Fighting in Hockey

Fighting in hockey

• Total voters

I think all sports should have sort of "fight rule" the way hockey does. maybe 30 seconds, when they hit the ground... whatever.

I use to go to Dayton Bomber games just for the hopes of a fight. No other reason to watch hockey IMO. Just not interesting to me.

Fight should stay. It keeps the players honest. It keeps cheap shots at a minimum. If you take a cheap shot at someone, you know you're going to have to answer for it later, rather than just spending 2 minutes in the penalty box.

OMG gurgle ..you are no longer on my freind list ... hockey fighting is necessary and just --players police themselves ... if more of that went on in football and basketball you would not have guys like metta world peace and dennis rodman because they would have got their little buts squashed before they could turn into idiots ...same with richard sherman and micheal crabtree ... no one is above the game in hockey ---next to socccer its the best sport on earth ..Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bruins and Blackhawks( my two favorite teams)

Helps work out the bad blood that boils during the course of a long season. I would say that baseball beanings and the fights that come from them are potentially more dangerous and idiotic then hockey fights. No pads, no ice to keep from leverage, metal spikes to bring martial arts kicks into play, and a lethal weapon in the hands of the person hit.

Fight should stay. It keeps the players honest. It keeps cheap shots at a minimum. If you take a cheap shot at someone, you know you're going to have to answer for it later, rather than just spending 2 minutes in the penalty box.

Agreed.

Plus.......there are some exceptions to the rule....but when you are holding onto someone, on skates, most times you dont land anything too lethal.
It isnt like standing on solid ground.