogs 71

Last night my love for college basketball took me back to the SWAC where the Rattlers (7-19, 5-10 Conf) posted a slight upset over the Bulldogs (12-16, 8-7 Conf). The Rattlers hit 47.3% of their shots from the field compared to 37.3% for the Bulldogs. Leading the winners was Jordan Tillmon (Pine Bluff, AR) with 22 points and 3 steals. For the Bulldogs, Garrett Hicks (Madison, AL), Olisa Blaise Akonobi (Abuja, Nigeria), and Lorenzo Downey (Dartmouth, NS) each totaled 13 points. Akonobi also had 10 boards.

Bellarmine 63 Jacksonville 61​

I ventured back to the A-Sun tonight for the battle between Bellarmine and Jacksonville. Jacksonville (13-15, 6-11 conf) led by double digits well into the 2nd half before the road dogs Bellarmine (14-16, 9-8 conf) got hot from the outside and took their first lead in the 2nd half at 55-54 with 5:04 left. From there both teams battle until the final buzzard with Bellarmine escaping with the narrow win. Garrett Tipton (Columbus, OH) led the winning knights with 22 points and 3 boards. For the Dolphins, Dylan O'Hearn (Windsor, ON) came off the bench to score 13.