Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
they are so obsessed with rubbing everyone in stark county's nose in it all the time.

and they wonder why everybody in Stark County hates their guts and wishes ill for them.
If you really watch it’s only a few idiots doing it from Massillon. It’s like they have there phone set up to alert them so they can respond. Adults living on here to comment is almost comical . Massillon definitely loves there football. But damn there is a few that live through it. I’ll be at Erie watching tonight.

HO……..BAN !!! 😳

If you really watch it’s only a few idiots doing it from Massillon. It’s like they have there phone set up to alert them so they can respond. Adults living on here to comment is almost comical . Massillon definitely loves there football. But damn there is a few that live through it. I’ll be at Erie watching tonight.

HO……..BAN !!! 😳
they are a disgrace to what should be celebrated as something good: Paul Brown motto of "Excellence in All Things"

Any early predictions on next season?
I think Hoover and McKinley are the frontrunners. Hoover is going to have a veteran team that is strong on both sides of the ball like Lake this year and Green last year. For McKinley, I doubt any team in the league will be able to stop Nino Hill.

I think Hoover and McKinley are the frontrunners. Hoover is going to have a veteran team that is strong on both sides of the ball like Lake this year and Green last year. For McKinley, I doubt any team in the league will be able to stop Nino Hill.
Agreed. Believe those two are the front runners. I think Lake will once again have a strong squad.

Hoover will have good skill, but lose their entire offense line and running back. They lose all 3 linebackers and 2 dline. They will be a heavily loaded junior team, with that said, I think they’re a year away. I think Lake and McKinley are still the favorites

Hoover will have good skill, but lose their entire offense line and running back. They lose all 3 linebackers and 2 dline. They will be a heavily loaded junior team, with that said, I think they’re a year away. I think Lake and McKinley are still the favorites
Doesn't Lake also lose most of their linemen? The Streaks had some 3-year starters playing up front who aren't going to be easy to replace.

Doesn't Lake also lose most of their linemen? The Streaks had some 3-year starters playing up front who aren't going to be easy to replace.
I think they lose 3 starters on the line if I’m not mistaken. But they do return their entire line backing core who was very good for them this year. Defense should be really stout.

McKinley has to be the favorite until they don't win a league title or a share of it. Jackson should improve at QB with the young freshman getting good experience this year. I think he can be pretty good.

Hoover and Lake will be right in the mix again I think as well. Hard to beat the Hoover tradition in the Fed. It's why I always feel like they will be in title contention until the end.

I think they lose 3 starters on the line if I’m not mistaken. But they do return their entire line backing core who was very good for them this year. Defense should be really stout.
We lose 2 starters off the O line, Jack McAvinew #76, and Stiles Diesz #71...you could say Hayden Wells #74..but he didn't play all year due to an injury.....A couple of Juniors and Sophomores did get a lot of playing time...so the drop off will not be as severe. Skill positions lose Butler as a rotating QB...I would keep an eye on Noah Kubasky #10....Dylan Snyder, Matthew Sollenberger and Landon Gardner are gone....but there is some depth there and possible surprises.

Defense the Linebackers and defensive backs are pretty solid..D lineman we lose a great success story Bryce Talkington #48...he never played football before and didn't know the game...if he doesn't get hurt against Perry he would have been a great asset during the playoffs. Other D lineman that will be hard to replace is Riley Fuimaono #54, Brody Morgan #63, Nathan Sponseller #68, but with all the injuries and moving people around we did find some young guys who can play, just need be dedicated to the weight room. Then there is replacing #6 at strong safety.

I think one of the hardest people to replace will be Will Butler....his intensity on how to play showed the team coasting is not acceptable.

Jv lost 2 games, Freshman lost 2 games...which is surprising...there is a drop off of talent with this class. The 8th grade looks promising...we had 2 8th grade teams..it will be interesting to see how that carries over to next year.

Currently we will not lose any coaches but that can change. This group of coaches has a ton of experience...you saw that with how they had the next man up available. Like I said before great kids always...every year a different group of kids for the coaches to coach. Which means you play with the kids you have. I believe this is Lake's best overall set of coaches as a group....ever.

