Federal League Football 2023

Lake will have plenty of talent returning. They do have some key positions to fill ,but they should be able to fill them. Especially rb when has Lake not had a good rb?

Jackson should be fairly decent as there was defensive improvement in 2022 and there's a promising QB. I like the direction they're headed in. Hopefully the coaching mistakes were just a product of being a young team and having a first year staff and not something that happens going forward.

Oh and beat McKinley already? I've lost track of how many good Jackson squads lost to the Bulldogs when they shouldn't have.

I do not see Jackson improving from this year or winning more than one playoff game a year at max. The youth program is a mess with no real leadership ( sadly thats the story in many sports in Jackson twp) Young promising QB but who to help him develop? Most offense yards came from Davide who graduates. games were mismanaged by a first-year head coach who has been a coach for quite some time and has played the game at a high level.

Non-Conference schedules for each team

Lake
Week One- Alliance
Week Two- @ Boardman
Week Three- OPEN
Week Five- Louisville
McKinley
Week One- @ Warren G Harding
Week Two- Avon
Week Three- @ Dublin Coffman
Week Ten- Massillon
Hoover
Week One- Buchtel
Week Two- Hudson
Week Three- Canadian Team
Week Four- @ Louisville
Jackson
Week One- Mentor
Week Two- Mayfield
Week Three- @ Stow
Week Nine- @ Canton Central Catholic
GlenOak
Week One- Western Hills
Week Two- @ Massillon
Week Three- Fitch
Week Eight- @ Louisville
Green
Week One- Dover
Week Two- OPEN
Week Three- @ Tallmadge
Week Seven- Louisville
Perry
Week One- @ Central
Week Two- Akron SVSM
Week Three- Euclid
Week Six- @ Louisville

Last edited:
Jackson
Week One- Mentor
Week Two- Mayfield
Week Three- @ Stow
Week Nine- @ Canton Central Catholic
Well, Jackson finally upgraded their schedule. Replaced a D2 and a D3 with two D1s. About time, especially with scheduling Mentor. Hopefully Stow won't be uncharacteristically horrible again in 2023.

RIP to the Jackson-Boardman series. In the 90s/early 00s that was a big matchup when both Boardman was still D1 and very strong. The Spartans were probably the Polar Bears' longest non-Fed opponent in program history aside from ancient history I wouldn't know about.

Hoover will definitely be fun to watch offensively with a nice QB and 2 nice receivers. If they improve on the defensive side of the ball, they should be a contender.

Well, Jackson finally upgraded their schedule. Replaced a D2 and a D3 with two D1s. About time, especially with scheduling Mentor. Hopefully Stow won't be uncharacteristically horrible again in 2023.

RIP to the Jackson-Boardman series. In the 90s/early 00s that was a big matchup when both Boardman was still D1 and very strong. The Spartans were probably the Polar Bears' longest non-Fed opponent in program history aside from ancient history I wouldn't know about.
2-2 With this They need to dump Central as this is truly not helpful to the program

Lake this is a lame schedule won’t help you when you have to play Massillon

Lake
Week One- Alliance
Week Two- @ Boardman
Week Three- OPEN
Week Five- Louisville
Can’t even disagree here. This is so weak. What are we doing? Louisville used to be a formidable opponent but they aren’t nearly what they have been. Alliance, with all due respect, hasn’t been all that competitive the last few years. I don’t mind the Boardman game. Ole fed foe and an equally sized school with some decent teams every now and again. Week three should be Massillon or an Avon type of game. Iron sharpens iron.

2-2 With this They need to dump Central as this is truly not helpful to the program
I used to agree with you but I think it's more important now to get butts in the seats. Tons of CCC players live in Jax Twp anyway so they're gonna show. Keeping a local foe (CCC) and the strongest program they already faced non-conf (Mayfield) makes sense. This is a good schedule for the Bears.

The only schedules I don't like are Lake's (can be fixed with that open date) and McKinley's (in danger of robbing themselves of a 1st round playoff home game if they go 0-4, they need a gimme game).

Last edited:
McKinley will be easily 3-1 with this one

McKinley
Week One- @ Warren G Harding
Week Two- Avon
Week Three- @ Dublin Coffman
Week Ten- Massillon
McKinley went 0-4 in this portion last year....they lost to Dublin and Massillon who both remain. Avon was/is as good as Massillon and you're playing on the road against WGH....who are the 3 and who is the 1?

I used to agree with you but I think it's more important now to get butts in the seats. Tons of CCC players live in Jax Twp anyway so they're gonna show. Keeping a local foe (CCC) and the strongest program they already faced non-conf (Mayfield) makes sense. This is a good schedule for the Bears.

