Final Four/ Finals/ Champion - who you got??

Coach Joe > the bum from covcath you hype (he’s running out of Fredrick kids to ride).

Bull sh1t. One has actually won something of merit recently, the other relies on loser fans constantly making excuses on his behalf. Hell, one of his Assts has been to a FF more recently than him. He’s washed up, not that it matters to the ppl running the Athletic Dept at Elder.

So you're a bandwagon fan? Shocker.

That’s the response I’d expect from a UC fan and Schoenfeld supporter, neither which have done anything of note since the early 90s.

And everyone is all over Bennett about what a “class act” he was during his post game. The mother fker just got blown out by a 16 seed, where’s the accountability. being a nice guy, I’d rather win with a of a HC.

Last edited:
Another nice win for Gonzaga over OSU. 4 straight years in the sweet 16, 12-3 in their last 15 tournament games. Definitely an elite program.

Pat Forde wrote a piece yesterday calling UVA a fraud as he mentioned that they have been a number one seed three times under Bennett and all three times they failed to make the final four. Forde also mentioned that Virginia was a 2 seed in 2015 and got beat in round 2. His article was too harsh but that was a big choke job this year with the overall number 1 seed and losing badly to UMBC.

The tournament itself is more of a fraud than Virginia. You don't go 31-2 and 17-1 in the ACC if you're a fraud but any team can lose in a one-and-done scenario

Elder was state runner up in 2001. Elite 8 in 05-06. Sweet 16 in 06-07.

UC was in the Elite 8 in 2012.

Sweet 16 in 2012. And I’m not impressed by a state runner up 17 yrs ago and an Elite 8 12 yrs ago. Point is, they’re both living off accomplishments way in the past with zero culpability for their current failures.

Sweet 16 in 2012. And I’m not impressed by a state runner up 17 yrs ago and an Elite 8 12 yrs ago. Point is, they’re both living off accomplishments way in the past with zero culpability for their current failures.

I'm not making an argument one way or the other. Just pointing out your inaccuracies. 2001, 2006 and 2012 are all after the 90s ended.

The tournament itself is more of a fraud than Virginia. You don't go 31-2 and 17-1 in the ACC if you're a fraud but any team can lose in a one-and-done scenario

I agree with you in this case and I think Forde's point was that UVA's system under Bennett does not work as well in the NCAA tourney because they have underachieved many times with three #1 seeds and no final four appearances plus a #2 seed in 2015 and a second round loss. I think UVA is a good program but the problem with their style is that if they fall behind, they are not used to speeding up the tempo in scoring quickly so they can come back.

Pretty ballsy call on Auburn.

Had them losing early, forget when. They finished 3-4 i think for their last 7 games. Just werent the same team without McLemore

Yep, sure was...I know there's going to be a dark horse, but who is always the toughest question...

Pat Forde wrote a piece yesterday calling UVA a fraud as he mentioned that they have been a number one seed three times under Bennett and all three times they failed to make the final four. Forde also mentioned that Virginia was a 2 seed in 2015 and got beat in round 2. His article was too harsh but that was a big choke job this year with the overall number 1 seed and losing badly to UMBC.

Pat Forde is a joke, as well as Yahoo. They are always going for the home run slam job. I didn't have Virgina winning it all, and at some point, a 16 was going to beat a 1 and Virgina is probably as good of a candidate. They played it close to the vest, they didn't score a ton of points, and they got far enough behind they could not come back.

To call a team a fraud after earning a #1 seed over a 4 month season is a joke. The NCAA tournament is just that, a one and done tournament where you can lose on any given day. Nevada / Loyola Chicago isn't one of the 16 best teams in the country, but they are in the sweet 16 because of the tournament format.

Ok Yappites, who you got in your final four, your finals and your champion???

I'll go first...

Xavier/ Cincinnati/ Villanova / Auburn

Xavier/ Villanova

Xavier

Judging by my history with picking this bracket, this will more than likely NOT be how it turns out...

History proved out...I literally lost 3 of my 4 in the span of 2 hours last night.

I agree with you in this case and I think Forde's point was that UVA's system under Bennett does not work as well in the NCAA tourney because they have underachieved many times with three #1 seeds and no final four appearances plus a #2 seed in 2015 and a second round loss. I think UVA is a good program but the problem with their style is that if they fall behind, they are not used to speeding up the tempo in scoring quickly so they can come back.

It bothers me that people keep giving him a pass. He should have his bitten off a bit for Friday, which was absolutely disgraceful.

History proved out...I literally lost 3 of my 4 in the span of 2 hours last night.

I actually have 3/4 left. However, I have very limited confidence in Michigan at this point, I think they get beat by A&M, who looked scary good. I’m 50/50 on Duke. I feel confident they’ll beat Syracuse, but Kansas looked decent. Azabuike is a bad mother fcker in the post. The only one I have a very high confidence in is Nova. They’ve looked good and have the easiest path of my 3 remaining picks.

Pat Forde is a joke, as well as Yahoo. They are always going for the home run slam job. I didn't have Virgina winning it all, and at some point, a 16 was going to beat a 1 and Virgina is probably as good of a candidate. They played it close to the vest, they didn't score a ton of points, and they got far enough behind they could not come back.

To call a team a fraud after earning a #1 seed over a 4 month season is a joke. The NCAA tournament is just that, a one and done tournament where you can lose on any given day. Nevada / Loyola Chicago isn't one of the 16 best teams in the country, but they are in the sweet 16 because of the tournament format.

.....this is it. I'm dead. There's no explanation for UC's choke job last night and a coherent, intelligent, sensible post from 14Red. And I'm posting on Yappi so obviously I'm in hell.

Not sure why, but I chose some teams I rarely see play to get to the Final 4. I still have Gonzaga and Villanova alive. Given my finalists are out the 1st weekend, I am somehow alive and sit 2nd in both pools and have a chance to win, if things fall my way. I can thank my sweet 16 picks of Syracuse, Texas A&M and Nevada for the current standing. I have Nevada into the next round.

My bracket is a mess, but I did have Villanova in the final game, losing to Xavier.