We lose 2 starters off the O line, Jack McAvinew #76, and Stiles Diesz #71...you could say Hayden Wells #74..but he didn't play all year due to an injury.....A couple of Juniors and Sophomores did get a lot of playing time...so the drop off will not be as severe. Skill positions lose Butler as a rotating QB...I would keep an eye on Noah Kubasky #10....Dylan Snyder, Matthew Sollenberger and Landon Gardner are gone....but there is some depth there and possible surprises.

Defense the Linebackers and defensive backs are pretty solid..D lineman we lose a great success story Bryce Talkington #48...he never played football before and didn't know the game...if he doesn't get hurt against Perry he would have been a great asset during the playoffs. Other D lineman that will be hard to replace is Riley Fuimaono #54, Brody Morgan #63, Nathan Sponseller #68, but with all the injuries and moving people around we did find some young guys who can play, just need be dedicated to the weight room. Then there is replacing #6 at strong safety.

I think one of the hardest people to replace will be Will Butler....his intensity on how to play showed the team coasting is not acceptable.

Jv lost 2 games, Freshman lost 2 games...which is surprising...there is a drop off of talent with this class. The 8th grade looks promising...we had 2 8th grade teams..it will be interesting to see how that carries over to next year.

Currently we will not lose any coaches but that can change. This group of coaches has a ton of experience...you saw that with how they had the next man up available. Like I said before great kids always...every year a different group of kids for the coaches to coach. Which means you play with the kids you have. I believe this is Lake's best overall set of coaches as a group....ever.
Butler, typical Mogadore kid. You were fortunate he went to Lake this year. But hey Mogadore still won another league title and advanced as far as Lake in playoffs. 2 great programs!

Do you think they rotate QBs again next year? Outside of the scrimmages, I didnt see Kubasky play, but he throws a good ball. He's a big kid so I wasnt sure if he offers the same style of play that Butler brought to the table.

Butler, typical Mogadore kid. You were fortunate he went to Lake this year. But hey Mogadore still won another league title and advanced as far as Lake in playoffs. 2 great programs!
Impressive what Mogadore did without him. Do you think they are playing next week if he stayed?

You are right about the next man up philosophy. Yes this team is deeper than past teams, but I haven’t seen a Lake team be destroyed with injuries and still have the success they had. Props to the coaches this year. Like you said, with all those young kids getting playing time this year it is going to pay huge dividends for next year. Pumped for next season, I think they will have a special team once again. What was the records for the 8th grade teams?

Do you think they rotate QBs again next year? Outside of the scrimmages, I didnt see Kubasky play, but he throws a good ball. He's a big kid so I wasnt sure if he offers the same style of play that Butler brought to the table.
He is a tough player. He would rather run the ball then throw it..lol. If he works as hard as Cale did and will do again with Coach DeGeorge during the off season...it could be possible. This is one thing you do not see...Coach DeGeorge spends a lot of time with the QB's...going over film and situations...asking them what would they do or should do. You saw that with Cale this year...he didn't take as many sacks and threw the ball away more this year then last. Coach DeGeorge schedules those meetings thru the year and before practice gets going.

You are right about the next man up philosophy. Yes this team is deeper than past teams, but I haven’t seen a Lake team be destroyed with injuries and still have the success they had. Props to the coaches this year. Like you said, with all those young kids getting playing time this year it is going to pay huge dividends for next year. Pumped for next season, I think they will have a special team once again. What was the records for the 8th grade teams?
Props to the coaches all the time...the amount of time they devote is amazing. They did a lot with a lot. I don't think they worked as hard as they did in 2017...that year was a long year they tried to find ways to stay competitive in every game...but they did learn how to be better. Did you notice that the kids played hard till the end of the Massillon game...they didn't quit. That is props to the staff. I can't remember what the 8th records were but do know both were way better then a couple years back when they didn't win a game

Last edited:
He is a tough player. He would rather run the ball then throw it..lol. If he works as hard as Cale did and will do again with Coach DeGeorge during the off season...it could be possible. This is one thing you do not see...Coach DeGeorge spends a lot of time with the QB's...going over film and situations...asking them what would they do or should do. You saw that with Cale this year...he didn't take as many sacks and threw the ball away more this year then last. Coach DeGeorge schedules those meetings thru the year and before practice gets going.
If Jarvis can make the same leap from Jr to Sr year as he did from soph to Jr year, then things should go very well for the Streaks. That and Christopher having a whole year with those guys in the weight room.