The only schedules I don't like are Lake's (can be fixed with that open date) and McKinley's (in danger of robbing themselves of a 1st round playoff home game if they go 0-4, they need a gimme game).
I'll be surprised if the CCC series continues beyond next season when Jackson's oddball nonleague week rotates from 9 to 4. They'll have a lot more options for week 4, as will CCC. Getting together in week 8 and later week 9 was a marriage of convenience more than anything else. It was cool when the series was renewed in 2016, but it seems to have run its course rather quickly. On the CCC end, I don't sense the same level of excitement that exists when they play Perry. On the Jackson end, it has looked the last few years like they play the CCC game with one hand tied behind their backs until they're forced to untie that other hand.

Lake this is a lame schedule won’t help you when you have to play Massillon

Lake
Week One- Alliance
Week Two- @ Boardman
Week Three- OPEN
Week Five- Louisville
Totally agree!
Alliance had their best team in years this past season and they were competitive for a quarter and a half. Then Lake took control and rolled them. I don't see Alliance having a better or even close as good of a team next year. The 2 previous meetings before last year were so one sided they weren't worth going to.

Boardman is a good matchup. Old league member as was Alliance. Difference is Boardman's size and their consistency as a winning program.

Week 3 is open and our inside guy at bluestreak headquarters reported that they were trying to get a city team. I really hate this idea. I get that you want play athletic teams ,but the city team have been in rapid decline for quite awhile. Especially the Akron city teams! The best kids go to the private schools in Summitt County. I would actually rather them play a Akron parochial team than City team. Sure we may get our tails handed to to us ,but atleast we gave an effort and played a quality program.

Louisville, what can you say about Louisville? They are a mess! It's more than just the coach as well. Each year I have seen less and less talent on the field. Maybe they aren't coming out because of the coach. Idk I'm not around that situation. The fact is is they just seem to be lacking in alot of things. 1 they look like a team that doesn't lift too often. Atleast this years team didn't. They aren't the Harbin Cow the once were. So they bring very little use and big decline if you should happen to lose.

Totally agree!
Alliance had their best team in years this past season and they were competitive for a quarter and a half. Then Lake took control and rolled them. I don't see Alliance having a better or even close as good of a team next year. The 2 previous meetings before last year were so one sided they weren't worth going to.

Boardman is a good matchup. Old league member as was Alliance. Difference is Boardman's size and their consistency as a winning program.

Week 3 is open and our inside guy at bluestreak headquarters reported that they were trying to get a city team. I really hate this idea. I get that you want play athletic teams ,but the city team have been in rapid decline for quite awhile. Especially the Akron city teams! The best kids go to the private schools in Summitt County. I would actually rather them play a Akron parochial team than City team. Sure we may get our tails handed to to us ,but atleast we gave an effort and played a quality program.

Louisville, what can you say about Louisville? They are a mess! It's more than just the coach as well. Each year I have seen less and less talent on the field. Maybe they aren't coming out because of the coach. Idk I'm not around that situation. The fact is is they just seem to be lacking in alot of things. 1 they look like a team that doesn't lift too often. Atleast this years team didn't. They aren't the Harbin Cow the once were. So they bring very little use and big decline if you should happen to lose.
Dude for the love of god if we schedule East again I’m going to lose it. Effing pathetic scheduling. Soft and embarrassing.

Dude for the love of god if we schedule East again I’m going to lose it. Effing pathetic scheduling. Soft and embarrassing.

Were they scheduled in advance? After the breakout year Lake had and youth coming up I hope they add a solid opponent week 3 and if not would agree with you. Confidence should be high - seize the momentum.

That said a 9-1/8-2 season would have Lake positioned fairly well, I wouldn't overstate it too much.

Were they scheduled in advance? After the breakout year Lake had and youth coming up I hope they add a solid opponent week 3 and if not would agree with you. Confidence should be high - seize the momentum.

That said a 9-1/8-2 season would have Lake positioned fairly well, I wouldn't overstate it too much.
Regardless of the season they just had, I don’t think really any fed school should be playing city schools. Just my opinion.

Regardless of the season they just had, I don’t think really any fed school should be playing city schools. Just my opinion.
Ok boys lets take the way back clock and be realistic....
1990..Green out of conference....Timken, Alliance, Wooster, New Philly...league
1991 Kenmore, Toledo St John's..out of conference....Alliance , Wooster, New Philly, Timken..league
1992 Lorain Southview, Ravenna...out of conference....Alliance, Wooster, Timken, New Philly...league
1993 Ellet, Ravenna...out of conference...Alliance, Wooster, Timken, New Philly...league
1994 Ellet, Ravenna...out of conference....Alliance, Wooster, Timken, New Philly...league
1995 Ellet, East, Ravenna...out of conference....Alliance, Wooster, New Philly....league
1996 Ellet, East, Stow...out of conference....Alliance, New Philly, Wooster...league
1997.Ellet, Garfield, Parma Normandy...out of conference....Alliance, New Philly, Wooster...league
1998 Ellet, New Philly Ravenna, Coventry....out of conference....Wooster, Alliance...league
1999 Ellet, New Philly, Ravenna, Dover...out of conference....Wooster, Alliance....league
2000 Ellet, Firestone, Kenston, Dover.....out of conference....Wooster, Alliance..league
2001 Buchtel, Firestone, Kenston, Dover...out of conference....Wooster, Alliance...league

