Fenwick Football Coaching Search Thread

Fenwick has struggled with being able to develop a strong coaching staff the last few years. I think they are on their 5th soon to be HC in the last six years... They really haven't been good since that 2015 team. I think they thought once they beat Alter a couple of times 5-8 years ago, they would get more kids and attraction by schools nearby but it seems to me, kids are staying in Sprinboro, Lakota, Mason, Franklin etc.

America

^^^^ Snivey, Aregood, Havenkamp, Moore, and now the next guy.... Pretty hard to be a senior who's had three different coaches in their high school career

Fenwick has struggled with being able to develop a strong coaching staff the last few years. I think they are on their 5th soon to be HC in the last six years... They really haven't been good since that 2015 team. I think they thought once they beat Alter a couple of times 5-8 years ago, they would get more kids and attraction by schools nearby but it seems to me, kids are staying in Sprinboro, Lakota, Mason, Franklin etc.
Sounds like a problem at the top. Maybe they should be looking for an athletic director?

badnewsbear

I have a buddy over at Fenwick, said his son received an email saying the coach announcement is this Monday, any thoughts on who it could be?

RollingTrain

Indeed announced today and an excellent choice! Kids will love him! Good dude. And someone on this thread was correct on the choice!

cdubata

Mark Mueller ???
yes..................it is an excellent hire, but until they get the parents out of the everyday football operations, still going to have trouble. Hopefully he has the support of the administration to tell the little parent football organization they have there to just worry about cheering on Fenwick from the stands and let Mueller do the coaching. I hear that was a big obstacle for the last couple of coaches. Texting and emailing assistant coaching hiring suggestions and player positions,etc....

Thoughts on whether this is a long term solution or a 1-2 year hire?

NewOldBlood

yes..................it is an excellent hire, but until they get the parents out of the everyday football operations, still going to have trouble. Hopefully he has the support of the administration to tell the little parent football organization they have there to just worry about cheering on Fenwick from the stands and let Mueller do the coaching. I hear that was a big obstacle for the last couple of coaches. Texting and emailing assistant coaching hiring suggestions and player positions,etc....

I think it will depend on what you listed in the first paragraph. The problem at Fenwick from what I see is the AD. He is listening to parents and allowing way too much involvement from parents in the different programs. Fenwick has never had the kind of turnover with coaches that you are currently seeing. From what I can tell, the only thing that has changed is the guy sitting in the AD's office.

Buckeye251

Looks like I was right from the beginning. I told you guys it would be Mueller and no one believed me. You’re welcome

Iroquois

Coach Mueller had some good teams at New Albany when he was the head coach there. Good luck to him and Fenwick.

Considering he doesn’t do well with parents I’d have to say this is a 1-2 year gig. Quite an interesting group of coaches. Is Marshall even allowed to coach? Thought he had some felonies which is why he isn’t coaching up the road? Maybe that’s why he has the CFL out?

I hear they ponied up some money for this and Colman’s job is on the line.

General Colman’s last stand! Good luck to you sir!

Tom04tom

Considering he doesn’t do well with parents I’d have to say this is a 1-2 year gig. Quite an interesting group of coaches. Is Marshall even allowed to coach? Thought he had some felonies which is why he isn’t coaching up the road? Maybe that’s why he has the CFL out?

Marshall???

NewOldBlood

If you're talking about Jalen Marshall, while he has had some off the field issues I don't recall him having any criminal issues. I know he was suspended from the NFL multiple times for failed drug test, but nothing to do with being arrested. Assuming he got those things worked out, I don't see anything that stops him from coaching.

I think it will depend on what you listed in the first paragraph. The problem at Fenwick from what I see is the AD. He is listening to parents and allowing way too much involvement from parents in the different programs. Fenwick has never had the kind of turnover with coaches that you are currently seeing. From what I can tell, the only thing that has changed is the guy sitting in the AD's office.
Semi-true. Fenwick has had turnover since Freddy. There are smart parents, there are also parents who will derail anything good. Listen to the smart ones and tell the other ones to buzz off. I like this hire though, I would worry about Fenwick as a contender.

cdubata

Semi-true. Fenwick has had turnover since Freddy. There are smart parents, there are also parents who will derail anything good. Listen to the smart ones and tell the other ones to buzz off. I like this hire though, I would worry about Fenwick as a contender.
It will 4-5 years before they are relevant again in my opinion. Current Jr, So, Fr classes do not possess much talent. Only won 2 games between the 3 levels last season. It also appears as if there will be a lot of Fr and Soph's not returning next year. Nephew says he is aware of 7 current Soph's and 9 current Fr that say they are not coming back. 16 players out of possible 32 or so. That's tough on any program.