Federal League Predictions

The rep used to be great at covering high school sports,especially football. The Sunday after mass-mck game ,pages of photos and articles. Miss that

Here is the Big Time Sports TV Schedule for football. Also possibly doing some streaming games and will release that schedule as well.

Attachments

• C388A070-357C-4974-BDBE-C202E104480E.jpeg
    C388A070-357C-4974-BDBE-C202E104480E.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 28
Out of curiosity, how come 1 of every 3 articles on FridayNightOhio.com pertains to Massillon?

Independent seems to be the only one producing stories on the Western Stark teams. And there is least one story a day on the Tigers from the time camp opens until the day after the season. The Rep seems to be devoting more space to the Browns than usual. Wonder why?

Between FridayNightOhio, WHBC and Big Time Sports a lot of coverage for local programs. ?

A good friend who was at the Mentor at Jackson scrimmage last night said it was 40-0 and could have been worse. Said Jackson didn’t fight at all.
Getting beat is one thing, not fighting is another. I will always tip my hat to the better team, but you better be giving attitude and effort till the end. Budd better nip that in the bud (pun intended) or it could be a disappointing year.

Last edited:
Perry, Hoover, and McKinley will be really tough. Hoover’s offense will be really good however I know their top wide receiver is out for several weeks.

Lake is extremely balanced and deep this year compared to years past. If they can win their other 7 games and then maybe win 1 out of 3 against Perry, Hoover and McKinley, then Lake will finish 8-2 and make the playoffs.

I will always tip my hat to the better team, but you better be giving attitude and effort till the end. Budd better nip that in the bud (pun intended) or it could be a disappointing year.
Budd quoted as being very upbeat and positive about his team in the Rep featured article today. Says he has skill players everywhere and don't bet against them.

I assume written before the Mentor scrimmage as it was never mentioned, and not how you'd expect any coach to react.

We get "just a scrimmage" but disappointing performance. Hoover Perry and Lake won't at all as tough as R5 will be to qualify.

Should be a fun year. It's a heckuva challenge for Hoover, Lake, and Perry. First they have to play the Federal League schedule and essentially go 8-2 to just make the playoffs. Then they have the likes of Hoban and Massillon waiting for them in week 11 if they do make it. Not exactly the reward you are looking for. :)

Perry, Hoover, and McKinley will be really tough. Hoover’s offense will be really good however I know their top wide receiver is out for several weeks.

Lake is extremely balanced and deep this year compared to years past. If they can win their other 7 games and then maybe win 1 out of 3 against Perry, Hoover and McKinley, then Lake will finish 8-2 and make the playoffs.

Sort of odd to see that Lake has two road games to start the season@Ashland, @Brush, I think they should win both, but Brush did knock off Hoover in a blowout 2 years ago. If they win those two, then they should be 5-0, Louisville use to be a 50/50 game, but I think the Leopards are no longer a top tiered team in the county. After that they get the Grinder: Mck, Hoover and Perry in a row, with Hoover and Perry at home. I think 7-3 is realistic, but it's possible they go 8-2, like you said it all depends on injuries.

Sort of odd to see that Lake has two road games to start the season@Ashland, @Brush, I think they should win both, but Brush did knock off Hoover in a blowout 2 years ago. If they win those two, then they should be 5-0, Louisville use to be a 50/50 game, but I think the Leopards are no longer a top tiered team in the county. After that they get the Grinder: Mck, Hoover and Perry in a row, with Hoover and Perry at home. I think 7-3 is realistic, but it's possible they go 8-2, like you said it all depends on injuries.
I usually pull for the Blue Streaks, but I wonder if some are getting ahead of themselves with these predictions. The team they would have to beat to go to 5-0 is one they haven't beaten since 2012.

Time will tell.

#FedStrong

Did Louisville fall from being a “top tiered “ program before or after putting up 600+ yards on Lake last year? Just curious.

Did Louisville fall from being a “top tiered “ program before or after putting up 600+ yards on Lake last year? Just curious.

I would say they fell out of the top tier when they left the EBC, they had pretty much 6 or 7 guaranteed victories in that league every year. Going to be hard as an Indy to replace those wins. As long as Louisville is an Independent, I don't believe they can become a top tiered team, might have one outstanding year followed by numerous average years, probably 6 or 7 wins would be a good season.

I would say they fell out of the top tier when they left the EBC, they had pretty much 6 or 7 guaranteed victories in that league every year. Going to be hard as an Indy to replace those wins. As long as Louisville is an Independent, I don't believe they can become a top tiered team, might have one outstanding year followed by numerous average years, probably 6 or 7 wins would be a good season.
So in the league they would get 8 or 9 wins against bad teams and they are top tier team. They go independent and beef up the schedule with tougher teams and get 6 or 7 wins but they are no longer top tier. MY2Sense this is dumb even for you.

Last edited:
I usually pull for the Blue Streaks, but I wonder if some are getting ahead of themselves with these predictions. The team they would have to beat to go to 5-0 is one they haven't beaten since 2012.

Time will tell.

#FedStrong
Nothing against Jackson, they are a great school district with great sports. I think Lake will beat them this year. I know things change each year, but the junior class has beaten them every year since 8th grade. Jackson pounded Lake physically last year at Jackson. The polar bears offensive line all graduated except for the center.

I think Lake has 3 seriously tough tests in a row in McKinley, Hoover, and Perry. However, they definitely have to take care of business in the first several games to make those 3 games more meaningful.

Boom.

Louisville has ALWAYS proved more than worthy vs. FL. @ Lake this year but calling it a pickem as of now. Matchups.

That's funny. I was at that game. Louisville offense was like the "greatest show on turf" that night.

Time will tell.

#FedStrong

Jackson has been “that team” for lake these past few years. I’m not sure why, or what it’s been, but it just has.

So in the league they would get 8 or 9 wins against bad teams and they are top tier team. They go independent and beef up the schedule with tougher teams and get 6 or 7 wins but they are no longer top tier. MY2Sense this is dumb even for you.

Good Lord, John Lee Pettimore, how many screen names do you have? Do you have any life, it seems like you're obsessed with this forum. Take all your screen names for a walk, there's a life outside of this forum.