Now looking at the above.....tell me...was there a tough schedule in the 90's? Jeff Durbin had total control of making the schedule....this is a quote.."I scheduled Toledo St John's thinking we would need to beat them to get in the playoffs". I am showing 12 years...outright league champs 91,..... 93, 94, 98 co-champs...then have been co-champs just this year....Durbin controlled the schedule up to 2014. For those of you that think we should play Massillon...what is our record from 2004 to 2022 vs McKinley (4-15) and then compare Massillon's record against McK from the same time frame.

1991 519 boys in the top 3 grades....2022 419 boys in the top three grades.

This info will remind you that the 90's were fun...but we played Timken, New Philly, Wooster, and Alliance...they were powerful. Lifetime against Alliance 15-7..(Durbin was 10-3), Timken 9-0 (Durbin was 7-0), New Philly 12-0 (Durbin was 10-0), Wooster 16-1(Durbin was 15-0)....equals for Durbin 41-3

Out of Conference Schedule from 1990 thru 2001 we were 29-4...who was tough that we played? (Record against City Series was 12-2, lost to Ellet in 93 and Buchtel in 2001...Lost to Dover in 99 and to Kenston in 2000)

Durbin's record against Alliance, Timken, New Philly, Wooster and the out of conference of 1990 -2001 is 70-7...his total record 163-99...so the other time frames and games not posted he was 93-92...interesting is it not

Shall I continue?

Last edited:
Ok boys lets take the way back clock and be realistic....
1990..Green out of conference....Timken. Alliance, Wooster, New Philly...league
1991 Kenmore, Toledo St John's..out of conference....Alliance , Wooster, New Philly, Timken..league
1992 Lorain Southview, Ravenna...out of conference....Alliance, Wooster, Timken, New Philly...league
1993 Ellet, Ravenna...out of conference...Alliance, Wooater, Timken, New Philly...league
1994 Ellet, Ravenna...out of conference....Alliance, Wooster, Timken, New Philly...league
1995 Ellet, East, Ravenna...out of conference....Alliance, Wooster, New Philly....league
1996 Ellet, East, Stow...out of conference....Alliance, New Philly, Wooster...league
1997.Ellet, Garfield, Parma Normandy...out of conference....Alliance, New Philly, Wooster...league
1998 Ellet, New Philly Ravenna, Coventry....out of conference....Wooster, Alliance...league
1999 Ellet, New Philly, Ravenna, Dover...out of conference....Wooster, Alliance....league
2000 Ellet, Firestone, Kenston, Dover.....out of conference....Wooster, Alliance..league
2001 Buchtel, Firestone, Kenston, Dover...out of conference....Wooster, Alliance...league

Now looking at the above.....tell me...was there a tough schedule in the 90's? Jeff Durbin had total control of making the schedule....this is a quote.."I scheduled Toledo St John's think we would need to beat them to get in the playoffs". I am showing 12 years...outright league champs 91,..... 93, 94, 98 co-champs...then have been co-champs just this year....Durbin controlled the schedule up to 2014. For those of you that think we should play Massillon...what is our record from 2004 to 2022 vs McKinley and then compare Massillon's record against McK from the same time frame.

1991 519 boys in the top 3 grades....2022 419 boys in the top three grades.

This info will remind you that the 90's were fun...but we played Timken, New Philly, Wooster, and Alliance...they were powerful. Lifetime against Alliance 15-7, Timken 9-0, New Philly 12-0, Wooster 16-1....equals 52-8...

Out of Conference Schedule 29-4...who was tough that we played

Durbin's record in that time frame 81-12...his total record 163-99...so the other time frames he was 82-91...interesting is it not

Shall I continue?
That certainly makes sense!
What about Barberton or even Medina Highland.They aren't too far and both have been pretty good. Both are D2 teams that usually make it to the playoffs. I like watching different teams though.

The only people I ever hear that want McKinley out of the league are McKinley fans.
My personal preference I would like to not have to play them. I wonder what is driving this talk...possible money by paid attendance? The last couple of years we have been Mckinley's highest gate behind Massillon. Barberton has been approached, can't remember the exact time frame but they have turned us down...Highland has never been mentioned...possibly do to both league's schedule...we have to find teams that have the same week open.

Last edited: