Filet-O-Fish

Never knew the McDonald’s Filet-o-Fish sandwich was created in Cincinnati to compete with Frisch’s fish sandwich during Lent.
I think we talked about this on here a few years ago? If I recall, Ray Kroc was against the idea at first. Took a while to win him over, but turned out to be a winner.

Every time I have one, I close my eyes and think I'm in the elementary school cafeteria on a Friday. I remember one of my teachers explaining why that was, but I didn't understand it for a long time.

The wife likes these, me not so much. Who puts American cheese on fried fish? They have also become the size of sliders, use to be a full on sandwich and now they are so small they only put half a slice of said cheese on them. They do have one of the most memorable commercials:

The Filet-o-Fish is one of the few fish sandwiches I can stomach, in large part because it is so unlike real fish! One of the secrets to the Filet-o-Fish is that they steam the bun.

FISH FILET PATTY
Ingredients: Pollock, Water, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Wheat Flour, Modified Food Starch, Contains 2% or Less: Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Whe.at Flour, Salt, Whey (Milk), Dextrose, Dried Yeast, Sugar, Cellulose Gum, Paprika and Turmeric Extract (Color), Natural Flavors.
Contains: FISH (POLLOCK), WHEAT, MILK

REGULAR BUN
Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Sugar, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Potato Flour, May Contain One or More Dough Conditioners (DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Enzymes), Vinegar.
Contains: WHEAT.

TARTAR SAUCE
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Pickle Relish (Diced Pickles, Vinegar, Salt, Capers, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate [Preservative], Calcium Chloride, Spice Extractives, Polysorbate 80), Egg Yolks, Water, Onions, Distilled Vinegar, Sugar, Spice, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Parsley.
Contains: EGG

PASTEURIZED PROCESS AMERICAN CHEESE HALF SLICE
Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Water, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Cheese Cultures, Citric Acid, Enzymes, Soy Lecithin, Color Added.
Contains: MILK, SOY.

I only do Lake Erie. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever had a fast-food fish sandwich and rarely a sandwich at all. Maybe a whaler back in the day? Had some at restaurants. Grouper sandwich when living in Fl. Otherwise just baskets I think.

I just had an Arby's fish sandwich for the second time and was disappointed. Maybe, I'm just hitting it at the wrong time.

Love the RB and Reuben sandwiches, though. Crinkle fries not curly.

Filet-O-Fish rocks.

I just had an Arby's fish sandwich for the second time and was disappointed. Maybe, I'm just hitting it at the wrong time.

Love the RB and Reuben sandwiches, though. Crinkle fries not curly.

Filet-O-Fish rocks.
The Arby's roast turkey gyro was top notch but I was apparently the only one person in the world ordering it as they discontinued it.

After reading this thread yesterday I had a hankering for some McD Fish. I hadn’t had one in awhile but pretty much how I remembered it..may have be slightly smaller but it wasn’t obvious. Also had an orange Fanta on the side.

After reading this thread yesterday I had a hankering for some McD Fish. I hadn’t had one in awhile but pretty much how I remembered it..may have be slightly smaller but it wasn’t obvious. Also had an orange Fanta on the side.
I'm a Diet Coke guy at Micky's!!!!!!

now if they would just bring their salads back !!!

FISH FILET PATTY
Ingredients: Pollock, Water, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Wheat Flour, Modified Food Starch, Contains 2% or Less: Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Whe.at Flour, Salt, Whey (Milk), Dextrose, Dried Yeast, Sugar, Cellulose Gum, Paprika and Turmeric Extract (Color), Natural Flavors.
Contains: FISH (POLLOCK), WHEAT, MILK

REGULAR BUN
Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Sugar, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Potato Flour, May Contain One or More Dough Conditioners (DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Enzymes), Vinegar.
Contains: WHEAT.

TARTAR SAUCE
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Pickle Relish (Diced Pickles, Vinegar, Salt, Capers, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate [Preservative], Calcium Chloride, Spice Extractives, Polysorbate 80), Egg Yolks, Water, Onions, Distilled Vinegar, Sugar, Spice, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Parsley.
Contains: EGG

PASTEURIZED PROCESS AMERICAN CHEESE HALF SLICE
Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Water, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Cheese Cultures, Citric Acid, Enzymes, Soy Lecithin, Color Added.
Contains: MILK, SOY.

It’s amazing people still eat McDonalds. It barely qualifies as food.

I've thought to believe the reason the fast-food sandwiches look smaller is because the last time I'd had them, my hands were smaller, being a kid. In reality, are they?