Federal League Softball

Looks like Perry will have the best pitcher in the circle but Hoover and GlenOak will also have strong pitching to contend as well. Hoover also has one of the best all around players in the league. Lake lost a ton to graduation from last year's canceled season but return the best middle infield combo in the league. Finding a pitcher to compete at the Federal League level will be their biggest challenge. Jackson also has decent pitching but will have to generate offense to support her. McKinley will struggle as is usually the case in softball and I haven't heard anything about Green yet?

y2h

Hoover 3, Jackson 0

Jackson - 000 - 000 - 0 — 0 - 2 - 2

Hoover - 000 - 030 - 0 — 3 - 3 - 1

W: Koosh. Notes: Hoover’s Sydnee Koosh pitched a two-hitter and struck out 14. Faith Kiko had two hits for the Vikings.

Records: Jackson 3-1, 2-1; Hoover 6-1, 3-1.

I heard Green beat Hoover by a run in 11 innings the other night. So throw Green in the mix for Federal League supremacy early. Also heard Lake lost their #1 pitcher to injury. Not sure how long she will be out though?

Perry had a nice little Saturday and took care of both Hillsdale and Louisville pretty easily. Lake lost in extra innings to New Philadelphia, and Hoover won a close game against a good Brecksville squad. McKinley took a DH against a bad Lake Center team, and Jackson also took a DH against a decent Hudson team.

LeopardNation

Duhon Tournament

Louisville 7, Lake 5
https://louisvilleleopards.org/louisville-leopards-vs-lake-blue-streaks-duhon-softball-tournament-4-17-2021/

Hoover 12, Louisville 10

Hoover earned 3 wins over the weekend at Massillon's Genshaft Park. All close games with a bunch of runs scored by everybody. I'm assuming Coach Goodpasture tried a bunch of different lineup combinations against Dalton, Dover and Louisville.

LeopardNation

1st Coach's poll!

1618873543431.png

Just plain disrespectful to the Federal League/Massillon District if you ask me!!

If it wasn't for the pandemic you may have seen a third different Massillon District State Champion in 3 seasons, heck you still might.

I heard the districts are going to be split up this year though just like they did for basketball/volleyball/other sports. So you might get two (maybe 3) district champions out of the Fed.

LeopardNation