Federal League Softball

Looks like Perry will have the best pitcher in the circle but Hoover and GlenOak will also have strong pitching to contend as well. Hoover also has one of the best all around players in the league. Lake lost a ton to graduation from last year's canceled season but return the best middle infield combo in the league. Finding a pitcher to compete at the Federal League level will be their biggest challenge. Jackson also has decent pitching but will have to generate offense to support her. McKinley will struggle as is usually the case in softball and I haven't heard anything about Green yet?

Hoover 3, Jackson 0

Jackson - 000 - 000 - 0 — 0 - 2 - 2

Hoover - 000 - 030 - 0 — 3 - 3 - 1

W: Koosh. Notes: Hoover’s Sydnee Koosh pitched a two-hitter and struck out 14. Faith Kiko had two hits for the Vikings.

Records: Jackson 3-1, 2-1; Hoover 6-1, 3-1.

I heard Green beat Hoover by a run in 11 innings the other night. So throw Green in the mix for Federal League supremacy early. Also heard Lake lost their #1 pitcher to injury. Not sure how long she will be out though?

Perry had a nice little Saturday and took care of both Hillsdale and Louisville pretty easily. Lake lost in extra innings to New Philadelphia, and Hoover won a close game against a good Brecksville squad. McKinley took a DH against a bad Lake Center team, and Jackson also took a DH against a decent Hudson team.

Hoover earned 3 wins over the weekend at Massillon's Genshaft Park. All close games with a bunch of runs scored by everybody. I'm assuming Coach Goodpasture tried a bunch of different lineup combinations against Dalton, Dover and Louisville.

1st Coach's poll!

1618873543431.png

Just plain disrespectful to the Federal League/Massillon District if you ask me!!

If it wasn't for the pandemic you may have seen a third different Massillon District State Champion in 3 seasons, heck you still might.

I heard the districts are going to be split up this year though just like they did for basketball/volleyball/other sports. So you might get two (maybe 3) district champions out of the Fed.

Hoover earned 3 wins over the weekend at Massillon's Genshaft Park. All close games with a bunch of runs scored by everybody. I'm assuming Coach Goodpasture tried a bunch of different lineup combinations against Dalton, Dover and Louisville.

Hoover started a freshman Saturday against us. Not the case today.

North Canton Hoover 4
Louisville 0

Tuesday's League Results:

Green 14
Canton McKinley 1

Lake 10 WP: Pertee, HR: Pertee, Finefrock
GlenOak 5

Perry 11 (14-3) WP: Holzopfel, HR: Holzopfel
Jackson 3 (8-4)

North Canton Hoover??

1st Coach's poll!

View attachment 16579

Just plain disrespectful to the Federal League/Massillon District if you ask me!!

If it wasn't for the pandemic you may have seen a third different Massillon District State Champion in 3 seasons, heck you still might.

I heard the districts are going to be split up this year though just like they did for basketball/volleyball/other sports. So you might get two (maybe 3) district champions out of the Fed.
Laughable! But not surprising. Massillon Perry currently has 3 losses but will be in the state final four when all is said and done.

Over the weekend:
Jackson split DH with Triway
Hoover lost to Keystone Friday, took 2 on Saturday vs Gahanna Lincoln and Tontogany Otsego
McKinley lost both vs CVCA
Green took 2 vs Stow
Not sure about Perry, GlenOak and Lake?

No Hoover this year in the Massillon District, but other than that it is still Federal League heavy + Louisville!

DI Massillon District Tournament Bracket, Schedule, Seeds

North Canton will compete in the Austintown District, which I think they'll come out of as District Champs. Massillon Vs. Austintown Districts in the Regional Semifinals which could potentially be an all Fed matchup of the Vikings win their District that does feature #1 Fitch (out of 33 teams in the Super District)

This is the Coaches' Final Regular Season Poll with no Stark County teams, no Fed Teams, and only a single Northeast East Super District Team in Walsh barely on the map at #10 (probably only cause I complained about it on Twitter "not even Walsh").

I wonder how much the tune will change in next week's final poll after sectionals are decided.

1620647213591.png

I think a rethinking of how the polls are voted on is needed. Now that coach Goodpasture is no longer a voter all northeast voters are Cuyahoga County and rarely see stark or summit county teams. Maybe have 1 voter Cuyahoga 1 Summit and 1 Stark county would get a truer break down of all teams.

This is the Coaches' Final Regular Season Poll with no Stark County teams, no Fed Teams, and only a single Northeast East Super District Team in Walsh barely on the map at #10 (probably only cause I complained about it on Twitter "not even Walsh").

I wonder how much the tune will change in next week's final poll after sectionals are decided.

View attachment 17142
The final poll is a joke. Grove City back in after beating 2 40+ seeds.

I do not have anyone playing in the Federal league, but IMHO it is the best league top to bottom in Northern Ohio. In the end, this is usually proven.

Massillon District Semifinals

Perry 2
Hudson 0
Holzopfel throws a no-hitter for Panthers.

Green 6
Lake 4
Bulldogs come back from a 4-0 deficit to win.

Austintown District Semifinal

Hoover 7
Boardman 1
Hoover advances to play Fitch (winner over Chardon) in the District Final.